Benefit for Patricia Bonn (Irishwhispers)

tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Trish's family want this to be a special time to share stories, laugh, cry, and remember a woman who was a mother,grandmother, daughter, sister, and friend...mostly a friend. The money raised will be used to cover funeral home expenses and to set up a scholarship in her name. They have asked if they can use our words in the tribute that I wrote about her. Please let me know as soon as possible.
tj

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154490794568089&ref=ts

this is the link to info about the benefit

Comments

• Trishs_daught
    Trishs_daught Member Posts: 3
    the benefit
    I have read the kind words that were written here in rememberance of my mom, Trish aka Irish Whispers. Tomorrow I am bringing together a large group of people whose lives have been affected, either directly or indirectly, by mother having been on this earth. For those who will be there that never had the pleasure of knowing her, I would like to include your sentiments in the Benefit kick off speech that I have written. Please let me know how you all feel about this either by replying to this post or messaging me privately. Thank you so much, for being such a good group of people and support system for my mom.

Much love -

Melissa
  • pipwe1
    pipwe1 Member Posts: 53

the benefit
    I have read the kind words that were written here in rememberance of my mom, Trish aka Irish Whispers. Tomorrow I am bringing together a large group of people whose lives have been affected, either directly or indirectly, by mother having been on this earth. For those who will be there that never had the pleasure of knowing her, I would like to include your sentiments in the Benefit kick off speech that I have written. Please let me know how you all feel about this either by replying to this post or messaging me privately. Thank you so much, for being such a good group of people and support system for my mom.

Much love -

Melissa

Glad you joined Melissa,
    Glad you joined Melissa, wish I could be there tomorrow but will hopefully get to meet you in the near future. Wendy
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    pipwe1 said:

Glad you joined Melissa,
    Glad you joined Melissa, wish I could be there tomorrow but will hopefully get to meet you in the near future. Wendy

Thank you Trish. I live in
    Thank you Trish. I live in Tennessee so won't be there, but your mother's words warmed my heart and gave me courage and made me laugh on many occasions as I read her posts. She will be missed.
    Dee
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

the benefit

Much love -

Melissa

Yes, of course, Melissa...
    You may use of mine anything you choose. I live too far away; but, will certainly attend "in spirit" the benefit tomorrow for your beloved Mom - just as I attended her memorial services a few days ago. Keeping your Mom, you, and all of Trish's loved ones close in thought and close to my heart.

And I thank you, Melissa, for including us.

I know you've read many references to "peanut butter hugs & chocolate kisses"... "love you more than my luggage"... But, for me, personally - the everlasting gift IrishWhispers bestowed was the title of her own "Expressions" page here on this site: I Will Not Be Broken. Those five simple words forever imprinted upon me the very first time I read them. An inspirational mantra I've repeated to myself ever since, and always will, on my not-so-good days - forever grateful for them, forever grateful to your Mom. Which she knew.

Sending big, warm cyberhugs of comfort...

Susan xo
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Yes, of course, Melissa...
    You may use of mine anything you choose. I live too far away; but, will certainly attend "in spirit" the benefit tomorrow for your beloved Mom - just as I attended her memorial services a few days ago. Keeping your Mom, you, and all of Trish's loved ones close in thought and close to my heart.

And I thank you, Melissa, for including us.

I know you've read many references to "peanut butter hugs & chocolate kisses"... "love you more than my luggage"... But, for me, personally - the everlasting gift IrishWhispers bestowed was the title of her own "Expressions" page here on this site: I Will Not Be Broken. Those five simple words forever imprinted upon me the very first time I read them. An inspirational mantra I've repeated to myself ever since, and always will, on my not-so-good days - forever grateful for them, forever grateful to your Mom. Which she knew.

Sending big, warm cyberhugs of comfort...

Susan xo

I'm so very sorry to read this
    and very sorry for Irish whispers and her family. May God be with you all throughout this difficult time.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Mama G said:

I'm so very sorry to read this
    and very sorry for Irish whispers and her family. May God be with you all throughout this difficult time.

Melissa
    yes, i wish I could be there with you. We all part of a big family breast cancer sisters and I am sure everyone will be delighted to participate.
    Thank you for sharing your mother with us.
    With deepest sympathy,
    new Flower
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

the benefit

Much love -

Melissa

Bless your heart, sweet
    Bless your heart, sweet Melissa...though most of us cannot be there in person to honor your mom, it is obvious to you that she was much loved by the online community who considered her a friend of the closest order.
    We will all be there in spirit; if it feels extra crowded, just know it is all of us surrounding you with love and support~

Hugs,
    Chen♥