Chemo TAC #8 is in my body ...

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just got home....my last chemo infusion (#8) is now completed.......praying that I am not knocked to my knees next week. Onc said he reduced the dosage of Taxotera, so hoping I will still be standing next week :-) Since Nuelasta does not seem to work for me...I will start tomorrow with 7 days of Neupogen shots for the white blood count. Also hoping to get a consultation appt. next week with the Radiology onc so that process can get scheduled and started end of the month. WOW....it is still just starting to sink in that I am done with Chemo!!! Last couple of infusions were tough.... Next stretch of the journey....here I come........I am ready! Just hope I still feel well next week. Thanks to all of you who prayed, offered positive thoughts and encouragement to me along the Chemo path.........but I will wait another week to believe I have emerged from this dark tunnel!!!!

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Woo Hoo!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you. I know how good it feels to be done that mess. Good luck with the Neupogen shots. Go ahead and do the happy dance!!!!!! Yes, hope you can get your radiation started soon. Hope you feel good enough to celebrate some how! Hugs, Jean
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations, Cavediver,
    Congratulations, Cavediver, you have completed the hardest part, in my opinion, of this dreaded disease. Now, give yourself time to rest and recover. You are on the homestretch!! Can you see our lights in the darkness yet? We're waiting for you at the end of the tunnel.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Congratulations--such a
    Congratulations--such a milestone. You may be on your butt next week, but at least you know that if you are, this is the last time chemo will do this to you. I'm celebrating with you-- how well I remember that last day of chemo. On your way, on your way to easier days.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Congrats...I just don't know
    Congrats...I just don't know how you do it with 8. I was such a weenie with 4.

OK, I had the Neupogen shots, only managed to do 5 out of the 10 I was supposed to do. After the 1st shot, I was bone-achy. After the 5th shot had horrid bone pain. Darvocet didn't help. Motrin actually worked wonders. Stock up on them. If I had to do it all over again, I would take a shot then do a couple motrin right away. Please, you don't want to get the bone pain. Then again you might not even get it, but just to prevent it.
    Take care & congrats.

Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations
    YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations on finishing chemo!!!!! What an accomplishment and a milestone and moving ever closer toward Life After Cancer! I also hope that this last round doesn't knock you on your keester, and that you will bounce back quickly!

(((((HUGS))))
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations
    YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations on finishing chemo!!!!! What an accomplishment and a milestone and moving ever closer toward Life After Cancer! I also hope that this last round doesn't knock you on your keester, and that you will bounce back quickly!

(((((HUGS))))
    Chen♥

I remember that day as being
    I remember that day as being bittersweet. After crawling across the finish line, I knew i still had to face the week. but It was the last one. Huge sigh of relief. or scream of relief!!! So glad its done. After chemo rads was so easy. My rads doc said 'each week I see you and you are further from the chemo the better you look" For me the worst was over. and I had surgery in between! So a big congratulations to you !!!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Congratulations!
    Cavediver - Congratulations on making it through your last chemo! I know what it feels like when you are still waiting to come out of the other side of the side effects but just keep reminding yourself that you have made it through the last cycle. It will get better from here. Good luck on your rads - I just finished mine and it is just hard to wrap my brain around. I hope that part of your journey is easy!

Chris
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Yeah!
    I am so happy for you...prayers and hopes for a good recovery!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Yeah!
    I am so happy for you...prayers and hopes for a good recovery!

Good job, Cavediver!
    This next week may be rough, but you'll do it, and just knowing it's the last one will give you the extra strength and courage you need to sail through it. Just keep thinking of the time beyond that when you'll be feeling so much better.

Praying for a good week ahead for you.

Hugs, Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Yay!!!!!!
    You're so close to the end of that tunnel. congrats on finishing and hope you don't even notice this last one.

marge
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Yay!!!!!!
    You're so close to the end of that tunnel. congrats on finishing and hope you don't even notice this last one.

marge

YIPPEE!!! YOU DID IT!!!
    Isn't it a great feeling to know you could actually finish up those rough days and nights?
    God bless ! Go celebrate as soon as you feel well enough! Go out to dinner!! dancing!!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cavediver
    you're done. Take a deep breath. The week may not be a good one but no more chemo! That is huge! I'm so happy for you. Here's hoping rads are much easier.....
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    cahjah75 said:

Cavediver
    you're done. Take a deep breath. The week may not be a good one but no more chemo! That is huge! I'm so happy for you. Here's hoping rads are much easier.....
    {{hugs}} Char

What a relief!
    You're done! I found rads to be MUCH easier than Chemo. Relax and get plenty of rest this coming week.

Blessings,

Sylvia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
    Now that is something worth CELEBRATING!!! Congrats on chemo completion so happy for you! Now off to Rads, you're halfway there!

Hugs,

(¯`v´¯)
    .`•.¸.•´
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•..•¨*RE