Just diagnosed with triple negative

renee1822
renee1822 Member Posts: 33
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm not quite sure what to expect. I already had the lump removed and now I will be starting chemo and radiation. I have been so numb from all of this and really could use some support from other wonderful women with the same. Really scared right now!!

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    My cancer was estrogen receptive.
    A friend of mine had triple neg 7 years ago. She is now cancer free and doing great.

Roseann
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    You've come to the right place
    I'm neither wonderful nor a woman, but my beloved Moopy is both. In November 2008 Moopy was diagnosed with Stage IIIa TNBC and had a modified radical mastectomy. She had 6 rounds of Taxotere/Adriamycin/Cytoxan followed by 35 radiation treatments, which ended in August 2009. We are coming up on the two year mark and I am pleased to say that Moopy is alive and well and strong and driving me berserk with honey-dos, her incessant chattering, and the random ear-splitting noises she loves to cause. I get mad from time to time, but it never takes me long to remember that this is exactly what I have been praying for the entire time.

So if you have questions, please ask. If you have something to vent about, please vent. All anyone here asks is that you just keep in touch. And do NOT do any random googling about triple negative breast cancer. 85% of what is out there is either cr@p, obsolete, or both. Better off to visit the Johns Hopkins site, the Mayo site, TNBC.org, the Positives About Negative blog, or just type "triple negative" into the search box on this discussion site.

Best and God Bless,
    Joe
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Aortus said:

I'm neither wonderful nor a woman, but my beloved Moopy is both. In November 2008 Moopy was diagnosed with Stage IIIa TNBC and had a modified radical mastectomy. She had 6 rounds of Taxotere/Adriamycin/Cytoxan followed by 35 radiation treatments, which ended in August 2009. We are coming up on the two year mark and I am pleased to say that Moopy is alive and well and strong and driving me berserk with honey-dos, her incessant chattering, and the random ear-splitting noises she loves to cause. I get mad from time to time, but it never takes me long to remember that this is exactly what I have been praying for the entire time.

So if you have questions, please ask. If you have something to vent about, please vent. All anyone here asks is that you just keep in touch. And do NOT do any random googling about triple negative breast cancer. 85% of what is out there is either cr@p, obsolete, or both. Better off to visit the Johns Hopkins site, the Mayo site, TNBC.org, the Positives About Negative blog, or just type "triple negative" into the search box on this discussion site.

Best and God Bless,
    Joe

me too
    Diagnosed 10.09 stage 3 large tumor on breast and one swollen lymph node. Oncologist was wonderful said death was not an option for me. 4 rounds of tac, 4 rounds ACT then a double mastecomy, now doing 10 rounds of avastin. As they say chemo is doable just not any fun!
  • renee1822
    Aortus said:

Best and God Bless,
    Joe

Thank you sooooo much
    I was told I had stage II, I could hardly believe it I'm only 41 and they are telling me this. I will be spending my birthday Friday getting my first chemo treatment (not sure what meds yet). I had 4 lymph nodes removed all came back negative and they actually did a second surgery to remove more clear margin. I'm alittle nervouse because I also have rheumatoid arthiritis (when your immune system attacks your joints) that was diagnosed when I was 26 and this past year they have been trying to get my platelets up because now my immune system is attacking them, I certainly hope my team of doctors have a plan luckly I was seeing a hemotologist for the platelets and he is also a oncolgist. I think I have long road ahead.
    I'm so glad your wife is doing great and continues to do so, she sounds like a wonderful person. Thank you for all the words I needed to hear, thank god for this site. I will be in touch..
    God Bless
    Darlene
  • renee1822
    roseann4 said:

My cancer was estrogen receptive.
    A friend of mine had triple neg 7 years ago. She is now cancer free and doing great.

Roseann

Thank you
    Thank you for sharing it's encouraging to hear news like this. The best to both of you.
    Darlene
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    renee1822 said:

Thank you
    Thank you for sharing it's encouraging to hear news like this. The best to both of you.
    Darlene

Just offering you prayers
    Just offering you prayers and all of the support I can give you renee!

Hugs, Leeza
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    renee1822 said:

Thank you sooooo much
    I was told I had stage II, I could hardly believe it I'm only 41 and they are telling me this. I will be spending my birthday Friday getting my first chemo treatment (not sure what meds yet). I had 4 lymph nodes removed all came back negative and they actually did a second surgery to remove more clear margin. I'm alittle nervouse because I also have rheumatoid arthiritis (when your immune system attacks your joints) that was diagnosed when I was 26 and this past year they have been trying to get my platelets up because now my immune system is attacking them, I certainly hope my team of doctors have a plan luckly I was seeing a hemotologist for the platelets and he is also a oncolgist. I think I have long road ahead.
    I'm so glad your wife is doing great and continues to do so, she sounds like a wonderful person. Thank you for all the words I needed to hear, thank god for this site. I will be in touch..
    God Bless
    Darlene

welcome
    Hi Renee, I was dxed with TNBC stage 2 in June of 09. I had bilat mast. immediatley and then did 4 rounds fo AC and 4 of taxol. I also had tram-flap recon last January. I am still recovering in many ways, but I am very grateful for the excellent care I received and for the support of woman here. It is a scary dx especially at first, but there are a number of woman here who have received the same dx and we are all here for each other when needed. It will be a long year but whats a year campared to the rest of your life. I'll look forward to hearing how you are doing.
    God Bless,
    Alison
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Hi Renee
    Cancer is a scary

Hi Renee
    Cancer is a scary thing...but we are fighters and we can get thru this...it sounds like we are about the same age...i had a lumpectomy then a mastectomy then implants and inbetween chemo. Stage II, estrogen receptive.
    Everyone is different in their experience and all we can do is share our experiences.
    This is a great site...so welcome to the board!
  • renee1822
    jnl said:

Just offering you prayers
    Just offering you prayers and all of the support I can give you renee!

Hugs, Leeza

Thank you
    Thank you Leeza,for all your prayers and support. I made past my first chemo and still feeling ok.
    Hugs to you,
    renee
  • renee1822

welcome
    Hi Renee, I was dxed with TNBC stage 2 in June of 09. I had bilat mast. immediatley and then did 4 rounds fo AC and 4 of taxol. I also had tram-flap recon last January. I am still recovering in many ways, but I am very grateful for the excellent care I received and for the support of woman here. It is a scary dx especially at first, but there are a number of woman here who have received the same dx and we are all here for each other when needed. It will be a long year but whats a year campared to the rest of your life. I'll look forward to hearing how you are doing.
    God Bless,
    Alison

Thank you
    I had my first chemo on Friday, so far so good. I'm also getting the rounds of 4 AC and 4 Taxol. I'm so glad I found this site because I was feeling down about everything and just hearing from so many on here made me realize "hey" we can get thru this on we will.

Hugs,
    Renee
  • renee1822
    jo jo said:

Hi Renee
    Cancer is a scary

Hi Renee
    Cancer is a scary thing...but we are fighters and we can get thru this...it sounds like we are about the same age...i had a lumpectomy then a mastectomy then implants and inbetween chemo. Stage II, estrogen receptive.
    Everyone is different in their experience and all we can do is share our experiences.
    This is a great site...so welcome to the board!

Glad to be here
    Thank you JoJo, Cancer is very scary and I know we will all get thru it. Sounds like you have been thru alot more then me. I'm thankful for this site because everyone on here is here for the same reason "strength in numbers". Glad to be here!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hi renee,
    Welcome. I was diagnosed triple negative stage II, November 2008 (actually the same day as Moopy, who you just heard about). We had the same treatment, and almost 2 years later I am also alive and well and causing my husband great annoyance. :). You will get through this. I was 34 at diagnosis, 36 now and looking forward to growing older. You can also visit www.youngsurvival.org. There are many triple negative sisters on that site too and lots of support/information as well. Glad you found us.

Mimi
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    renee1822 said:

Thank you sooooo much
    God Bless
    Darlene

Wow we are similar
    Hi I just turned 44 on Sept 1st. I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on July 5th. I had my first chemo the day after my birthday. Like you, I also have arthritis but mine is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I also have a thyroid condition. I had 2 surgeries (the first was a lumpectomy and the second was a sentinel lymph node biopsy and a partial mastectomy to get better margins.)
    I am scheduled for 6 rounds of chemo (TC) and then radiation. I was taking the Neulasta injection but after having extreme bone pain after the first round, my doctor has suggested that I skip it this time.
    I wish you the all the best!
  • webbwife50
    renee1822 said:

Thank you
    I had my first chemo on Friday, so far so good. I'm also getting the rounds of 4 AC and 4 Taxol. I'm so glad I found this site because I was feeling down about everything and just hearing from so many on here made me realize "hey" we can get thru this on we will.

Hugs,
    Renee

Yes you can!!
    The whole thing is mind-bending in the beginning. "Your going to do what?" is what I'd think to myself after my first appt. with the onc surgeon. It is a life changing dx in many ways. I see myself in a different light now. I am a survivor, I am brave and full of courage, I am a blessing to those who choose to be in my life! And so are you!!
    God Bless, glad to hear your first chemo is going OK.
    God Bless,
    Alison
  • webbwife50

Wow we are similar
    Hi I just turned 44 on Sept 1st. I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer on July 5th. I had my first chemo the day after my birthday. Like you, I also have arthritis but mine is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I also have a thyroid condition. I had 2 surgeries (the first was a lumpectomy and the second was a sentinel lymph node biopsy and a partial mastectomy to get better margins.)
    I am scheduled for 6 rounds of chemo (TC) and then radiation. I was taking the Neulasta injection but after having extreme bone pain after the first round, my doctor has suggested that I skip it this time.
    I wish you the all the best!

Very Interesting!
    I am a tnbc survivor, l yr. as of June since my dx. I too have been told I have arthritis. Its in my neck and very painful since treatment. I just thought it was interesting that we all have tnbc and a form of arthritis. I'll have to mention it to my onc.
    Thanks
  • renee1822
    mimivac said:

Hi renee,
    Welcome. I was diagnosed triple negative stage II, November 2008 (actually the same day as Moopy, who you just heard about). We had the same treatment, and almost 2 years later I am also alive and well and causing my husband great annoyance. :). You will get through this. I was 34 at diagnosis, 36 now and looking forward to growing older. You can also visit www.youngsurvival.org. There are many triple negative sisters on that site too and lots of support/information as well. Glad you found us.

Mimi

You look great
    Wow, I never would have guessed you went thru this too. Hope everything goes well for you. I'm sure glad I found this site and thank you for the info.

Darlene
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123

Very Interesting!
    I am a tnbc survivor, l yr. as of June since my dx. I too have been told I have arthritis. Its in my neck and very painful since treatment. I just thought it was interesting that we all have tnbc and a form of arthritis. I'll have to mention it to my onc.
    Thanks

Wow
    First thing - congrats on your 1 year status! You're right it is interesting (re arthritis and TNBC). I'd be interested to hear if your onc has an opinion on the matter.