Chemo on Monday with Neulasta inj.

Huskymac
Huskymac Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
How long does this leg pain last from the neulasta shot? Ouch!

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Can't say - I didn't have
    Can't say - I didn't have any pain from it. Just put me to sleep 2 hrs after injection for about 2 hrs.

Susan
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Couple of days for me
    I also had some bone pain from the Neulasta shot, mostly in my legs, too -- it never lasted more than a couple of days for me. Mine was mild enough that a couple of Advil helped if I needed it.

Have you talked with your doctor about maybe next time trying Claritin beforehand to help with the Neulasta pain?

Traci
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Neulasta
    Don't want to hear my story. lol My shots were'nt that bad in the beginning, but as time went on hit my spine badly. My head would actually jerk cause of the "spasms". They felt as if my actual bones were having spasms. Course bones dont spasm, but thats what it felt like. Advil helped. I think I overdosed on Neulasta, WBC's were 75,000. Norm is I think 4-5000. That could have been the reason I hurt so bad. Try advil or some other anti imflammatory. Katz
  • heartwings
    heartwings Member Posts: 3
    leg pain
    My doctor had me take Claritin (2) a day starting a few days before chemo and also to take advil as recommended on the bottle (every 4-6 hours). This made the difference by the time I had my second chemo. I also was told to take the nausia meds on a regular schedule. When I put all of that into my daily routine I felt better and had less side effects.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

leg pain
    My doctor had me take Claritin (2) a day starting a few days before chemo and also to take advil as recommended on the bottle (every 4-6 hours). This made the difference by the time I had my second chemo. I also was told to take the nausia meds on a regular schedule. When I put all of that into my daily routine I felt better and had less side effects.

Totally agree, heartwings
    (and welcome, by the way, to our little board! :-)

I was fortunate that the pain from the Neulasta was relatively mild for me, so I didn't need the Claritin -- but I totally agree that the key to making chemo do-able for most of us is really keeping on top of the meds.

I was a walking pharmacy by the time I finished chemo -- but it sure beat the alternative!

Traci
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    TraciInLA said:

Totally agree, heartwings
    (and welcome, by the way, to our little board! :-)

I was fortunate that the pain from the Neulasta was relatively mild for me, so I didn't need the Claritin -- but I totally agree that the key to making chemo do-able for most of us is really keeping on top of the meds.

I was a walking pharmacy by the time I finished chemo -- but it sure beat the alternative!

Traci

I thought the pain was
    I thought the pain was pretty bad here, lasted about 2 days, then ached for about a day or 2. It was in my thigh area, i know one day i was sitting in the car for a while (as a passenger) and when i went to get out, i had shooting pain up my thighs and legs almost buckled. That only happened the one time. I also had back and neck pain. Seemed to hit me hard, but that may be because i have bone mets.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Huskymac
    I get my Neulasta shot on Wednesday. By Friday afternoon I start to get really tired and have the aches all weekend and usually sleep a lot! Because I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis I'm on a prescription for arthritis. I also take Flexeril when needed to sleep. To get me through the weekend I take a couple of extra strength Tylenol. It affects me across the back of the shoulders and neck, my legs and lower back. I also suffer from lumbar spinal stenosis. On a positive note by Monday I feel almost back to normal.
    {{hugs}} Char