Port in got treated like ________

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I told them i have a low blood suger problem I needed to eat. they did the thing left me with food and i kept asking for my purse because i had something there to eat got told no you have to stay for 2 more hours. Got theathen with a dui also by the hospital. i told them i had a ride buit the still threathen me with a dui. I signed myself out . came home and ate food. which was a fun trip my neck hurts never mind i cant turn my neck. i drink or eat i get pain.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    So Sorry!
    I'm so sorry it went so bad for you. Very different than my experience.

I woke up still in the OR so I never went to recovery - straight to discharge. We had been told that I'd probably be about 2 hours from end of surgery til dischage so after surgeon talked to Hubby, he left to go feed the horses. Surprise of surprises to him as he had just gotten to the barn when they called him to come get me. In discharge, I HAD to eat (and drink) before they would let me leave. They had a lot of choices (I had a huge banana nut muffin - so yummy and FL [yes FL - not the nasty non FL junk] orange juice). I was ready before Hubby got back as he went ahead and did feed before he came back.

Again so - sorry - it isn't always bad.

Susan
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
    Rague said:

So Sorry!
    I'm so sorry it went so bad for you. Very different than my experience.

I woke up still in the OR so I never went to recovery - straight to discharge. We had been told that I'd probably be about 2 hours from end of surgery til dischage so after surgeon talked to Hubby, he left to go feed the horses. Surprise of surprises to him as he had just gotten to the barn when they called him to come get me. In discharge, I HAD to eat (and drink) before they would let me leave. They had a lot of choices (I had a huge banana nut muffin - so yummy and FL [yes FL - not the nasty non FL junk] orange juice). I was ready before Hubby got back as he went ahead and did feed before he came back.

Again so - sorry - it isn't always bad.

Susan

It bad from day one
    I was not able to talk or ask questions. At surgery I told I did t want a pain reliever got it any ways. I told them no. Yesterday evryone want to use my left side I told them you cant got told to be nicer.how can you be nice when you not listen to the ignore you and want to do want they want.I lost my left breast plus nodes on my left side it the hospital the treats me wrong
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598

It bad from day one
    I was not able to talk or ask questions. At surgery I told I did t want a pain reliever got it any ways. I told them no. Yesterday evryone want to use my left side I told them you cant got told to be nicer.how can you be nice when you not listen to the ignore you and want to do want they want.I lost my left breast plus nodes on my left side it the hospital the treats me wrong

Canjuncutie
    Please inform the administation about ur treatment. You reley on them for your care and obviously they negleted their duty. We pay them to care for us. Thats a sad statement, but at some hosp its true.
    Im very happy with the care I recieved at mine. They send out forms to fill out after we get treatment. I filled it out and returned it with compliments. Does or did you recieve anything like that? I'd still tell the higher ups about ur care. Makes me soo mad. It's not bad enough to have cancer, but to loose our dignity and respect also. Grrrrr