Prayers Please for our grandson Troy

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Troy was 3 1/2 to 4 weeks early and the little guy is having some struggles. He was due 9/24/10 but arrived 8/30/10. They admitted him to the hospital last evening and we are praying and know in our hearts that he will get thru this. His body temp dropped, he wouldnt eat yesterday, his white counts are down and they had trouble waking him. He is on IV'S. He seemed more alert today and did eat some. Please keep Troy, my son Matt and his wife Becki in your prayers.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    There is nothing this
    There is nothing this sisterhood won't do for you and your family, sweet Natly! We surround you with everything you need~please keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Natly,
    Troy and you and his

Natly,
    Troy and you and his family are in my prayers.
    Stef
  • ilferro1
    ilferro1 Member Posts: 20
    Prayers
    All my prayers are there for you and your family. Keep your chin up; sending multiple hugs and more hugs. Tell Troy all his friends are praying.
    Irene
  • PinkWillow
    PinkWillow Member Posts: 11
    We will keep Troy and your
    We will keep Troy and your family in our thoughts and prayers, too. The best of wishes are coming your way.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

We will keep Troy and your
    We will keep Troy and your family in our thoughts and prayers, too. The best of wishes are coming your way.

Troy - Brooke's brother, Matt and Becki .. all in my prayers
    including you Miss Natly .. Best wishes and strength for all.

Vicki Sam
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Troy-this is an awesome world and there is so much to share with you. Be strong for Mom and Dad and Grandma and all those who love you. Take care. Marilyn
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Troy
    Now you are in my territory as I am a neonatal nurse practitioner and have been working with sick babies since 1978.

The babies that we now call "late preterm" infants (36-38 wks) do have their own special set of problems: feeding adaptation, increased risk of jaundice, temperature instability, respiratory issues, etc. White males are what we in the trade call "wimpy white males." By that we just mean that they are the most physiologically immature (all studies bear this out) and are the last to get nippling down; hold their temps, suffer infections, etc.

Having said all of that I am praying that this is a speed bump in Troy's recovery. Babies are very resilient. It sounds like he is getting good care. Hang in there and be patient with him as it may take him until close to his due date for him to "be ripe."

You are all in my prayers and feel free to PM me.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member

Troy
    Now you are in my territory as I am a neonatal nurse practitioner and have been working with sick babies since 1978.

The babies that we now call "late preterm" infants (36-38 wks) do have their own special set of problems: feeding adaptation, increased risk of jaundice, temperature instability, respiratory issues, etc. White males are what we in the trade call "wimpy white males." By that we just mean that they are the most physiologically immature (all studies bear this out) and are the last to get nippling down; hold their temps, suffer infections, etc.

Having said all of that I am praying that this is a speed bump in Troy's recovery. Babies are very resilient. It sounds like he is getting good care. Hang in there and be patient with him as it may take him until close to his due date for him to "be ripe."

You are all in my prayers and feel free to PM me.

Prayers on the way
    for you and your family, Natty. Here's hoping that little man bounces back quickly-- right into his granny's arms!!

Many hugs,
    Jennifer
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    survives said:

Prayers on the way
    for you and your family, Natty. Here's hoping that little man bounces back quickly-- right into his granny's arms!!

Many hugs,
    Jennifer

Prayers
    Prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts are all on their way to you and your family. You'll be sniffing that little baby's neck before you know it!

Stay strong, Sally
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    praying for you and your family
    I have said a prayer for that little guy. I know this can't be easy.

We'll all be pulling for him and your family.

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Natly... I will keep your
    Natly... I will keep your grandson Troy in prayer. God bless.
    BL
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Sending tons of prayers your
    Sending tons of prayers your way.

Hugs

Donna
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Natly,
    Sending prayers to you and your family. I know this has to be an emotional time for all of you. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs, Jean
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Prayers Being Sent
    to you and your entire family. May God heal precious little Troy, making him completely healthy. May God give his mom and dad and grandparents peace knowing that God has everything covered regarding little Troy, whom he fearfully and wonderfully made!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Will be praying for Troy and
    Will be praying for Troy and all of the family. God Bless
    (((Hugs)) Janice
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Will be praying for Troy and
    Will be praying for Troy and all of the family. God Bless
    (((Hugs)) Janice

Sending prayers for baby
    Sending prayers for baby Troy and family.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sending prayers for baby
    Sending prayers for baby Troy and family.

sending prayers and so glad
    sending prayers and so glad Cynthia can give you good advice.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

sending prayers and so glad
    sending prayers and so glad Cynthia can give you good advice.

Natly
    thinking and praying of your family and grandson Troy.
    Hugs,
    New flower
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

Natly
    thinking and praying of your family and grandson Troy.
    Hugs,
    New flower

Baby Troy
    Prayers are being said for Baby Troy and all of your family.
    Marsha
  • sassafras
    sassafras Member Posts: 10
    Prayers
    Congratulations on the new grandson Natly!
    Prayers for your family and sweet Troy.
    k