Finally Taking a Long-Awaited Trip to Paradise!

missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My husband and I had a cruise planned for October '09 and holiday travel plans to my mom's in NY that year. Then the bomb dropped--I'm diagnosed with IDC and all travel plans get cancelled :(

Well, after fighting this battle all year, I'm done with surgeries, I'm done with chemo, done with rads and we are finally going on a 12-day trip to our favorite place in the world, Kauai tomorrow!

We plan to relax on our favorite beach there, snorkel, horseback ride, eat some fabulous fresh seafood, have some tasty cocktails and celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.

After fighting this crappy disease, it will be so wonderful to reconnect, rekindle and once again celebrate our spirits!

Even being so far away, you will all still be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through your individual journeys.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Good fot you!!
    That sounds wonderful and well deserved! I hope you both have an absolute fantastic time! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I hope you both enjoy your
    I hope you both enjoy your well deserved vacation in paradise!! We're planning on taking our girls to Negril with us next year (we went just before I was diagnosed this summer for out 10th anniversary)
    Have fun, be romantic, eat & drink well, go on adventures, relax!!! So glad you're making this trip!!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    That sounds like an awesome
    That sounds like an awesome trip...Happy Anniversary to you both...have a great time Renee you deserve it!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    you and your hubby enjoy every minute in paradise! You both deserve it after the year you've had. My hubby and I were in Kuai in April and loved it. We flew to Hawaii and took a 7 day cruise. Fabulous! It was for our 35th anniversay. Happy 17th anniversary to you :-)
    Char
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    cahjah75 said:

you and your hubby enjoy every minute in paradise! You both deserve it after the year you've had. My hubby and I were in Kuai in April and loved it. We flew to Hawaii and took a 7 day cruise. Fabulous! It was for our 35th anniversay. Happy 17th anniversary to you :-)
    Char

Oh, your trip sounds lovely!
    Oh, your trip sounds lovely! Hope you have a great time, remember to drink lots of wine since i can't. You deserve it
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    meena1 said:

Oh, your trip sounds lovely!
    Oh, your trip sounds lovely! Hope you have a great time, remember to drink lots of wine since i can't. You deserve it

have a wonderful time!!!
    have a wonderful time!!! sounds fabulous!!!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Awesome Renee
    I hope you have yourself a spectacular time!!!

Take lots of pics to share :)

Sylvia
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    sea60 said:

Awesome Renee
    I hope you have yourself a spectacular time!!!

Take lots of pics to share :)

Sylvia

have a wonderful time and try to put all of this behind you
    And start LIVING AGAIN!!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Kauai
    Have a wonderful time! You deserve it! My husband and I spent a week there last winter - it was so great!
    Linda
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Enjoy every moment. Hubby
    Enjoy every moment. Hubby and I were there on our honeymoon 37 years ago. Enjoy a bit of paradise. bon voyage.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Have a wonderful time and
    Have a wonderful time and relax and enjoy!! We are with you every step of the way, so have an extra good time for all of us!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Have a wonderful time.
    Enjoy being together and have a very Happy Anniversary!

Hugs
    Georgia
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    ladyg said:

Have a wonderful time.
    Enjoy being together and have a very Happy Anniversary!

Hugs
    Georgia

Thank you so much
    all you wonderful pink ladies. I'm taking each of you with me--can you feel the spray of the ocean waves and taste the Mai Tai?

Hugs, Renee
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    How wonderful!
    Hope you have a great time! Leave this past year behind and celebrate every moment you have on your trip. Congratulations on your 17 year anniversary!! ♥♥♥♥♥

♥ Lynn ♥
  • Paradise trip
    Renee, how wonderful for you and your husband to be able to enjoy this time together. May you have many, many more anniversaries.

Enjoy the islands and take some pics.

Reese