LGFB volunteer training class tonight!

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am going to be a volunteer for the Look Good Feel Better Program! There is a 4 hour training tonight and I am so excited! I attended a class at a time when I needed it the most-my eyelashes and eyebrows had fallen out and I was not feeling very attractive to say the least. That was last October. The ladies who ran the class were wonderful. I took home my bag full of cosmetics, a new hat and a good feeling about this program. I knew I wanted to do this. I feel honored to be able to assist with such an important program and am so grateful to the American Cancer Society for this program, this board and all of the other wonderful things they do for all of us.

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Good for you, Edna. You
    Good for you, Edna. You make us proud! xoxoxo Lynn
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Edna,
    That is wonderful. It feels so good to give back. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Jean
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Edna,
    That is wonderful. It feels so good to give back. Let us know how it goes. Hugs, Jean

That is wonderful. Volunteering js so satisfying!
    And for such a great cause. Unfortunately I was too sick during chemo to leave the house except for the doctor and then after as Iwas feeling better I felt it was too late to go but my onc said it was so wonderful and I felt bad I missed going.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    lynn1950 said:

Good for you, Edna. You
    Good for you, Edna. You make us proud! xoxoxo Lynn

This is great Elm! I bet
    This is great Elm! I bet you will really enjoy it!

Hugs, Angie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Wonderful!
    I, too, attended an ACS LGFB program just after beginning chemo. Thought it was wonderful, and very helpful. And everyone involved was even more wonderful - as you will be, too, Elm!

Kind regards, Susan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Wonderful!
    I, too, attended an ACS LGFB program just after beginning chemo. Thought it was wonderful, and very helpful. And everyone involved was even more wonderful - as you will be, too, Elm!

Kind regards, Susan

Edna
    good news! Helping others who are going through Chemo will be very satisfactory experience. Congratulations!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    LGFB training
    The class was fun. I met some great people and really enjoyed it! I think each person attending has alot to offer. The facilitator was a 15 year survivor and one of the other volunteers was a 12 year survivor. A woman who just finished RADS today was the model. The facilitator did a demonstration on her. We are asked to sit in on a class to observe before being assigned, but I have already been asked to volunteer at the Mayo Clinic! The director wil be contacting me with details. I am really excited and can not wait to begin!
  • cocarolyn
    cocarolyn Member Posts: 7
    LGFB
    I'm a recent LGFB volunteer and I love it. As a bc survivor you will have so much to give because you have "walked in their shoes." I've had LGFB clients from age 19 to 80+....all with their own story and many different types of cancer. The majority of the clients are bc patients. It is such an honor to assist these women and help them to look good and feel better. I know I have the gift of survivorship and encouragement that they can get thru treatment this just as I did. I have cried with clients when they talk about the fear of losing their hair. I always tell them I was more concerned about losing my hair than my breasts. It is a wonderful program and it such a great way of giving back. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.....
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    cocarolyn said:

LGFB
    I'm a recent LGFB volunteer and I love it. As a bc survivor you will have so much to give because you have "walked in their shoes." I've had LGFB clients from age 19 to 80+....all with their own story and many different types of cancer. The majority of the clients are bc patients. It is such an honor to assist these women and help them to look good and feel better. I know I have the gift of survivorship and encouragement that they can get thru treatment this just as I did. I have cried with clients when they talk about the fear of losing their hair. I always tell them I was more concerned about losing my hair than my breasts. It is a wonderful program and it such a great way of giving back. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.....

This is so generous and kind
    This is so generous and kind of you Elm! Thank you for doing it for all of our sisters in pink. I hope you enjoy it and have lots of fun.

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

This is so generous and kind
    This is so generous and kind of you Elm! Thank you for doing it for all of our sisters in pink. I hope you enjoy it and have lots of fun.

Sue :)

Way to go .. and celebrate life after breast cancer
    Elm .. wishing you the very best, Warrior sister!

Vicki Sam
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    VickiSam said:

Way to go .. and celebrate life after breast cancer
    Elm .. wishing you the very best, Warrior sister!

Vicki Sam

This is wonderful Elm! This
    This is wonderful Elm! This class has helped so many and it is so important!

So, thanks!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    susie09 said:

This is wonderful Elm! This
    This is wonderful Elm! This class has helped so many and it is so important!

So, thanks!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Edna glad
    you enjoyed the LGFB program training. I attended a LGFB class on Tuesday and it was very informative. The products were amazing. The ACS also were giving away wigs for anyone who wanted one. Truly a wonderful program in helping us feel better about ourselves.
    Char