connie and recurrence in '08

maggie_wilson
maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596
connie,

thanx for sharing that information; makes your thriving today all the more remarkable. when you had your mets, what treatments were recommended and what did you decide to do?? it really was helpful to learn that you were treated successfully back then, and you're here to tell the tale. everyone's individual success story is a collective one.

hugs and sisterhood,
your pal,
maggie

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • maggie_wilson
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

connie--you'll make a believer of me yet!

again, thanx for your response. sounds like your treatment was the same as mine after surgery, only i had 6 cycles of iv carbo/taxol given every three weeks. i'm assuming you first had surgery when diagnosed, did you then have chemo and/or radiation? then you had your first recurrence in february 2008, only 7 months after your first chemo? did i get that right? sorry to be so specific re: all this, but inquiring minds need to know.....

i'm trying to make that agreement re: no such thing as a dire prognosis. you're experience, i must say, goes a long way in helping me to believe it.

that is so great how well you're tolerating the ip/iv chemo--you must be one tought cookie!!!

haven't heard more re: diane; i'm presuming no news is good news.

sisterhood,
    maggie
  • connie--you'll make a believer of me yet!

again, thanx for your response. sounds like your treatment was the same as mine after surgery, only i had 6 cycles of iv carbo/taxol given every three weeks. i'm assuming you first had surgery when diagnosed, did you then have chemo and/or radiation? then you had your first recurrence in february 2008, only 7 months after your first chemo? did i get that right? sorry to be so specific re: all this, but inquiring minds need to know.....

i'm trying to make that agreement re: no such thing as a dire prognosis. you're experience, i must say, goes a long way in helping me to believe it.

that is so great how well you're tolerating the ip/iv chemo--you must be one tought cookie!!!

haven't heard more re: diane; i'm presuming no news is good news.

sisterhood,
    maggie

• maggie_wilson
    unknown said:

those are difficult questions, connie

why do you believe not all the cancer was removed during 2007 surgery? because you didn't trust the surgeon? the laparoscopy? or that the cancer showed up again soon? yes, i do know about the conspiracy of coverups among the white coats--male and female--doctors first, then maybe human beings, etc. one thing we do know is nothing was "due to your age." what a ridiculous thing to say.

re: paris, that must have been a wonderful lover you were with there......

your pal always,
    maggie
  • maggie_wilson
    unknown said:

i've been thinking about your questions, connie

i believe that my surgeon got all the visible cancer he could see during my surgery (i happened to have an appointment with a gyn who coincidentally assisted at my surgery, and he told me how my surgeon left no stone unturned, and that is his reputation). HOWEVER, there are always microscopic cancer cells that cannot be seen that are left, which is the rationale for chemo afterwards--to hopefully get rid of the rest. i could see the logic of that, which is why i ended up doing chemo. i did not see any logic at the time in radiating areas that were cancer -free in the first place, and that 5 different doctors (and i'm not kidding) had 5 different ideas about whether i should have radiation at all, where and how much, so i didn't . it's always there, should i ever need it.

i think it's always possible, and even probable, that chemo/radiation doesn't get it all either, and, as my medical oncologist says (she's young, on the cutting edge, smart, and human), whatever cancer is there after chemo tends to mutate and either becomes chemo resistant, or less aggressive, but it changes. so, who the hell knows?????

i really don't know if i made all the "right" choices, but i don't know at this point what i would do differently today. i hate the idea that you may have any qualms or regrets or even questions re: the decisions you've made. as you've said here many times, we all do the best we can. and, look at you now! so alive and thriving!

pal, maggie