Another countdown begins

aysemari
aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been playing these little mind games with myself, I noticed as of lately. For instance I can not bring
myself to say I "have" cancer, it sounds like I may keep it. I always find myself saying I am going through
cancer. And I count down a lot. The days till chemo, the day till I get my results..

So my latest countdown is, exchange surgery on 9/27. I am actually looking forward to this one. It's very
hard to sleep in these pesky expanders and for over 2 months I wake up in pain.

So BAH,BYE expanders!

Ayse

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    yaaaay!!!
    Awesome!! GOOD for you, I can't WAIT to get these expanders outta me! I still have 2, maybe 3 fills to get but now that they're getting big they're hurting. Luckily I can somewhat sleep on my side now & that, along with sleeping pills, helps.
    I don't like to say I have cancer either. I say "i'm fighting cancer".
    I'm halfway through both treatment & reconstruction, and I focus on that every day. First part was all uphill, now i'm at the top of the hill, ready to trot on down :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Ayse,
    I am so happy to hear you are finally getting your expanders out. I know you were miserable. GREAT NEWS! I see my onconolgist on Wednesday. Hopefully, she will give me the okay to have my exchange too. Hugs, Jean