Another update - update on the update!

EveningStar2
EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My primary kinda forced me to go see the oncologist (I've moved since finishing treatment). She agrees that tamoxifen and I will remain apart since the pulmonary embolism shower. But somewhere in here, my primary doc found an enlarged thyroid. So off to ultrasound I went, weeks later of course, and I have a nodule surrounded by a cyst. And now it hurts--didn't hurt when I didn't know I had it! *sigh* I need a needle biopsy but it looks like that will not be for 6 weeks or so.

It's just one damn thing after another! The ultrasound tech talked with me and she said she didn't see any signs of cancer and as a RN, I know that this is probably nothing. But as _you_ all know it's worrisome.

Maureen

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-(
    Oh Maureen I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this, it certainly feels like it is one thing after the other sometimes. I am betting that somewhere between the last scare and now you have had some good times, draw on those and in the 6 weeks you have to wait make some more good times. I know it is easier said than done but please try to distract yourself with the good things in your life while you wait and when you cannot we are here for you.

A ton of hugs and then some!

RE
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Maureen,
    Sorry hear of the

Maureen,
    Sorry hear of the new developmens, I hope and pray its just a benign cyst and that the RN nurse was right.

Lupe
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Pinkpower said:

Maureen,
    Sorry hear of the

Maureen,
    Sorry hear of the new developmens, I hope and pray its just a benign cyst and that the RN nurse was right.

Lupe

Sorry Maureen. I will put
    Sorry Maureen. I will put you in my prayers.

Hugs, Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    jnl said:

Sorry Maureen. I will put
    Sorry Maureen. I will put you in my prayers.

Hugs, Leeza

Maureen,
    Good thoughts and

Maureen,
    Good thoughts and prayers that this is something of little importance.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Maureen
    sorry to hear about the thyroid problem. I had a needle biopsy in July because endocronologist saw a spot on the left side. I was glad to find out it was benign and nothing to worry about. Hoping your's is good news too although sorry you have to wait 6 weeks!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    cahjah75 said:

Maureen
    sorry to hear about the thyroid problem. I had a needle biopsy in July because endocronologist saw a spot on the left side. I was glad to find out it was benign and nothing to worry about. Hoping your's is good news too although sorry you have to wait 6 weeks!
    {{hugs}} Char

Maureen
    I wish all tests will be negative and you will get good news!
    Sorry for you have to wait , please stay positive.
    New Flower
  • EveningStar2

Maureen
    I wish all tests will be negative and you will get good news!
    Sorry for you have to wait , please stay positive.
    New Flower

yes
    I keep telling myself that in the grand scheme of things that this is just a blip but it's hard not to think about the worst. But I'm trying!!

Maureen
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

yes
    I keep telling myself that in the grand scheme of things that this is just a blip but it's hard not to think about the worst. But I'm trying!!

Maureen

praying for good news!!!!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

Waiting is so difficult .. I am sorry that you are sitting and
    waiting ... I hate that 'wait' game. Time for me passes so slowly - if you can go for a walk, read a book - watch a funny movie - anything to pass the time. Silly suggestions, I know - . Try and keep your mind busy - any way possible.

Prayers, Strength and Courage for you.

Vicki Sam
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    what a bummer
    Dear Maureen,
    So sorry that there appears to be another bump in that road and journey through treatment. I am praying for good results from your ultrasound and biopsy. As a retired RN I know I can often come up with the "worst case" thoughts. I have to remind myself to stay in the moment and maintain balance, so important when we are faced with important life decisions such as our health.
    Hang in there and make some time to enjoy yourself everyday.
    Sending positive thoughts.
    Hugs, K
  • EveningStar2
    New update
    I had the biopsy Thursday and got the *good* call on Monday. I may still need to get the dang thing removed because it has gotten big enough to bother me but since she drained the cyst, it's better.

And to make Thursday an alround day I had a mammo on the affected boob. The radiologist didn't have the old films (if someone had bothered to tell me, *I* could have gotten them) but he says if he didn't know my history, he would call it fine.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 2 for 2. Yaaa!!!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Oh Maureen, I'm so sorry you
    Oh Maureen, I'm so sorry you are having this trouble. I pray the nurse is right. It will be nothing. I wish you didn't have to wait 6 weeks. That is a long time when your in pain. Your in my prayers and thoughts. Take care Darline. Kay