mad at cancer because...

shy violet
shy violet Member Posts: 167
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
why is it all your hair falls out from all over your body from chemo...Except that one confounded old lady chin hair...my hair came back thin and slow but I now have 8 of those chin hairs?!?!?

Was just in hospital for a week with bad case of cellulitis...which by the way was the exact pattern of the full front and back chest radiation I had a year ago...all from an itsy bitsy teeny puncture wound in the finger...

And the only other place it grows back is where the tape goes for iv and blood draws...lol

Did I miss anything???

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    gotta laugh! too funny!

gotta laugh! too funny!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    carkris said:

gotta laugh! too funny!

gotta laugh! too funny!

Humor
    Humor is good! What we say may even be the truth, but when said with humor things are so much better!
    Marsha
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    That's funny!
    Those chin hairs are resilient!!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    sea60 said:

That's funny!
    Those chin hairs are resilient!!

Those hairs have a name....
    I have one that grows out of a mole under my chin. I pull it out, it stubbornly returns. Even though I am fair, this single hair is black, and it's stiff as baling wire, and it's curly. My 3 yr old grandson noticed it, and asked why I have a hair there? I told him it's my Witch Hair. So now, when he's on my lap or sitting next to me, he pushes my head back to check if the Witch Hair is still there. I'm letting it grow for Halloween.
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Those Dang Chin Hairs!
    Ugh! And why do you always have to find a new one while sitting in your car at a red light with no twizzers handy! Then, when you get home, you can't find the darn thing! LOL.

Blahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sal314 said:

Those Dang Chin Hairs!
    Ugh! And why do you always have to find a new one while sitting in your car at a red light with no twizzers handy! Then, when you get home, you can't find the darn thing! LOL.

Blahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally

and why when when your hair
    and why when when your hair starts to grow back it grows in aplace no one would notice??????
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

and why when when your hair
    and why when when your hair starts to grow back it grows in aplace no one would notice??????

Thank you so much for the good laugh... ladies
    sad,but true. Finished TCH chemo in late December, still waiting for my brows and lashes to grow back - full thickness prior to chemo poisons .. oh well, I'm alive! Best side effort - I can imagine!

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • shy violet
    shy violet Member Posts: 167
    and another thing...
    Ok I didn't do reconstruct...so why does Every stainable food item go straight to the no boob zone?!?