more news

2»

Comments

• yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591

Hand sanitizer
    Yeah, if suddenly the effects hit me I just would go upstairs to the bedroom to avoid the people but I hope not. Good idea to keep "hands off" from others... just learned that 2nd treatment that I will have next Tues may not be that bad. Ok, I ll take it just into strides.
    I am gonna paint my new office to keep me from thinking about Tuesday!!
    Thanks,
    Liz

Painting Office
    Hey Liz,
    I find you just amazing. Can't believe your up to painting. You go girl!!!
    You'll be fine for the family gathering, if tired just sit back and relax, let every one else do the work. When I was going through RCHOP last winter I skipped all family gatherings, just too tired and over stimulated by being around a group of people to handle it. Also very concerned with catching something especially because of the H1N1 and having young grandkids. Stayed home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which was just fine with my husband and me.
    Have a good weekend painting and sending good wishes for an easy chemo on Tuesday.
    Leslie
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    yesyes2 said:

Oh My Gosh
    Hi Lisha, I have been hungry for some really good noodle kugel for ages. Do you have a recipe? Yummy yummy! And I've never thought of making French toast with challah bread. But that's really hard to find where I live.

I'm actually feeling guilty about our being on an Alaskan cruise vacation during the high holidays. Never checked dates when we made reservations. Especially after having had four cancers, 3 of which were in the last 2 years I get a little uneasy rocking the boat.

I think you are in the bay area, where do you live? I am down in Santa Cruz but lived in San Francisco for 12 years and really miss the city.
    Take care and have a good weekend.
    Leslie

Comfort food
    Hi Leslie,
    I do have a noodle kugel receipe, I just have to find it, It is my mothers. When I do find it, I'll post it for you.
    True Challah can be found at Whole Foods. There is one in Santa Cruz and one in Capitola. They always have it for Friday, if they are out of it, you can use their Brioche bread, but the true challah is the way to go for french toast. That's the way I have it since I was a little girl growing up in San Francisco.
    Don't feel guilty about your trip. Just enjoy the heck out of it. You will have to fill us in on the adventure. I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.
    I live near Stanford.
    Have a great weekend and trip..
    Lisha
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    forme said:

Comfort food
    Hi Leslie,
    I do have a noodle kugel receipe, I just have to find it, It is my mothers. When I do find it, I'll post it for you.
    True Challah can be found at Whole Foods. There is one in Santa Cruz and one in Capitola. They always have it for Friday, if they are out of it, you can use their Brioche bread, but the true challah is the way to go for french toast. That's the way I have it since I was a little girl growing up in San Francisco.
    Don't feel guilty about your trip. Just enjoy the heck out of it. You will have to fill us in on the adventure. I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.
    I live near Stanford.
    Have a great weekend and trip..
    Lisha

Noodle Kugel
    Leslie and Lisha,

Yes - I forgot about the noodle kugel. Good idea!! It is so easy to make. It has variations - with apples, raisins and cinnamon or sauteed onions, or it can be mixed with veggies. I have one that is all-purpose and adjustable to your preferences. Will post it shortly.

Liz
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591

Noodle Kugel
    Leslie and Lisha,

Yes - I forgot about the noodle kugel. Good idea!! It is so easy to make. It has variations - with apples, raisins and cinnamon or sauteed onions, or it can be mixed with veggies. I have one that is all-purpose and adjustable to your preferences. Will post it shortly.

Liz

Jewish Foods
    Hi Lisha and Liz,

Have you noticed we're all names with an "L". Hmmm!!! My mom used to make a really mean, good, kugel to serve as a side dish. When she died I never found her cookbook, all hand written with items passed down to her from her mother. It's really sad all those recipes were lost. But mostly it's sad that a very well love book and memento of my mom is gone. I was only 24 when she died and not really into Jewish cooking, if I had only known.

Lisha, never thought of Whole Foods as making authentic. I'll have to try them out.

Thanks,
    Leslie
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    onlytoday said:

smoothie
    Just wanted to share my smoothie recipe: non fat plain yogurt, blueberries, banana, whey protein powder(one capful from the container, I like plain but it comes in flavors), ice, (honey if you need a sweetner) Blend and enjoy! (strawberries are good in it too -- you can add any fruit you enjoy) I think I'm addicted to them at this point!

For those who haven't tried it maybe it will help. It's easy and we make a blender full and keep it in the fridge and take it out and blend it for a few seconds and I enjoy it all day. It's a good way to get protein when you really don't feel much like eating.

I wish you all the best. We can do this, together!!

Smoothie
    You brain washed me! That smoothie sounded soooooo good that I went out and bought a single serve smoothie maker and all the fixings! Delish, thank you for sharing! Kellie