Anyone feeling the coolness of Fall?

sea60
sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finally starting to feel a bit cooler here in Texas.

How about ya'll?

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    NOt here in So. FLA
    WE'll have to wait another month til we feel it.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    30 this morning
    It definately is getting cold here - western South Dakota. It was 30F this morning and hasn't gotten out of the 30's today according to my recording thermometer. I hate it - I won't be really warm again til June.

Last night the TV said that it was supposed to get down to 39 but something told me that I better bring all my bougainvilleas in 'just in case' - glad I did.
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    Ditto for me and Mama G
    LOL...in the land of palm trees and Mickey Mouse? Not so much, but hope it won't be as cold as last year. We panic when we have to buy coats in Fl...love, shy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

Ditto for me and Mama G
    LOL...in the land of palm trees and Mickey Mouse? Not so much, but hope it won't be as cold as last year. We panic when we have to buy coats in Fl...love, shy

Still hot here...
    but a little dryer, so I'll take it!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Still hot here...
    but a little dryer, so I'll take it!

yep in mass. but it could
    yep in mass. but it could warm up
  • sea60
    Wow Rague!
    30 degrees already?!? BRRRR!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Glad I'm not the only one
    dealing with cold temperatures. I was begining to think Oregon was the only place that was happening. I keep threatening to move in with my daughter in Las Vegas!

Hugs
    Georgia
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    cooler in MN
    Definitely cooler here in MN - have the heat on at night, at least. But, Rague . . . 30 degrees in SD? BRRRR . . . . Well, I love the fall colors and football . . . just not looking forward to the COLD MN winters!

♥ Lynn ♥
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    I don't know what the real
    I don't know what the real temperature is! One moment I could swear that I am literally melting. Told hubby last night while down @ our local theater watching a play that I was fairly sure he could have cooked an egg on my head. (As long as he didn't mind eating a bit of stubble. Hair is cropped close but still coming out.) Then, just a little while later my head was freezing as we were driving home with the windows down. Right now I'm in a cool phase. Give me a minute, though and I'll heat up again!

The weather man says it's warm for this time of year. Personally, I kinda hope the snow starts flying soon because I might need it to cool off some of the hot flashes!

Blessings,

♡ Jenn ♡
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

I don't know what the real
    I don't know what the real temperature is! One moment I could swear that I am literally melting. Told hubby last night while down @ our local theater watching a play that I was fairly sure he could have cooked an egg on my head. (As long as he didn't mind eating a bit of stubble. Hair is cropped close but still coming out.) Then, just a little while later my head was freezing as we were driving home with the windows down. Right now I'm in a cool phase. Give me a minute, though and I'll heat up again!

The weather man says it's warm for this time of year. Personally, I kinda hope the snow starts flying soon because I might need it to cool off some of the hot flashes!

Blessings,

♡ Jenn ♡

I love fall,
    BUT...it's not here yet. Supposed to be in the mid 90's here all week. Next Saturday is the Komen "Race" and I hope it cools off. They say it's going to rain, hope not. Fingers are crossed that fall arrives soon and lasts a long time.
    MM
  • sea60

I love fall,
    BUT...it's not here yet. Supposed to be in the mid 90's here all week. Next Saturday is the Komen "Race" and I hope it cools off. They say it's going to rain, hope not. Fingers are crossed that fall arrives soon and lasts a long time.
    MM

I love it too
    I hope it does cool off for your Race Marsha! Either way, have fun.

There's something about this season that conjures up memories brought on by the smell of leaves, the sound of football games, the feeling of cool winds. It's a time to open up windows to air the house and light scented candles of cinnamon and spice. It's a gateway for the Holidays approaching. I love it all the more because it's so fleeting.

Happy Fall!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    sea60 said:

I love it too
    I hope it does cool off for your Race Marsha! Either way, have fun.

There's something about this season that conjures up memories brought on by the smell of leaves, the sound of football games, the feeling of cool winds. It's a time to open up windows to air the house and light scented candles of cinnamon and spice. It's a gateway for the Holidays approaching. I love it all the more because it's so fleeting.

Happy Fall!

It has been beautiful
    It has been beautiful weather here. Cool in the morning, then warm in the day. I cant believe it is 30 degrees in SD, that is UGG boot time. They are so warm. Anyhoo, i read the forcast for this winter and they are calling for a gentle winter in the East, with no blizzards, and hardly any snow. It will be a warm fall and winter, and remember that you heard it here.
  • sharon1952
    sharon1952 Member Posts: 2
    yes and it feels and smells
    yes and it feels and smells alive! Mother nature Rules
  • knitterjan
    knitterjan Member Posts: 20

I love fall,
    MM

Houston is still really hot
    Marsha, it sounds as though you must be from this part of the country too. My husband and I are going to look at fall color up in New Hampshire and Maine. I can't wait to really feel fall.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

yes and it feels and smells
    yes and it feels and smells alive! Mother nature Rules

description
    Sea60 - I love your description of fall, that pretty much says it all.

Knitterjan - I'm actually in far southwest Indiana and it's been a very uncomfortable, long hot summer here too. The heat is expected to continue for about 2 more weeks (at least). One bright note is that the humidity is getting better, allowing it to cool down better in the mornings. Oh, by the way, we're in a slight drought BUT it's supposed to rain on "Race" day - figures. I already forgot what rain looks like and now it's going to be here the one day I don't want it.

Anyway, like a lot of things, when it comes to weather we'll take what we get. Have a good week.

MM
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

description
    Sea60 - I love your description of fall, that pretty much says it all.

Knitterjan - I'm actually in far southwest Indiana and it's been a very uncomfortable, long hot summer here too. The heat is expected to continue for about 2 more weeks (at least). One bright note is that the humidity is getting better, allowing it to cool down better in the mornings. Oh, by the way, we're in a slight drought BUT it's supposed to rain on "Race" day - figures. I already forgot what rain looks like and now it's going to be here the one day I don't want it.

Anyway, like a lot of things, when it comes to weather we'll take what we get. Have a good week.

MM

Love Fall
    My part of Texas has not cooled off much, from 104-107 average a couple of weeks ago to mid 90's. I think we have upper 80's coming soon. I love the fall of the year ready for highs in the 60's. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    It's still SUMMER officially!
    Yes - it did hit 30 at our house according to my recording thermometer. We are a couple mile (as the crow flies) ENE of the Black Hills out on the prairie. We're often colder (or hotter) than the 'official' temp in Rapid City. Sat. afternoon I talked with lady at the Commissary who had come down from the Hills and she said they had had sleet in the morning. Talked with a friend that lives near the ND border and she lost most of what was left of her garden. Yeah - it was cold.

Yesterday, it made it up to 57 at the house and today is supposed to reach 88 but I doubt it as it's 66 here right now.