Hey Liz

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
Hi Liz,
I want to send you positive wishes for tomorrow. I don't know if you'll read this before your chemo, so I'm sending it tonight. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that all goes smoothly and quickly.
Also, Happy Happy Birthday To You. Not the best way to spend a birthday, but it gets you one step closer to remission and many many more birthdays to come. Happy Birthday...
Lisha

Comments

• dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Happy Birthday!
    I hope you've had a good day even though treatments are never the way I'd choose to spend it. But if you look at it like everything is about you, it could be a very good day :)

Hope you get to go out for a nice dinner, or better yet dinner in bed could be good too LOL. Just know that you're in my thoughts chickie!

By the way...how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    dixiegirl said:

Happy Birthday!
    I hope you've had a good day even though treatments are never the way I'd choose to spend it. But if you look at it like everything is about you, it could be a very good day :)

Hope you get to go out for a nice dinner, or better yet dinner in bed could be good too LOL. Just know that you're in my thoughts chickie!

By the way...how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday from me too Liz! Hope your treatment went ok and you were able to celebrate a little bit after you got home. Thinking good thoughts for you!
    Love...Sue
  • tcvine
    tcvine Member Posts: 174
    Happy Birthday
    Best birthday wishes, Liz.
    Treatment days are not bad, they can be very good - and I hope yours was.
    Tom
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    tcvine said:

Happy Birthday
    Best birthday wishes, Liz.
    Treatment days are not bad, they can be very good - and I hope yours was.
    Tom

Thanks, Lisha, Beth, Sue, Tom, et al - Blood test report ??
    Oh, thanks for the birthday wishes! Strange as it sounds, I cannot ask for a better day to have chemo because this birthday makes me want to get better and will have many more birthdays to come and enjoy them. Plus getting all the wishes from you - makes my day! I am now 54.
    Also, my whole family took me out for Mexican dinner last night which was nice. Now not up for going out due to after effects of today - weaker and throat heavy with little cough.

Now here are the not-so-great news - I got report that my WBC is 2.1 and GRAN 0.4 which are low but my RBC is 3.8 (normal). Was told that I need to get a shot starting tomorrow every day! Today no shot because of receiving chemo with ABVD. What do those numbers mean? I cannot believe it becuz last 2 days, I felt energetic more than ever before and ate real well. Now am only eat spoonfuls of yogurt and some crackers so to tame my tummy from aching a bit. My head is good so far! Am going to check info on these stuff but want to ask so I don't get off the track with wrong info.

Bless you all,
    Liz
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member

Oh, thanks for the birthday wishes! Strange as it sounds, I cannot ask for a better day to have chemo because this birthday makes me want to get better and will have many more birthdays to come and enjoy them. Plus getting all the wishes from you - makes my day! I am now 54.
    Also, my whole family took me out for Mexican dinner last night which was nice. Now not up for going out due to after effects of today - weaker and throat heavy with little cough.

Now here are the not-so-great news - I got report that my WBC is 2.1 and GRAN 0.4 which are low but my RBC is 3.8 (normal). Was told that I need to get a shot starting tomorrow every day! Today no shot because of receiving chemo with ABVD. What do those numbers mean? I cannot believe it becuz last 2 days, I felt energetic more than ever before and ate real well. Now am only eat spoonfuls of yogurt and some crackers so to tame my tummy from aching a bit. My head is good so far! Am going to check info on these stuff but want to ask so I don't get off the track with wrong info.

Bless you all,
    Liz

Birthday girl
    Hi Liz,
    Happy Birthday.
    Glad you have passed the #2 treatment. Sorry to hear about your counts. Hopefully the shots will help improve them. Do try and keep eating. I really know how hard it can be, but little bits go a long way. Don't let your tummy get to empty, thats when you really start to feel bad.
    Are you still planning on going to the Rosh Hashanah dinner tomorrow. I say go , but take it easy. Being with family and friends who understand really helps the spirit..
    Thinking of you..
    Lisha
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

Bless you all,
    Liz

Blood results.
    Liz,
    First of all just want to tell you I am no Dr.,but I have the print out of normal blood results in front of me. The Grans are the baby cells that are made in your bone marrow. They grow into all the cells that are in your body. You definitely need something to boost the production. That shot you are talking about will help with that. RBC is borderline anemia with 3.8. The white cells are the ones that fight infection and normal is 4.5-12.5. Thats the main reason you need to boost those cells. The chemo destroys bad cells as well as good cells. Most of my counts are in normal range except the RBC's and they are 3.8 just like yours. I am dragged out probably due to the accumulation of chemo. Just finished round 5 today of R-CVP. I really feel the shot should be part of the regime for all,but thats just my opinion. The blood counts can drop at anytime and the shot helps it produce more cells. You have to wait at least 24 hours before getting the shot after chemo. I don't know why,but thats what the Onc. nurse told me. If that bus comes by your house and I hope it doesn't, just hide and maybe it will leave.hahahaha John
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Blood results.
    Liz,
    First of all just want to tell you I am no Dr.,but I have the print out of normal blood results in front of me. The Grans are the baby cells that are made in your bone marrow. They grow into all the cells that are in your body. You definitely need something to boost the production. That shot you are talking about will help with that. RBC is borderline anemia with 3.8. The white cells are the ones that fight infection and normal is 4.5-12.5. Thats the main reason you need to boost those cells. The chemo destroys bad cells as well as good cells. Most of my counts are in normal range except the RBC's and they are 3.8 just like yours. I am dragged out probably due to the accumulation of chemo. Just finished round 5 today of R-CVP. I really feel the shot should be part of the regime for all,but thats just my opinion. The blood counts can drop at anytime and the shot helps it produce more cells. You have to wait at least 24 hours before getting the shot after chemo. I don't know why,but thats what the Onc. nurse told me. If that bus comes by your house and I hope it doesn't, just hide and maybe it will leave.hahahaha John

Blood result info
    Hi, John,

Thanks. Wow, GRAN is related to bone marrow? Interesting. I will need to take a course on human biology now that I am dealing with this!! I do plan to read and study the lymphatic system but had not the chance yet and would like a good book on all these stuff. I love going to the bookstore so I will look around for it. My husband just told me the reason for the 24 hour wait is that for some reason the WBC level will drop if taking chemo at the same time.

Keep you posted then.
    Liz