Psst......little gas issue

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OK, it has been almost 2 weeks since my last chemo. I have this little gas issue. Burping, for one. I sound like a truck driver (insult to truck drivers not intended). All day. My only hope is that it will get some of the air out of me and I will loose a couple sizes.

The second is gas from the other end. Not smelly, not loud, just puttering along. I could probably power my own car.

Is this somewhat normal?

Thanks,

Anonomyous

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Embarrassing, but true
    I had the same problem "anonymous"! Mostly from the southern end--not smelly, not loud, but long and steady! The way it was explained to me is that chemo changes the mucosal membranes (digestive system) and the gas just wants to keep getting out. I've been done with chemo since May 6th, and it is no longer a problem--gradually tapered off within a month of finishing chemo.

Good luck. Oh, by the way, didn't change my pants size a bit :(

Hugs, Renee
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    My
    first thought was to say "No" that is not normal, but all kidding aside, YES, that is normal! Just another wonderful side effect of the poison! What are you eating?
    ♥ Cat
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Snowkitty,
    You crack me up!!! Yeah, "Anonomyous" Uh-Huh...right.

I have gas issues and it's been 4 and a half years AFTER Chemo so I guess I can't blame it on the Chemo...

"Toot" a loo!!

Sylvia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sea60 said:

Snowkitty,
    You crack me up!!! Yeah, "Anonomyous" Uh-Huh...right.

I have gas issues and it's been 4 and a half years AFTER Chemo so I guess I can't blame it on the Chemo...

"Toot" a loo!!

Sylvia

ok I'll admit it, mine was
    ok I'll admit it, mine was very smelly. so much I couldnt stand it. however I had lots of digestive issues so that could be it. It was worse on AC than taxol but still pretty bad. Its always something!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Yup...
    Seems to be a pretty common complaint. I checked with my onc and they let me start taking Omeprazole (over the counter) before chemo which seemed to help. I stopped taking it as soon as everything settled down then started again before the next round. Gas-X also helped....
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Yup...
    Seems to be a pretty common complaint. I checked with my onc and they let me start taking Omeprazole (over the counter) before chemo which seemed to help. I stopped taking it as soon as everything settled down then started again before the next round. Gas-X also helped....

Yesterday
    Might be TMI but yesterday while working at home--thank god for that I thought I had to toot---I was totally wrong came out of me like water and had to throw another pair of undies in the trash and hop in the shower.

Margo

I know everything will soon pass but wasn't expecting to pass yesterday. LOL
    I did LMAO.
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394

Yesterday
    Might be TMI but yesterday while working at home--thank god for that I thought I had to toot---I was totally wrong came out of me like water and had to throw another pair of undies in the trash and hop in the shower.

Margo

I know everything will soon pass but wasn't expecting to pass yesterday. LOL
    I did LMAO.

Gas
    I think with the price of "gas" these days, we should just all be glad we have some!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Gas
    I think with the price of "gas" these days, we should just all be glad we have some!

It is funny but I get very
    It is funny but I get very embarrassed, this happens when I do Pilates thank goodness its with a friend, and now I am going back to work!!!!! I dont always know when its coming or cant control it as Ihad bum surgery. I wonder if the gasex will help? I will be horribly embarrassed!
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Me too!
    Yes embarrassing but what can ya do. Just walking sometimes makes it worse. Every morning when I roll over on the other side (left to rigth)- LOOK OUT!!!! not smelling just loud and mostly air. But I do feel lighter afterwards. :) I was told also that it's the chemo.
    So glad we can share this - seriously, who else understands but those of us that are and have gone through it.
    Love, Kelly