halfway point!

Heatherbelle
Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday was my 3rd of 6 chemo treatments, I'm officially at the halfway mark now. I get 1 more AC treatment then I get 2 T (and i can't remember what that stands for at the moment, taxotere maybe??) treatments. Feeling ok, just tired, a few hot flashes every now & then, upset stomach off & on...nothing one of these pills won't fix lol...my answer to everything these days "i got a pill for that"..
Just wanted to share my milestone with you all, I'll be so glad when I can come on here & post that I had my last chemo treatment!!
Hope you all have a grreat holiday weekend!
*hugs*
Heather

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Congrats on the half way
    Congrats on the half way mark. It must feel great to have reached this point. Hoping the last half goes fast, fast fast.
    Stef
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hi Heather I know what you
    Hi Heather I know what you mean I can't wait either to say I'm done with chemo. Boy what a day that will be. I just had my 4Th of 6 last Tues. Only two more. I get so tired of sitting in that chair for 3 and a half to 4 hours. Best wishes to ya Heather Take care Kay
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Congrats, Heather
    It's all downhill from now on. And by now you know how to prevent certain after effects better. And mine seemed to be less after each chemo.

Take care, Cindy
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Heather so glad
    you're heading towards the end of treatment. If I recall you're having the AC every 2 weeks and after 4 you'll have 2 T ???? Every oncologist determines what to give depending on the bc dx. Will you be having rads too? I'm on a 21 day cycle of Taxotere/Cytoxan 4 treatments, possibly 6. A radiology oncologist will determine afterwards if I need rads. I certainly hope not since my PET scan was clear and I had no lymph node involvement with the bilateral mastectomy. You're still getting fills right???
    {{hugs}} Char
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    congrats on 1/2 mark
    Glad you are halfway through the chemo and feeling ok now. That is wonderful news! I will keep positive thoughts that the second half will be smooth and look forward to reading you are done with chemo!!!! Yeah!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    That's Awesome!
    Half way there. You'll be done before you know it. Take it easy this weekend. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard. Hugs, Jean
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    I am so excited for you. I
    I am so excited for you. I know I am looking forward to getting there too. Enjoy the fact that you are there. Three down, three to go! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Congrats and happy weekend!

Michelle
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    YOU CAN DO IT!!
    In my best cheerleader voice..."GO, GO, GO...FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT...WIN, WIN, WIN!!"

Blessings,

Sylvia :D
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sea60 said:

YOU CAN DO IT!!
    In my best cheerleader voice..."GO, GO, GO...FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT...WIN, WIN, WIN!!"

Blessings,

Sylvia :D

Halfway completed, and you have not lost your sense
    of humor or attitude .. Heatherbelle - keep up the GREAT work, and rest when possible. I am so happy the baby girl will be watched while you gather strength and rest.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    VickiSam said:

Halfway completed, and you have not lost your sense
    of humor or attitude .. Heatherbelle - keep up the GREAT work, and rest when possible. I am so happy the baby girl will be watched while you gather strength and rest.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam

Just like Vicki Sam said, so
    Just like Vicki Sam said, so glad you still have a good positive attitude. This is one of our best defense to fight and win.

Lupe
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    thank you sisters
    Thank you my sisters for sharing my excitement with me, and your great words of encouragement. This latest round was NOT kind to me at all, in fact I feel like stomped sh*t...but, i know after a good night's rest tonight I will start feeling better tomorrow and better each day until next chemo! 4 founds of AC, followed by 2 rounds of T. I'm still getting fills. I'm currently at 550 cc's (! - but I was a full D cup before my surgery, so we're going big with these ones!), my next fill is this coming Wednesday. I get 100cc's at a time, so we're thinking I have 2,mayb 3 more fills to go. Today is a beautiful, fall-like day in Northern Indiana, blue skies with white fluffy clouds, temps in the low 70's, my best friend is on her way over to hang out with me & have a nice soak in the hot tub, which is soooo good for my body aches...I have pms right now too, so I'm super emotional, I think I need a good cleansing cry....hubby's stressing about bills, owns his own business so needing to be there as much as possible, but especially in these first few days after chemo I just can't do much of anything...but I am hanging in there, i'll start feeling better like i said around tomorrow or tuesday, and wednesday i get more boobs! Mom's doing very well, also, ever since her appt with the oncologist earlier this week & the news of her cancer being caught extremely early & such an excellend prognosis, it's like she has a new pep in her step, like she's taking a renewed interest & a new zest for life, which makes me SOOO happy to see!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Hi Heather I know what you
    Hi Heather I know what you mean I can't wait either to say I'm done with chemo. Boy what a day that will be. I just had my 4Th of 6 last Tues. Only two more. I get so tired of sitting in that chair for 3 and a half to 4 hours. Best wishes to ya Heather Take care Kay

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being halfway done!

Hugs, Jan
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Woo Hoo!
    Now the glass is half full! ;)

Hang in there! Almost there!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom