Iran Hostage

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Shourd's mother, Nora, told AFP last month that her daughter was being held in solitary confinement and denied medical treatment despite suffering from a pre-cancerous cervical condition, a lump in her breast and depression. Her lawyer, Masoud Shafii, today told CNN that Shourd could be released from Tehran's infamous Evin prison in the next day or two. She would then be free to leave the country.
I am praying for her. Penny

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    $500,000 'Bail'
    The latest I heard on TV is that they are now saying that they will release her on $500,000 'bail'.

Shows what a 'humane' society they are. (Yes I am being sarcastic!)
  • carkris
    Rague said:

$500,000 'Bail'
    The latest I heard on TV is that they are now saying that they will release her on $500,000 'bail'.

Shows what a 'humane' society they are. (Yes I am being sarcastic!)

Its all nuts I know, we
    Its all nuts I know, we need to get those kids out.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    carkris said:

Its all nuts I know, we
    Its all nuts I know, we need to get those kids out.

I can't imagine the pain of having a child held hostage.
    I pray for the parents and the hostages. Life can be unfair as we all know so well.

Roseann
  • carkris
    roseann4 said:

I can't imagine the pain of having a child held hostage.
    I pray for the parents and the hostages. Life can be unfair as we all know so well.

Roseann

I am worried with that lump
    I am worried with that lump and her being so young that if it is cancer she is losing valuable time!
  • carkris
    carkris said:

I am worried with that lump
    I am worried with that lump and her being so young that if it is cancer she is losing valuable time!

Press TV, the country's
    Press TV, the country's official English-language news service, today announced that Shourd had been handed over to the Swiss Embassy in Tehran, which represents U.S. interests in the country. The news channel said the 32-year-old was freed on a bail of $500,000, and -- according to an unnamed Swiss diplomat -- was expected to fly home in a few hours.

yay hoping she remains healthy!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Yes...here's hoping
    Yes...here's hoping everything is benign or at the very least early, curable stage. And yet~ the 2 young men are still being held hostage. I hope they too come home SOON.

Let me just say~ sheesh! I was an adventurous young woman, and still have spunk and determination~ but it has NEVER crossed my mind to hike in Iraq, or anywhere near the Iranian border where I might just accidently wander in to a US hostile country! YIKES!!!!!

So, kids~ being as you three obviously like the outdoors and walking so much once you're out, come do some 10Ks and half marathons with me in beautiful California Wine Country!!!! Or join the sisterhood here in the Relay For Life, or a Lance Armstrong Challenge! Put those strong legs and energy where it will be appreciated, and not filled with so much potential danger!!!!!

Hugs and Peace,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    chenheart said:

Yes...here's hoping
    Yes...here's hoping everything is benign or at the very least early, curable stage. And yet~ the 2 young men are still being held hostage. I hope they too come home SOON.

Let me just say~ sheesh! I was an adventurous young woman, and still have spunk and determination~ but it has NEVER crossed my mind to hike in Iraq, or anywhere near the Iranian border where I might just accidently wander in to a US hostile country! YIKES!!!!!

So, kids~ being as you three obviously like the outdoors and walking so much once you're out, come do some 10Ks and half marathons with me in beautiful California Wine Country!!!! Or join the sisterhood here in the Relay For Life, or a Lance Armstrong Challenge! Put those strong legs and energy where it will be appreciated, and not filled with so much potential danger!!!!!

Hugs and Peace,
    Chen♥

Amen!

Amen!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    chenheart said:

Yes...here's hoping

Hugs and Peace,
    Chen♥

hoping
    I'm hoping for the release of all three! Also wishing good things for the health of the young woman.
    MM