Lori-S

AnneCan
AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just wanted to say "hi" + welcome to this forum. I am sorry you have to be here. I am enjoying your posts, "Post on!".

Comments

• Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Thank you
    I've been lurking for about 5 months now and Eric's post really touched me so I finally registered. As a member of the semi-colons all I can really say is that I thought commas were a hassle but semi-colons are a whole other story! I appreciate your welcome. :)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Lori-S said:

Thank you
    I've been lurking for about 5 months now and Eric's post really touched me so I finally registered. As a member of the semi-colons all I can really say is that I thought commas were a hassle but semi-colons are a whole other story! I appreciate your welcome. :)

It has to do with your period....
    Oh, wait, THAT would mean MEN have PMS, too.....hummmmm....food for thought!!!

Welcome!

Hugs, Kathi
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    KathiM said:

Welcome!

Hugs, Kathi

welcome
    welcome to the forum Lori. I have been off in a little cabin in the north woods for three months. We have no power there so I really get out of touch with the forum. takes a bit to get caught up.

Welcome......maggie
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    KathiM said:

Welcome!

Hugs, Kathi

My cancer has been a revision of punctuation
    No more periods (total hysterectomy) and no more full colon; I'm limited to the semi-colon (and exclamation point!)
  • Lori-S
    abrub said:

No more periods (total hysterectomy) and no more full colon; I'm limited to the semi-colon (and exclamation point!)

Thank you!
    I appreciate the welcome and all the punctuation remarks :)
  • KathiM
    abrub said:

That's so funny.....
    With the Godiva chocolates I sent to my gastric surgeon, the card said "I came with a colon, left with a semi-colon, and lost my period. So is my cancer journey punctuated!". (During my 7-hour surgery, I had my rectum and sigmoid colon removed, a new 'rectum' fashioned from descending colon, and a total hysterectomy).

Of course, I also told my surgeon beforehand that I thought he was handsome, never hurts to stroke the guy who holds the knife!!! ROFLMAO!

HUgs, Kathi
  • coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    KathiM said:

That's so funny.....
    With the Godiva chocolates I sent to my gastric surgeon, the card said "I came with a colon, left with a semi-colon, and lost my period. So is my cancer journey punctuated!". (During my 7-hour surgery, I had my rectum and sigmoid colon removed, a new 'rectum' fashioned from descending colon, and a total hysterectomy).

Of course, I also told my surgeon beforehand that I thought he was handsome, never hurts to stroke the guy who holds the knife!!! ROFLMAO!

HUgs, Kathi

Oh Kathi
    Lori,
    Welcome to the board, I think we all lurked before registering. We all want to make sure this place is a good fit for our needs so to speak. You are now one of us and there is no turning back, welcome to the family.

Kathi,

Are us men really that easy, why yes we are. Love your posts by the way. Feel like I'm traveling with you with all the great pictures and adventures you share with us. I hope to be able to travel at some point in the future also. Just have to find a way to finance my many wants, my actual needs are few, so maybe I will get here sooner than later.

Don
  • KathiM
    coolvdub said:

Oh Kathi
    Lori,
    Welcome to the board, I think we all lurked before registering. We all want to make sure this place is a good fit for our needs so to speak. You are now one of us and there is no turning back, welcome to the family.

Kathi,

Are us men really that easy, why yes we are. Love your posts by the way. Feel like I'm traveling with you with all the great pictures and adventures you share with us. I hope to be able to travel at some point in the future also. Just have to find a way to finance my many wants, my actual needs are few, so maybe I will get here sooner than later.

Don

Aw, Don...you are too kind...
    But, between the rectal cancer and the breast cancer, 2005 was spent more in the hospital than out....I figured that my life, as I knew it, was fairly over...

That part turned out to be true....I retired, selling my computer business of 18 years, and together with my beau, who has a bad heart, we are making memories for the future when things may not be so good...

Can we say "Hello, medicare"?

BIG hugs to you!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Welcome
    Glad that you found our group. Yup Eric's story has hit everyone hard here. We've had many deaths this year and all of them are a significant loss. Please jump right in as you have and ask away if you have a question. We discuss a wide variety of topics. Once again, welcome to our family.

Kim
  • Lori-S

Welcome
    Glad that you found our group. Yup Eric's story has hit everyone hard here. We've had many deaths this year and all of them are a significant loss. Please jump right in as you have and ask away if you have a question. We discuss a wide variety of topics. Once again, welcome to our family.

Kim

Thank you!
    It is so nice to feel welcomed here.