So much excitement!!!!

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's been a busy weekend. Two separate baby showers for my son and daughter-in-law who are expecting my Granddaughter the end of October. My first grandchild, I am so excited! So much excitement for me, that I'm kind of worn out today. At yesterday's shower, a dear friend of mine gave my new Granddaughter a onesie that said "MY GRANDMA WAS SO BRAVE GOD MADE HER AN ANGEL". Needless to say, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I have posted a picture of it under my Expressions page if you would like to see it. It was adorable.

Also, treated myself today to a manicure & pedicure, the first since May. It's been a long summer. It felt so good. Hugs, Jean

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    So good to hear you're having some fun
    and pampering yourself, Jean. Many congratulations on the new grandbaby. Can't wait to have one of those myself!

Hugs, Renee
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Soooo happy for you Jean,
    How exiting is having your first grandchild. You will be a awesome Grad Mommy. Can't wait to see pics when she gets here. I bet she is beautiful like gramma. Take care Kay
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Congrats Jean!
    You're gonna LOVE being a Grandma!! I just adore my sweet grandson.

Have fun!!

Sylvia
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    sea60 said:

Congrats Jean!

Have fun!!

Sylvia

Congrats!
    Jean, You're going to love being a grandma! I'm expecting my third grandaughter in December - what a great Christmas present! Having grandkids is the absolute best thing ever and the joy they bring into you life is priceless!!!!

Hugs, Sally
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    sea60 said:

Congrats Jean!

Have fun!!

Sylvia

Grandkids are the best!! I
    Grandkids are the best!! I am so happy for you, I have 3 and they are true blessings from God. I had my lumpectomy on Mar.22nd grandson #2 was born on Mar.27th and first granddaughter on Apr. 8th We had 3 really busy fun filled weeks! Have fun! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Grandkids are the best!! I
    Grandkids are the best!! I am so happy for you, I have 3 and they are true blessings from God. I had my lumpectomy on Mar.22nd grandson #2 was born on Mar.27th and first granddaughter on Apr. 8th We had 3 really busy fun filled weeks! Have fun! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I'm sooooo jealous
    60 with 4 kids and still not a grandma. Congratulations!!! Spoil em rotten! and post pix when they're born!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Congrats
    You will love being a grandma! I just spent a vacation week at the shore with my 3 grandbabies - one-year-old twins and a new 7-week-old. Whenever I get down in the dumps with all I am going through, I just think of them and they cheer me right up!

Linda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    linpsu said:

Congrats
    You will love being a grandma! I just spent a vacation week at the shore with my 3 grandbabies - one-year-old twins and a new 7-week-old. Whenever I get down in the dumps with all I am going through, I just think of them and they cheer me right up!

Linda

so glad you had a great
    so glad you had a great weekend, and are expecting a new little one. These are why we went through all the .... to enjoy these wonderful moments.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Congratulations Jean on the
    Congratulations Jean on the upcoming granddaughter to love & spoil!! My mom is really close with my daughters & it means so much to her! October is a WONDERFUL month to be born, I might add ;)
    Good for you treating yourself to that mani/pedi! you definately deserved it!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Thanks everyone!
    I can't wait to be a Grandmother. She will definitely be spoiled. I posted some shower pictures under my Expressions page too. Hugs, Jean
  • new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    Jean - you and I are just the same
    I'm gonna be a grandma for the first time on Oct 2nd - My daughter is pregnant with a boy. I know how you feel. It is wonderful isn't it? This has been some summer hasn't it? but look what we have coming. Our reward is our grandbabies - don't you agree ?
    You deserve the pampering. I can't wait to be done myself. My last treatment is Oct 1st - thats right 1 day before the baby is due. :) Maybe he'll be late. hehe

so so happy for you. I can't wait to hold my grandson as I'm sure you feel the same about your granddaughter.

Love - Kelly
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    new2me said:

Jean - you and I are just the same
    I'm gonna be a grandma for the first time on Oct 2nd - My daughter is pregnant with a boy. I know how you feel. It is wonderful isn't it? This has been some summer hasn't it? but look what we have coming. Our reward is our grandbabies - don't you agree ?
    You deserve the pampering. I can't wait to be done myself. My last treatment is Oct 1st - thats right 1 day before the baby is due. :) Maybe he'll be late. hehe

so so happy for you. I can't wait to hold my grandson as I'm sure you feel the same about your granddaughter.

Love - Kelly

Aw Jean..
    You are an angel! And, how exciting to have a new granddaughter on the way! Grandchildren are such a blessing from God! I am excited just reading your post and seeing the picture of your family.

And, you pamper yourself whenever you want! You have earned that and you most certainly deserve it. We always feel better when we do something nice for ourselves. I think some of us forget that we really will feel better if we just take time out for us for a change.

So, you show those toes and nails, and, let the world know that this new granddaughter will fill your life with so much love and joy!

So happy for you,

Sue :)
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    What a great day!
    May you have many happy years as a Gramma.

Roseann
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    grandchildren are so much fun! The onesie is adorable! I still remember when my daughter-in-law had my first grandson. They are now expecting a girl the end of October. They have 2 boys almost 5 and 7 and a daughter who's 2. My daughter has 2 girls 3 & almost 5. So, that makes 6 when the new granddaughter is born. Time will fly and soon you'll have that little bundle in your arms to spoil. Grandmothers have that right, you know :-)
    {{hugs}} Char