Ladies...When can I stop hydrating after chemo?

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am so tired of having to pee on every tree I see. I had chemo on Thursday...when is it out of my kidneys, etc.?

Thanks, Cindy

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Ya know,8 years after my
    Ya know,8 years after my original diagnosis I have never stopped hydrating~ I still drink ater all day long~8, 10, 12 glasses! I keep thinking peeing is good, chemo or not! LOL So I dunno! And, during chemo, not only is is good for flushing your system, but can help stave off the constipation many of us get as a lovely side-ffect of chemo.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I started drinking a lot of water
    years ago when I went to Weight Watchers. During menopause I gained a "lot" of weight and started to have overactive bladder. Went to a uro/gyn guy and he said I was drinking too much. It just becomes a habit and with chemo I still drink a lot and yes, I know where every bathroom in every store is and I go constantly! lol
    Char
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    cahjah75 said:

I started drinking a lot of water
    years ago when I went to Weight Watchers. During menopause I gained a "lot" of weight and started to have overactive bladder. Went to a uro/gyn guy and he said I was drinking too much. It just becomes a habit and with chemo I still drink a lot and yes, I know where every bathroom in every store is and I go constantly! lol
    Char

absolutely not, please stay hydrated
    especially if you have had Cytoxan, which is known for urinary side effects. You need continue to drink a lot of water after you finish Chemo as well. During radiation water and juice should be your friends as well. Your body is woking well continue to pee it is a good sign.
    New Flower
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

absolutely not, please stay hydrated
    especially if you have had Cytoxan, which is known for urinary side effects. You need continue to drink a lot of water after you finish Chemo as well. During radiation water and juice should be your friends as well. Your body is woking well continue to pee it is a good sign.
    New Flower

That sounds like a cute little "Pee" poem
    Yes, I would say to keep drinking sister and hopefully, there are a lot of trees where you're at.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sea60 said:

That sounds like a cute little "Pee" poem
    Yes, I would say to keep drinking sister and hopefully, there are a lot of trees where you're at.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Ya Know ... I've asked this question several times to
    many health care professional, all resulting in different answers. So this is what I think .. It's takes us all 2 years to get our hair texture back to it's original state, regardless of how curly or wavy our hair grew back after completing chemo .. so what this saids to me ... is that it's take 2 years to get all that crap out of our system, cells and body ... so 2 years it is. Hydrate, Hydrate is my new Motto. I actually stop drinking as much water these past 4 months, and I find that I am much puffier ... yes, water is such a wonderful way to rid our system of everyday - toxin's.

Strength, Courage and many bathrooms, trees and bushes for you,

Vicki Sam