are there any other polio survivors out there?

nrhril
nrhril Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm a polio survivor who was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer. I've had a lumpectomy, finished radiation and am now starting Arimidex.

Has anyone else gone through this combination?
Nancy

Comments

• Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    Can't really Help
    I can't offer you any help to your specific situation. I will say that my Mom was a polio survivor and at the age of 77 got colon cancer. Seven years after that it had spread to her lung. I'm wondering if having polio weakens your immune system.

Good luck with the Arimidex. I started off on Femara and then Arimidex but both gave me bad side effects. I'm currently on Tamoxifen.

Hugs, Sally
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55

Can't really Help
    I can't offer you any help to your specific situation. I will say that my Mom was a polio survivor and at the age of 77 got colon cancer. Seven years after that it had spread to her lung. I'm wondering if having polio weakens your immune system.

Good luck with the Arimidex. I started off on Femara and then Arimidex but both gave me bad side effects. I'm currently on Tamoxifen.

Hugs, Sally

Polio
    I had polio in 1954. I got bc 17 months ago, had a lumpectomy, was put on Tamoxifen and then did radiation. I have had very few side effects from Tamoxifen.
  • nrhril
    nrhril Member Posts: 3
    Nufferz said:

Polio
    I had polio in 1954. I got bc 17 months ago, had a lumpectomy, was put on Tamoxifen and then did radiation. I have had very few side effects from Tamoxifen.

arimidex and tamoxifen
    Thanks for the feedback.

I started Arimidex this week and feel a little tired as it is affecting my sleep. Have either of you had sleep problems with Tamoxifen?
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55
    nrhril said:

arimidex and tamoxifen
    Thanks for the feedback.

I started Arimidex this week and feel a little tired as it is affecting my sleep. Have either of you had sleep problems with Tamoxifen?

Sleep
    Yeah, I developed sleep problems since being on Tamoxifen. My nurse practioner prescribed me a sleep aid and I take it when needed.