sorry traciinla, but i just have to share this!

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i did get a blow-up gown when they were preparing me for surgery, it was really warm in the room what with five of us in there (not to mention all of you). the nurse told me they could cool me off with my gown. i couldn't help but mention to my friends that traciinla didn't get a blow-up gown or a pesto recipe. one of the anesthesiologist heard me talking to my friends and he came back with a pesto recipe for me! now if only one of my doctors was cute enough to date, i'd be all set. . .

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Heidi,
    That is just too

Heidi,
    That is just too funny. Blow up gowns and pesto recipes. I got neither. There was a cute doctor but I think that he was 12. LOL
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    LOL!
    I, too, got neither! My rads technicians were nice and all, but I barely got a "see ya" on my last day. Glad you were treated so well!

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Don't feel too bad Traci. I
    Don't feel too bad Traci. I got none of those things. I don't even know what a blow-up gown is. Or pesto. Is that dip?
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Too Funny...I totally blew
    Too Funny...I totally blew it...had this Very educated, and extremely hot looking thoracic surgeon who was operating along with my female onc surgeon...he had just come back from studies in France and has fellowships and amazing education and awards,etc...and what did I say...OWow you are Really tall...(he was like 6 ft 7)...thankfully I was spared any more embarrassment as the anesthesia began to flow...
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-D
    Blow up gown??? That sounds scary to me, oh and I love Pesto I just bought a big jar of it at Costco. I too made a goof of myself when I asked my surgeon what he about procedures done in the early 70's he is tall good looking and so nice, he looked at me and said "You goof I am not much older than you, how would I know that". Hahaha my husband was there and he busted up laughing and my surgeon just let me suffer as I back peddled and tried to explain my rediculous question! He is a great guy, I love my surgeon.

RE
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    RE said:

:-D
    Blow up gown??? That sounds scary to me, oh and I love Pesto I just bought a big jar of it at Costco. I too made a goof of myself when I asked my surgeon what he about procedures done in the early 70's he is tall good looking and so nice, he looked at me and said "You goof I am not much older than you, how would I know that". Hahaha my husband was there and he busted up laughing and my surgeon just let me suffer as I back peddled and tried to explain my rediculous question! He is a great guy, I love my surgeon.

RE

Dont feel bad I didnt get a
    Dont feel bad I didnt get a blow up gown or pesto either. in fact my last anesthesia guy was a smart A I had to put in his place. (young doc) good thing I am anurse and used to it. hehe. Heidi you deserve your perks!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    carkris said:

Dont feel bad I didnt get a
    Dont feel bad I didnt get a blow up gown or pesto either. in fact my last anesthesia guy was a smart A I had to put in his place. (young doc) good thing I am anurse and used to it. hehe. Heidi you deserve your perks!

Okay, I missed it...
    What the heck is a blow up gown???? Does it have anything to do with flatulence???
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Heidi
    thanks for the laugh out loud moment! I declined the blow up gown because since menopause I'm always hot! As for the pesto recipe - I didn't get one of them! Both my surgeons are happily married... as am I :-0 Hope your surgery went well.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Heidi
    thanks for the laugh out loud moment! I declined the blow up gown because since menopause I'm always hot! As for the pesto recipe - I didn't get one of them! Both my surgeons are happily married... as am I :-0 Hope your surgery went well.
    {{hugs}} Char

just because you are on a
    just because you are on a diet doesnt mean you cant look at the menu just sayin'
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    sea60 said:

Okay, I missed it...
    What the heck is a blow up gown???? Does it have anything to do with flatulence???

Thank goodness, sea60 - I'm not the ONLY one!
    I've never even seen one of these things, and I half-believe that all of you are making all this up just to mess with me....:-)

I keep picturing that puffer fish in Finding Nemo who keeps puffing up like a balloon and floating away, and his friends have to chase him down and deflate him....Do they tie you to someone's wrist with a piece of string while you're wearing one of those gowns?

Traci

P.S. I shall console myself with the fact that all three of my doctors are young and handsome -- seriously. I'm with Penny -- nothing wrong with lookin' at the menu!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    carkris said:

just because you are on a
    just because you are on a diet doesnt mean you cant look at the menu just sayin'

The blow up
    gown is for warmth in the or. Because I'm "hot" already I declined the use of it. LOL Operating rooms are known to be cold so some really like the blow up gown. As for the hot attendees, we're not all so lucky!
    Char
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I did not get a blow up
    I did not get a blow up gown, actually I don't even know what one is...but oddly enough, I too came back from surgery with a recipe for Pesto! My family couldn't believe it~ when I finally was brought to my room, I was still ultra groggy, but let them all know that I got an awesome Pesto recipe from the anesthesiologist! Thsy still laugh about that~ that surgery was back in 2003, and they bring it up every now and then!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    chenheart said:

I did not get a blow up
    I did not get a blow up gown, actually I don't even know what one is...but oddly enough, I too came back from surgery with a recipe for Pesto! My family couldn't believe it~ when I finally was brought to my room, I was still ultra groggy, but let them all know that I got an awesome Pesto recipe from the anesthesiologist! Thsy still laugh about that~ that surgery was back in 2003, and they bring it up every now and then!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

blow up
    I didn't get a blow up gown either but the staff did sing "Happy Birthday" to me since my surgery was on my birthday. They cut out balloons out of paper and put them on my IV pole.

Margo
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    yes . . .
    I got the blow-up gown - loved it - but was bummed when I woke up from surgery in a regular hospital gown . . . but, I missed out on the pesto recipe!

♥ Lynn ♥