I am back and really need you

Menda
Menda Member Posts: 128
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
first of all "Howdy" to all the new names. I have not been here in awhile. After my elective double mastecomy on July 8th I needed a break. So to bring you up to date. I had immediate reconstruction, silicone, during surgery. Went home that same day and was doing great. PS noticed some nacrosis and I have been going in everyother week for trimming. It always revealed pink healthy skin. On Thursday, I woke up feeling horriable went to work, since I had missed so much from the surgery. I had fever, chills and some vommiting stayed 18 min and came home and went to bed. Slept until the following morning. Got up took a shower and was putting on my make up. Well I curl up Indian style and lay the towel over my legs. Well my leg felt really wet ok get that hair dry I'm dripping. Again my leg is really wet, where is that comming from. Oh well starring to be late hurry up. I stand up and something is now running down my leg. I look down and my leg is covered with puss. I check the nacrosis site and it is comming out faster than I can clean it up. I end up in surgery, the implant is in the trash and I am on 3 different iv antibiotics. The PS packed the open hole with gauze and that is changed 2 times a day. I am scheduled for surgery sometime tommorrow to get the hole hosed out and hopefully close the hole again keeping me on iv antibiotics for another 2 days and orally for 1 before I can go home. Then in 6-8 weeks after healing go in with an expander and then replace it with another silicone. Well that is a quick medical update. I needed to vent and share and was hoping there would be a lesson I learned at the end. I can't find one.......except if the narcrosis had not been there I could have become septic. So nacrosis is a good thing?

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Welcome back.
    Sooo sorry you have gone through such a terrifying situation. Sounds like a medical avoidable mixup. Hugs and wishes for a speedy resolution to this terrible ordeal.

Roseann
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    xxoo
    Hi menda,

I just had my left nipple redone yesterday and will worry every single day until it's pink and perfect like the right one that had no issues at all being reconstructed for some reason.

My left nipple hurts a lot more this time for some reason and much more purplely that last time. I'm worried about necrosis for sure.

Hang in there. What you just went through sounds so horrible.

Hang in there and I'll pray your new implants are much nicer to you this time!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    In the midst
    of such a harrowing experience you went through, the positive was that yes, thank God it didn't turn into Sepsis.

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Menda. I hope and pray you heal fast and feel better soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

"Gentle" hugs to you sister,

Sylvia
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    sea60 said:

In the midst
    of such a harrowing experience you went through, the positive was that yes, thank God it didn't turn into Sepsis.

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that Menda. I hope and pray you heal fast and feel better soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

"Gentle" hugs to you sister,

Sylvia

I am really sorry
    and wish you quick recovery after this horrible complication of your reconstruction.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I am really sorry
    and wish you quick recovery after this horrible complication of your reconstruction.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

oh my thats pretty awful.
    oh my thats pretty awful. Hope you heal fast the reconstruction of the reconstruction goes without a hitch.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Menda
    that sounded awful! I certainly hope the ps can correct the problem and clean everything up. This is one reason why I didn't opt for any reconstruction. I am considered high risk for infections. Will keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery after tomorrow's surgery.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    cahjah75 said:

Menda
    that sounded awful! I certainly hope the ps can correct the problem and clean everything up. This is one reason why I didn't opt for any reconstruction. I am considered high risk for infections. Will keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery after tomorrow's surgery.
    {{hugs}} Char

So sorry
    Oh Menda I am so sorry for all you have been through. I will keep you in my prayers for healing and peace. God Bless
    (((Hugs)))Janice
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    So sorry you are having
    So sorry you are having problems! Hope everything goes better from now on and you heal.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    The thing you learn on this site
    Menda,

I had to look up nacrosis and septic to better understand your situation. And now that I do
    I just can't imagine what you must have gone through. Scary stuff!!

The treatment we undergo creates quiet some turmoil in our bodies. I am glad you discovered
    it when you did and are getting care. I wish you a quick recovery and MUCH better luck the
    second time around.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Menda -
    I am so sorry that you are having to go through this - I can only imagine how scary this must have been for you. I wish you a speedy recovery and a more successful surgery the next time.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Menda,
    It was so good to hear from you again. Sorry about the problems that you are having. Sending prayers your way. Let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Jean
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    So sorry you are going
    So sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine. I hope you heal quickly.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    elm3544 said:

So sorry you are going
    So sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine. I hope you heal quickly.

Healing thoughts and prayers
    going out to you, Menda. Wishing that you will be feeling much better soon.

Hugs, Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    I'm so sorry
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully everything from this point on will be "easy", at least as easy as they can be.
    Take care.
    marge
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    roseann4 said:

Welcome back.
    Sooo sorry you have gone through such a terrifying situation. Sounds like a medical avoidable mixup. Hugs and wishes for a speedy resolution to this terrible ordeal.

Roseann

I am so sorry about what has
    I am so sorry about what has happened to you. I pray that your doctors can find a resolution quickly for you. Please keep us updated.