Here I come

canjuncutie
canjuncutie Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did any one here dealt with i tight feeling on thier cheast after a mod rad mastecomy. My left side feels very tight. I have been moving and exersizing but it still feels tight. All I been told it will feel weird. evrything is ok but this tight feeling in my chest and a left arm that feels like i been hit in it. Now the weight i lost before the surgery has come back oh well my partner still loves me.

Comments

• survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    I did!
    Think it's normal, CajunCutie, so don't worry. It's because things have been pulled, tugged, shortened, and not to mention, removed. It gets better as time goes along. I know about the feeling of the shoulder being hit. My surgeon got sooooooooooooo indignant when I described this sensation...said it was something that was there before he did the surgery. He claims he didn't touch muscle. Oh, of course not!!! Excuse me!! Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, unfortunately for him, I didn't have a sore shoulder, so he did nick something. Wasn't blaming him, just asking a simple question. Gee!

Ok, got that out. Anyway, Canjun, when you are allowed, be sure you do your wall crawling exercises. The stretching will help, and does feel well. NOT before you're released to this though, ok?

It all gets better. Give yourself some time.

Jennifer
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Me too Cajun cutie
    I had my bilateral mastactomy 16 months ago and still feel tight at time. I find it's worse when I'm worn out. Sometimes rubbing a little Vit. E oil help calm the sensation. My hubby still loves me too. Is that the coolest thing! He thinks I'm beautiful!
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Me too Cajun cutie
    I had my bilateral mastactomy 16 months ago and still feel tight at time. I find it's worse when I'm worn out. Sometimes rubbing a little Vit. E oil help calm the sensation. My hubby still loves me too. Is that the coolest thing! He thinks I'm beautiful!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I had bilateral
    mastectomy in June and yes, my skin is very tight. One side is tighter than the other! I rub bio oil on my scars almost every night.
    Char