How do you deal with your bald head???

2»

Comments

• cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Mrs Gadget
    I went bald 15 days after 1st treatment. (Well, I had my hairdresser shave what was left.) I'm not a wig person. I go bald at home and bought soft cotton knit hats to wear out. I also bought a couple of hairbands that go over the hats to dress them up. I don't leave the house without earrings! Next week I'm going to a Look Good, Feel Better class. I still have my eyebrows and lashes. I wear black glasses so when they go I may look quite naked! What bothers me is Dex and chemo have caused my face and head to break out. I'm seeing my dermatologist tomorrow and hopefully she'll have a suggestion to remedy this unsightly mess!
    Char
  • iowasignterp
    iowasignterp Member Posts: 55
    intimacy and baldness
    i agree with most of the comments here. I did scarves and hats. I also got the bangs from headcovers.com that i attached under the scarves. I got two sets of bangs and wore on both front and back with the little elastic headband. it showed just enough hair that people were not really sure if i was bald or not. it was also easier for my young kids's friends to handle. it made me feel so much better to have just that touch of hair showing and not be roasting under a wig.

regarding intimacy with your husband, this is one way that he wants to show you his love. don't deny him this expression of his love. he may be feeling somewhat helpless in showing his support. I know I may get myself into lots of trouble here on this board for saying such a thing. there was such a sweetness to know i was still loved regardless of my hair loss or mastectomy, it was a new level of intimacy. this is of course assuming that you do have a good relationship with your husband.

fyi, here is one thing that i did with my bald head as you can see in my photo.
  • iowasignterp
    iowasignterp Member Posts: 55
    intimacy and baldness
    oops double post.

i wore this face on my bald head proudly to one of my chemo appointments.