Prayers Please for our grandson Troy

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Oh Natly, Of course you have
    Oh Natly, Of course you have my prayers for Troy, you, Matt and Becki. He is a fighter just look at his Gramma. He will continue to improve and get stronger. Please keep us posted on his improvement. Prayers and positive thoughts are with you and your family. Kay
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Oh Natly, Of course you have
    Oh Natly, Of course you have my prayers for Troy, you, Matt and Becki. He is a fighter just look at his Gramma. He will continue to improve and get stronger. Please keep us posted on his improvement. Prayers and positive thoughts are with you and your family. Kay

Prayers and positive vibes
    Prayers and positive vibes coming your way for Troy and the whole family.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    prayers sent
    keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Oh Natly - praying for your
    Oh Natly - praying for your family & that precious little grandbaby...please keep us updated.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Oh Natly - praying for your
    Oh Natly - praying for your family & that precious little grandbaby...please keep us updated.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Natly
    Praying for your grandbaby and your family.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Kat11 said:

Natly
    Praying for your grandbaby and your family.

YOu got it, grandma.
    Prayers go out to your whole family. Dear Lord help them get through this and take care of our little Troy. Amen
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

praying for you and your family
    I have said a prayer for that little guy. I know this can't be easy.

We'll all be pulling for him and your family.

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

Sending prayers for Troy and
    Sending prayers for Troy and your family!

Hugs,Megan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Prayers
    Natly, Prayers to Baby Troy and you and your family. It is awesome how much can be done in neonatal units these days. If Troy is anything like his feisty grandma, he will make it through this just fine.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I'm sitting here in tears of
    I'm sitting here in tears of appreciation for ALL your prayers and good wishes for Troy. Thank you kindred spirits, warriors and surviors.

Troy opened his eyes last nite and this morning and let his mom and dad feed him. He even whimpered when I was speaking with his mom this morning.

White counts are still down and they do believe he has some type of infection. all test results should be back tomorrow.

We've all been teary eyed, but holding strong. I am in Florida and Troy and his family are in N.C. I do plan to go up there once things settle down.

Cynthia your note has meant so much to me. Reading what you said re: "whimpy white male" syndrome has put my heart and mind at ease. Thank you so very much. I read your encouraging post to Becki this morning.

I feel so blessed to have found all you beautiful, wonderful people. Again, thank you for all the prayers. :0)
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    natly15 said:

I'm sitting here in tears of appreciation for ALL your prayers and good wishes for Troy. Thank you kindred spirits, warriors and surviors.

Troy opened his eyes last nite and this morning and let his mom and dad feed him. He even whimpered when I was speaking with his mom this morning.

White counts are still down and they do believe he has some type of infection. all test results should be back tomorrow.

We've all been teary eyed, but holding strong. I am in Florida and Troy and his family are in N.C. I do plan to go up there once things settle down.

Cynthia your note has meant so much to me. Reading what you said re: "whimpy white male" syndrome has put my heart and mind at ease. Thank you so very much. I read your encouraging post to Becki this morning.

I feel so blessed to have found all you beautiful, wonderful people. Again, thank you for all the prayers. :0)

HANG ON.......
    Prayers your way for your "little guy" and the entire family.....As it has been said, it's not unusual for "early" babies to have some difficulties....Once they identify his problem, then onto treatment and recovery.....He may have "picked up" something in the hospital or Mom may have had some type of infection when he was born and it was "passed along." Not unusual.

Will be thinking of your and keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.......
    Nancy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    natly15 said:

Natly. I am thinking of you
    Natly. I am thinking of you all, too. Sending positive energy your way and especially on to little Troy. Sounds like he's a little fighter, just like his gramdma!!
  • MAJW
    Ps..........
    Let me know when you're coming to NC.........I'll send phone number and hopefully we can get together.......
    Nancy
  • MAJW
    PS AGAIN!
    Nat, I sent you a private message

:) Nancy
  • winsomebulldog
    winsomebulldog Member Posts: 117 Member
    natly15 said:

Praying for all of you!

Praying for all of you!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    MAJW said:

PS AGAIN!
    Nat, I sent you a private message

:) Nancy

Natly, All my prayers are
    Natly, All my prayers are with you and you're family and especially little Troy.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    natly15 said:

Speed Bump
    I am so glad that I was able to help. The infection part is scary but not at all rare as many researchers believe any kind of infection (even subclinical ones that Mom has no awareness of) can cause irritable uterus and preterm delivery in the first place.

It sounds like it is a speedbump in his recovery and that he will be fine, but give him some time as he is definitely not there yet maturity-wise.

The most frustrating thing for parents is when a preterm infant is off resp support but not nippling, just sleeping all of the time. Just like each baby walks at a different time, each premie will develop a strong suck/swallow at a different time. It is not something you can teach; it is purely a developmental thing and, when they get it, a light bulb will go off overnight and you will wonder why you were ever worried about their eating. I know it is unbelievably frustrating, but please be patient with the little guy and remember that he is not supposed to be here yet.

And, of course, you are big time in my prayers! Give that little WWM (actual diagnostic term, I swear) a big hug from me!
  • roseyposey333
    roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
    prayers for your little one
    I just read your post and my heart goes out to you and your family. Sounds like he is a strong little guy and I know he will do his best to be part of such a wonderful family who love him so.

I will keep praying, Rosey
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Saying a prayer for your new
    Saying a prayer for your new little gift. And of course for the mom and dad so they may stay strong.

Cindy
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Snowkitty said:

Saying a prayer for your new
    Saying a prayer for your new little gift. And of course for the mom and dad so they may stay strong.

Cindy

The new baby,
    the whole family, and of course you, Nat, are in my prayers. I'm sure he's getting the best care possible. He's so lucky to be born in this day and age when doctors know so much more about caring for premie babies. I'm sure, with your "fighting spirit" in his DNA, he'll do just fine!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm praying for your precious little one
    and you're family. I pray that he grows stronger as each day passes.

Keep us posted!

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia