Diagnosed with Stage 1 Breast Cancer. Scheduling Lumpectomy..what to expect as far as bill?

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tell me how to get into chat or if someone in here can talk with me about their experience with Stage 1 Breast Cancer; Lumpectomy.

Comments

• Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Talk away
    Lots of ladies here have stage 1 w/lumpectomy. Me included. Give us your questions/concerns and you will get tons of info. Also read up on older posts. I have IDC, stage 1, lumpectomy, OncoType 22, so then chemo (done...yeah!) starting rads next week, then armidex.

I have been in chat once; it's for anyone with any kind of cancer. It won't be necessarily relevant to breast cancer.

Ask away.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am sorry you have to be here but
    you have found the right place to get answers. You do not need to go to a chat there is lots of information available right here. I was really scared when I was told I had breast cancer. I found this site and have gotten lots of info and support here. I don't think there is a way anyone here can tell you what to expect as far as a bill is concerned. That all depends on your surgeon, what needs to be done and where it will be done. I would suggest that you talk to you doctor and he should be able to give you some idea. It will also depend on what your insurance will pay, if you have insurance.
    Ask us lots of questions as someone here will probably have an answer for you.

Hugs
    Georgia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    To get to chat
    Look to the left under CSN box that is pink. Just click on 'chat'.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Marcia527 said:

To get to chat
    Look to the left under CSN box that is pink. Just click on 'chat'.

Marcia told you how to go to
    Marcia told you how to go to chat on here. Never been there, as, I always had trouble getting in, but, I hope they fixed it by now.

Good luck, Jan
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    I never go to the chat room
    I never go to the chat room but I was diagnosised with stage 1 grade 1 IDC breast cancer in Jan.10 had lumpectomy,4 rounds of chemo and just finished 30 rads. I started Tamoxifen 3 weeks ago. I will answer any questions I can as will lots of others on here. I am not even sure on my total bill yet so not sure I can be of any help there. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    Like the others, I have
    Like the others, I have never been in the chat room but have posted questions on this site. Everyone is extremely helpful with their experiences. I was dx on 5/24/10 and had a lumpectomy., stage 1, ER+/PR+/HER- as there are others with the same type of dx.

As for the costs involved, it would depend on what type of insurance coverage, doctors, treatment plans, etc... You may be able to talk to your insurance company on what your plan covers. I'm still dealing with all of the different bills with the hospitals, doctors, labs, etc.... One thing I started doing was asking how much was their fees, treatment, talking with their financial group and then calling my insurance to figure out how much I may have to pay.

Good luck
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I never go to the chat room
    I never go to the chat room but I was diagnosised with stage 1 grade 1 IDC breast cancer in Jan.10 had lumpectomy,4 rounds of chemo and just finished 30 rads. I started Tamoxifen 3 weeks ago. I will answer any questions I can as will lots of others on here. I am not even sure on my total bill yet so not sure I can be of any help there. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

If you need financial
    If you need financial assistance, contact the American Cancer Society first. Also, talk to your hospital or cancer center. They normally will work with you in some way.

Good luck!