Elizabeth Edwards On Nate Berkus show

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just saw The nate Berkus show . Elizabeth Edwards was talking about losing her son, her divorce, and breast cancer. She had a wonderful quote, that I just love "ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, thats how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen. It really touched me. I admire her honesty about her life and illness. I also liked how she said "when you are going through a terrible time it is important to have things around you that give you pleasure" I have been feeling guilty because i have been allowing myself, some simple pleasures. I unconciously love soft fabrics, and pretty things. and although i am not out spending a million dollars, I spend more than I used to, but it does give me pleasure to do this for myself. The soft fabrics feel like a salve on my sometimes stretched too tight nerves. Anyway i hope this makes sense.

Comments

24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    I am thinkin
    I have seen her a few times and wonder if she isn't the one who should have been running in the presidential race. I think her honesty is what I admire the most.
    thanks for the quote

Tara
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    I am thinkin
    I have seen her a few times and wonder if she isn't the one who should have been running in the presidential race. I think her honesty is what I admire the most.
    thanks for the quote

Tara
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Elizabeth Edwards
    Oh dang, I missed it I really wanted to see her. I read her book "Saving Graces" before I was diagnosed. She is a remarkable woman considering all she has had to endure. Maybe I can catch the episode on the net. I know what you mean about taking pleasure in simple things, I love a particular blanket of mine. And I know it sounds insane but my cat seems softer and more cuddlely. Perhaps its because I now take the time to notice things more. Love Surf
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Elizabeth Edwards is such an
    Elizabeth Edwards is such an amazing person. I read an interview about her and was taken by her strength and class. I would like to read her book. Thanks for the share.
    BL
  • carkris

Elizabeth Edwards is such an amazing person. I read an interview about her and was taken by her strength and class. I would like to read her book. Thanks for the share.
    BL

She has a new book called
    She has a new book called resilience or resiliency. i think thats where the quote came from. She is now on a chemo that makes her lose her hair she is going through so much.
  • carkris

BL

She has a new book called resilience or resiliency. i think thats where the quote came from. She is now on a chemo that makes her lose her hair she is going through so much.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    carkris said:

She's some strong woman!
    I taped it and watched it after work. She looks and sounds great. I wish her many more healthy years.

Roseann
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

I have been laying low this week, after catching
    a good morning american interview with Nancy Koomen, Susan G. Koomen's surviving sister and the brains behind .. Susan G. Koomen ... very interesting interview ... and the only thing I remember, lost sleep over this past week is the fact that she stated .. 1 person (ususally a women) dies every 69 seconds from Breast Cancer .. 9/13/10 -- here in our 21st Century... Nancy Koomen and her committment for us Warriors fighting breast cancer ... Wow's me ... no these half wit, Elizabeth Edwards.. and Yes I know E. Edwards story ... more than she would like me to!

I've seen many interviews with Elizabeth Edwards, and I am conflicted -- first by the fact she lied to many americans for her husband John, and the fact that she did slap him out like a new cement driveway years ago ... for his continued and many adulterous affairs. Only when he fathers a child with that Hunter women, does she finally come clean after backing his right hand man who stated claim to fathering that poor innocent little girl .. and knowing that his policital career was coming to a quick close ... did she finally do the right thing ... So yes, I feel for her and her fight for life .. I just wish she would of be honest and forth right many years ago .. and did fore go doing the right thing and putting herself, her health and children first ... she chose her husband and his politics.

My humble opinion ..

Vicki Sam
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    VickiSam said:

I have been laying low this week, after catching
    a good morning american interview with Nancy Koomen, Susan G. Koomen's surviving sister and the brains behind .. Susan G. Koomen ... very interesting interview ... and the only thing I remember, lost sleep over this past week is the fact that she stated .. 1 person (ususally a women) dies every 69 seconds from Breast Cancer .. 9/13/10 -- here in our 21st Century... Nancy Koomen and her committment for us Warriors fighting breast cancer ... Wow's me ... no these half wit, Elizabeth Edwards.. and Yes I know E. Edwards story ... more than she would like me to!

I've seen many interviews with Elizabeth Edwards, and I am conflicted -- first by the fact she lied to many americans for her husband John, and the fact that she did slap him out like a new cement driveway years ago ... for his continued and many adulterous affairs. Only when he fathers a child with that Hunter women, does she finally come clean after backing his right hand man who stated claim to fathering that poor innocent little girl .. and knowing that his policital career was coming to a quick close ... did she finally do the right thing ... So yes, I feel for her and her fight for life .. I just wish she would of be honest and forth right many years ago .. and did fore go doing the right thing and putting herself, her health and children first ... she chose her husband and his politics.

My humble opinion ..

Vicki Sam

until you've walked in that person's shoes.....
    Who knows why she did what she did, but you have to admire her for what she's been through and how well she's handling it NOW!