Cried my eyes out tonight !!!!

2»

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    you are not alone with
    these feelings. When I first read these posts on this board, I didn't quiet understand
    why they called themselves warriors and fighters but I learned. It takes a lot of courage
    and endurance, yes and kleenex to go through what we do.

The weight is a big problem for me too. But don't do what I did. At the beginning I refused
    to buy bigger clothes. I HAD to get back to my size and be able to fit in my clothes again.
    But I would get so frustrated each time, when nothing fit and I looked awful in my old clothes.
    So I bought a few outfits, I call them my chunkey-flage and I felt better about myself. So
    go ahead treat yourself.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    So terribly normal
    It's so normal to feel this way, especially towards the end of treatment. I didn't care that I knew my hair would grow back, being bald SUCKS. I knew I'd get strength back, but so what I was exhausted then. I knew the steriods were making me gain weight and that would stop when they stopped, but I wanted it all to go away. I wanted to be the old me who never in a million years thought she'd have bc. I wanted to go back to when I didn't know what chemo was or how it was administered.
    You're almost done and that means the effects are cumulative. Everything you feel is a result of the tremendous battle you've been waging (and winning). I'm seven months from finishing treatment - lumpectomy, chemo and rads. I've stopped the femera (my choice, doc won't agree) but I finally feel like the old me.
    It will be over, you will feel better and a new/old normal will come to you.
    Let us know any time we can be of help.

marge
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

So terribly normal
    It's so normal to feel this way, especially towards the end of treatment. I didn't care that I knew my hair would grow back, being bald SUCKS. I knew I'd get strength back, but so what I was exhausted then. I knew the steriods were making me gain weight and that would stop when they stopped, but I wanted it all to go away. I wanted to be the old me who never in a million years thought she'd have bc. I wanted to go back to when I didn't know what chemo was or how it was administered.
    You're almost done and that means the effects are cumulative. Everything you feel is a result of the tremendous battle you've been waging (and winning). I'm seven months from finishing treatment - lumpectomy, chemo and rads. I've stopped the femera (my choice, doc won't agree) but I finally feel like the old me.
    It will be over, you will feel better and a new/old normal will come to you.
    Let us know any time we can be of help.

marge

Kelly, my post entitled
    Kelly, my post entitled GRRRRRRRRRRR might help you some. It tells how I felt and others wrote about how we can't go back, that we have to find a new normal, and, it can be better. I hope you read it and I hope it might help you.

Hugs, Megan
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    You are normal
    It's a new normal and the SE when start getting better. Everyone is different, but I found a nice relaxing bath with bubbles of course helped and a nice hike or walk and searched for the beauty around me. Chemical cocktails do a job on you, but it will get better i can promise you that. This site is a wonderful place to come to also. Positive energy to you. Katz