Including mom in our Pink Sisterhood

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good Morning everyone :)
I hope it's not inappropriate for me to be asking something like this, so if it is, I'm sorry ahead of time - I'm just thinking of ways I can help lift my mom's spirits.
As you probably all know, my mom was recently disgnosed with breast cancer about 2 months after my own diagnosis. She had her lumpectomy last Friday with sentinal node biopsy, out of the 3 sentinal nodes removed for biopsy, one of them had cancer in it, so they removed all the lymph nodes from her armpit area. I'm halfway through my chemo treatment & reconstruction, and mom goes to see the oncologist this Thursday to find out her chemo schedule & get the pathology from her lumpectomy. My mom has severe arthritis & a debilitating spinal disease (i dont know the name of it -spondi something-or-other i think), and has limited movement & alot of pain, so I was worried how she would handle her diagnosis. Of course, I should not have doubted the woman for a second -this amazing strength I have found in myself through all this comes directly from my mom. Her spirits are well, she's ready to get moving with treatment & is staying positive. I tell her all the time about the women on this board, about some of your stories & posts, some of the replies I've gotten on some of my posts. I've let her know that she had women all over the country asking about her & praying for her from the beginning of her breast cancer journey. She's amazed at this unique "sisterhood" that we have here. Well, I want to include her in this. The problem? My mom is NOT internet savvy. In fact, she plain doesn't get on their computer. My parents have a PC that she doesn't get on. Their desk set-up is just not very comfortable for her & she really just doesn't "get into" computers.
What I was wondering is, would any of you mind sending a card or note in the mail to my mom? I have a great support system of friends & family, but my mom doesn't really. Of course myself & my family, and her brother & sister in law have been involved with her, but that's about it. I thought if she got a card or 2 in the mail it would be very encouraging for her, maybe even get her into the idea of logging onto this site & chcecking in every day or so. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, message me and I can send you her address information. Again, sorry if this is inappropriate to ask on here. I just want to include mom in our sisterhood and lift her spirits & thought I'd see if any of you would be interested in helping me do that :)
thanks ahead of time & *hugs hugs* to you all...i don't know how i would be handling everything i'm going through had it not been for all of you!
*love & hugs*
Heather

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Happy to
    I sent you a PM.

xo
    Victoria
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Heather,
    I would love to send your Mom a card. Please pm her address either here or on facebook. Let her know we are all praying for her in the mean time. Hugs, Jean
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Heather,
    I would love to send your Mom a card. Please pm her address either here or on facebook. Let her know we are all praying for her in the mean time. Hugs, Jean

I would love to send your
    I would love to send your Mom a card. I will PM you or you can PM me with her address God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Count me In!
    PM her info to me - I would love to send her a card! What a thoughtful thing to do!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    If I can figure
    out how to pm you, I will. If you don't hear from me, it'll mean I'm not smarter than the software, so please pm me.

How sweet that you would think to do this for your mom.

Let us know how things are going for her.

marge
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Yes!
    Heather, I'd love to send a card or two to your mom; my mom's gone now and I miss dropping a note in the mail for her. I've forgotten how to PM you, so please send mom's address info to me. Such a nice idea from a loving daughter!
    -Barb
  • kickie
    kickie Member Posts: 85
    Count me in too
    just pm and cards will be on the way.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    what a thoughful daughter you are!
    I would love to send your mom a card or two (or three or four). pm me on FB or here and I will be happy to send her some happy mail. I have a friend from the company where I used to work that is a survivor, she has been incredibly supportive since she heard about my diagnosis (my photo is the luminary her family got in my honor) she sends me little cards and gifts and it totally makes my day.
  • roseyposey333
    roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
    what a great idea Heather
    Not sure how to get her address but I would love to send a note to your mom. She sounds like an awesome lady just like her daughter. What a great support system you have in each other.
    Let me know how to get her address and I will be on it!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Heather,

What a wonderful daughter
    What a wonderful daughter you are Heather!

Hugs, Megan
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    What a great idea!
    I'd love to help lift your mom's spirit, will be
    waiting to hear from you Heather.

Ayse