Nip-date

SamuraiMom
SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

Lefty McNip seems to be staying put but still looks icky (blackish, purplish and bruises all around) She isn't bleeding as much as last time though so I'm hopeful.

I'm still very stressed over it all though not sure what will happen if this nipple doesn't work out a second time.

Things could be worse I know.

Righty's tattoo is looking great. She's healing nicely and starting to look more realistic as the skins peels. (yes it peels while it's healing, interesting, huh?)

Weird how the breast cancer side nipple is happy as a clam and the non-bc side is being a pain!

Love to you all!!

xxoo,

SamuraiMom

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I usually dont look on these
    I usually dont look on these Posts as I didnt have reconstruction. but sorry that it is still "iffy" hopefully just taking longer to heal!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Is the discoloration a
    Is the discoloration a normal thing? I'm not having reconstruction don't want the extra surgeries. Hope everything heals up for you. How long do the Dr's say it will be until you know? Your in my prayers as always Kay ..
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Is the discoloration a
    Is the discoloration a normal thing? I'm not having reconstruction don't want the extra surgeries. Hope everything heals up for you. How long do the Dr's say it will be until you know? Your in my prayers as always Kay ..

Jo Jo .. thanks for the posting ... I am sorry for all the
    pain .. Lefty seems to be causing .. I hope you are happy with these results, and heal quickly.

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    VickiSam said:

Jo Jo .. thanks for the posting ... I am sorry for all the
    pain .. Lefty seems to be causing .. I hope you are happy with these results, and heal quickly.

Vicki Sam

Wishing you
    and you nippy quick healing and stay up.
    Hugs
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Hope those nips of yours get
    Hope those nips of yours get on the same page soon Samurai mom!!! I have a kind of personal question to ask you, as I'm almost done with the expanders phase of my reconstruction and still struggling with how far I want to take the reconstruction. My question is: When you were beginning your nipple reconstruction, had you known that you'd be having problems with your one side, would you still opt for the nipple reconstruction? I know for sure that i'll be getting the areola tattooed, but i'm still on the fence about having nipple reconstruction done...i like the idea of not having to wear a bra...not having other procedures...my husband ,on the other hand, in his oh-so-graceful wording, wonders what he's "gonna have to tug on"...lol....keep in mind we're still in our 30's & crazy about each other in every way!
    thanks for sharing Samuraimom, i've followed your reconstruction phases since i've been on here & have been to your website several times!
    *hugs & hugs*
    heather
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Samuai Mom
    so sorry that your still recovery from "nips". This has been a long process and I hope it's over for you soon. Sending gentle {{hugs}}.
    Char