Still waiting

marines911
marines911 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My wife is still waiting for the slides to be tested to see if she qualifies for the clinical trial through UCLA. ONC wanted to give her NAVOBEAN, but that would be her 4th line and that would disqualify her automatically, so decided to go with the Ixempra and Zolota package for the next 2 weeks while we wait and there will only be a 3 week wash out period once we get the results if she qualifies.

If this trial does not accept her, then there is the NAVOBEAN treatment, all though ONC is not to optimistic with this line, but we are going to try anything and everything. If that does not work, then there is always 2 other phase 1 clinical trials.

Still fighting, praying and supporting one another. Looking forward to the birthday party and trying to keep the nausea to a minimum, but hard to keep things down. I really worry that this is getting worse. Spoke to the ONC and had her give me the extent of the progression, wish I hadn't, but I needed to know if there is something that I should be looking for or be aware of. My wife now has the spread in her clavical, rib, and some fluid in her abdomen. Still same attitude that my wife still looks the same and has not been hospitalized or physical signs are not present, so that is a GOOD thing.

Thank you all for the prayers, trust me we feel them, and always look forward to your input, love and support.

God Bless you all,

Thomas

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    You are always in my prayers
    I hope the next two weeks go fast for you, I know when your waiting it seems like it takes forever. God is with you both at this time. And you both remain in my prayers. Keep fighting the fight. We are all here to help anyway we can. Your wife is very lucky to have such a loving husband like you. You certainly are a God send. God bless Kay
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    In my prayers
    You are both certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping that the trial accepts her and that it works wonders! Keep up your positive thoughts, support and love for each other.

God Bless you,
    Michelle
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    God bless you and help your
    God bless you and help your family through these difficult weeks. We are concerned and praying. Will be watching for your posts. Love,shy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

God bless you and help your
    God bless you and help your family through these difficult weeks. We are concerned and praying. Will be watching for your posts. Love,shy

Thomas, you and your wife are in my thoughts
    and prayers. Did you make any decision on how to spend her birthday ??

Marine Bratt .. Vicki Sam
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Thomas - have been and will
    Thomas - have been and will continue to keep your and your wife in my prayers.
    *hugs to you both*
    Heather
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Your family is never NOT in our prayers
    Thomas, I know there's no need to tell a Marine this, but please keep on fighting! As bad as the oncologist's information might sound, the fact that your beloved wife isn't showing any physical signs can only be a very positive sign. May the upcoming birthday celebration be a joyous one and the first of many, many more!

God Bless,
    Moopy and Joe
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Keeping you both in my prayers
    Have you guys tried E-Mend for nausea? It helped mine immediately. Hugs,fingers crossed for clinical trail at UCLA. Katz
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    You are lifted in prayer always...
    I pray she recovers from the nausea soon.

And I also wish a festive celebratory birthday!

God bless you as well.