Got my first haircut

sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Although my hair fell out after my first chemo in 3 weeks I had little white hairs all over my head.I finished chemo the end of April and had my mastecomy May 26th. Now I am on Avastin which doesn't effect hair. Lots of black hair has grown in so I am going to be salt and pepper and I really like it.

Went to my stylist yeaterday and got a trim and an actually style. No more man hair! Woohoo!

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    wahoo! great progress upon
    wahoo! great progress upon the road to getting back to you !
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Good for you!
    Feels good doesn't it??!! Congrats!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    pattimc said:

Good for you!
    Feels good doesn't it??!! Congrats!

Normally, I hate going to the hair salon
    Right now, I can't wait! Finished chemo May 6th, so I have sort of a man's "brush cut" right now. It goes every which way--there's no taming it. Can't wait till it grows out a little more so I can have some type of style done to it.

Glad you've got a hairstyle again!

Hugs, Renee
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

wahoo! great progress upon
    wahoo! great progress upon the road to getting back to you !

Congrats on the new hair! I
    Congrats on the new hair! I bet you look great!

Hugs, Angie
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    yea..there is hope!
    I finished chemo mid-July and am just starting to get some "mouse fuzz" on my head. I keep wondering if it will ever start to grow back so it is good to read posts that it actually WILL!! Thank you!!!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    How nice. Mines is starting
    How nice. Mines is starting to get a little longer so I can do some kind of a style. It does feel good to have some kind of girly hair again.

Lupe
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    missrenee said:

Normally, I hate going to the hair salon
    Right now, I can't wait! Finished chemo May 6th, so I have sort of a man's "brush cut" right now. It goes every which way--there's no taming it. Can't wait till it grows out a little more so I can have some type of style done to it.

Glad you've got a hairstyle again!

Hugs, Renee

How great! Congrats!
    Hugs,

How great! Congrats!

Hugs, Jan
  • pattic
    pattic Member Posts: 23
    Congrats!!
    I can't wait until its my turn! Not that I'm complaining - I have a full head of hair again. Came in salt and pepper, but very wavy. My old hair was stick straight, so I am enjoying gelling it and just scrunching it. Only just recently does it look like I may have actually meant to have this hairstyle, so Hip-hip-hurray for little bits of progress!