mouth pain

kit kat
kit kat Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished my 5th round of chemo wed the 8th.One to go, I hope I make it. I have numbness in my left cheek. I had it with #4. Also my metal mouth got worse. Does anyone have these problems? Sometimes I feel this whole thing is not worth it.I cried all day. Thank you

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hang in there, Kitkat
    You're almost there--only one left. You can make it. My gums were very tender and the horrible taste was there too. Everything (even water) tasted like crap. I finished 6 rounds of TAC on May 6th. The aches and pains sucked as did the general awful feeling.

But---if I've killed that beast--it's all worth it and it will be for you too. Hope you are able to dry those tears, stand up straight and tall, pump those fists and fight like the pink warrior you are. We'll all be standing right behind you, cheering you on.

Hugs and prayers.

Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    one more round to go
    One more round to go seems like the time alot of us decide we just can't do it anymore. The metal mouth will get better. Have you tried using plastic ware instead of regular silverware? Also, get some biotene from your doc or dentist, you may even be able to get it over the counter at the drug store.
    You're so close to being finished; you CAN do this. We're here waiting for you.

marge
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

one more round to go
    One more round to go seems like the time alot of us decide we just can't do it anymore. The metal mouth will get better. Have you tried using plastic ware instead of regular silverware? Also, get some biotene from your doc or dentist, you may even be able to get it over the counter at the drug store.
    You're so close to being finished; you CAN do this. We're here waiting for you.

marge

I had many GI problems and
    I had many GI problems and just couldnt imagine getting through it but I did, and You will too!!!!!!Just ONE more!
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    try "biotene" , Kit Kat
    You can get it at Walgreens and it comes in toothpaste, mouthwash, and gum. It helps to get your mouth regulated sooner. Helped me a bunch!! Good Luck and hang in...you are almost through that nasty stuff!!