next week would be chemo

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i would have not been allowed to drive home.This is why i wanted a pic line. how long until i can drive after the port in

Comments

• webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Hi Cajuncutie
    If your asking how long after the port in inplanted until you can drive? Ask you doc but I think I was driving the next day. The only reason you need someone with you if the anesthesia. I have had a pic line before and was much happier the a port, hope it work out that way for you too. You sound a little overwhelmed, and rightfully so. Cancer is like being in a horrible car crash. But try and relax and accept thing for what they are. I hope that was of some help. I'v read some of your posts and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Alison
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    you will be so happy with port
    Hi dear friend...I have a port and Way better than PIC lines...makes chemo so much easier...shouldnt keep you from driving except day thet put it in...have had mine since 2007...means you have a caring doctor..., love shy
  • canjuncutie
    canjuncutie Member Posts: 131

you will be so happy with port
    Hi dear friend...I have a port and Way better than PIC lines...makes chemo so much easier...shouldnt keep you from driving except day thet put it in...have had mine since 2007...means you have a caring doctor..., love shy

I am not keeping
    It only staying for the 4 monthes then it comes out. It not staying in my body passed that. Im the only driver in the family.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184

I am not keeping
    It only staying for the 4 monthes then it comes out. It not staying in my body passed that. Im the only driver in the family.

Hi Cutie
    Please try not to stress so much I know that is easier said then done but try to relax alittle. The only day you can't drive is the day they put it in. Other then that you can drive and do what ever you need to do. You will be happy you have a port. Breath deep We are here for you. Take care Kay
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I drove myself to my first
    I drove myself to my first chemo the day after my port was put in. The only driving restriction I was told was that because it was under anethesia, I had to be driven home from the hospital the day of surgery day.

I've had my port of a bit over a year now and I intend to keep it as long as my Drs will allow. I find it comfortinging to have it as a ready to go 'lifeline' in case it's needed again. The slight inconvience of having to run in every 4 weeks and getting it flushed is worth knowing it's there. If I had been a less aggressive form (IBC) of BC I might feel differently, but alas I wasn't, so that's how I feel.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Hi Cajuncutie
    If your asking how long after the port in inplanted until you can drive? Ask you doc but I think I was driving the next day. The only reason you need someone with you if the anesthesia. I have had a pic line before and was much happier the a port, hope it work out that way for you too. You sound a little overwhelmed, and rightfully so. Cancer is like being in a horrible car crash. But try and relax and accept thing for what they are. I hope that was of some help. I'v read some of your posts and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Alison

Wanting to wish you good
    Wanting to wish you good luck Cajuncutie!

Hugs, Megan