Sisters

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
In my new photo, you get to meet me and my 3 sisters. I have glasses. The sister who is 3rd from the left and next to me is the only one who had not had breast cancer. She just finished 5 yrs of preventive aromasin.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I picked you out immediately
    I picked you out immediately based on your previous photo. It's nice to meet your sisters, too. Thanks for sharing.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Cynthia
    I couldn't find your new pic. I have 3 sisters also. We will all be together Monday at my house for a picnic. I'll have my hubby take a pic and I'll post it. I'm the shortest and unfortunately the heaviest. 3 of us have/have had bc.
    Char
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Cynthia
    I couldn't find your new pic. I have 3 sisters also. We will all be together Monday at my house for a picnic. I'll have my hubby take a pic and I'll post it. I'm the shortest and unfortunately the heaviest. 3 of us have/have had bc.
    Char

C.C. .. You are all so Beautiful and full of love ...
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    MyTurnNow said:

I picked you out immediately
    I picked you out immediately based on your previous photo. It's nice to meet your sisters, too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Yes, I am the only
    Thanks. Yes, I am the only one with curly hair and glasses...sigh. The sis on the left is in N.O; the one to the right of me is in Seattle and the one on my far right (baby sis) is in San Diego.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I went to your expressions
    I went to your expressions page and couldn't see anything! :>(
    I'm doing something wrong. I wanna see too!
  • CypressCynthia
    Marcia527 said:

I went to your expressions
    I went to your expressions page and couldn't see anything! :>(
    I'm doing something wrong. I wanna see too!

Isn't it showing up by my
    Isn't it showing up by my name? If not, try hitting refresh button???
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729

Isn't it showing up by my
    Isn't it showing up by my name? If not, try hitting refresh button???

I see it now! I thought it
    I see it now! I thought it was on your expressions page! dummy me. You are all marvelous!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    How wonderful to have three
    How wonderful to have three sisters!! I have one and don't know what I would have done without her during this time. She has been a real trooper and a very big help to me. Stays with me for a week every time I have chemo.. Does all the driving and shopping everything. Love her lots. Take care all Kay
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Love the picture!
    Thanks for sharing your family picture. You all look wonderful. This proves that bc does not destroy us....we just fight back. Have a great weekend.
  • CypressCynthia

How wonderful to have three
    How wonderful to have three sisters!! I have one and don't know what I would have done without her during this time. She has been a real trooper and a very big help to me. Stays with me for a week every time I have chemo.. Does all the driving and shopping everything. Love her lots. Take care all Kay

Sisters can truly a
    Sisters can truly a blessing.

We grew up like litter mates--close in age. We bickered constantly--especially my little sis and me. I don't know how my parents stood us. Now, they are all my best friends--especially the one I fought with the most ;-)

I am glad I had the cancer first, because then the other 2 were able to catch it earlier and one has not had it at all. Hopefully, none of them will have the distant mets that I am dealing with now.

They are a lot of fun. We try and have a sister vacation once a year or so. Last one was in Palm Spring, CA. We've also gone to the Red Mountain Spa together in Utah. Where should we go next????
  • CypressCynthia
    cahjah75 said:

Cynthia
    Char

Wow that is too weird that 3
    Wow that is too weird that 3 of your 4 sisters have had bc also! Do you have a family history besides your sisters? My dad's family has lots of cancer, colon and breast, but we have so far been negative on genetic testing.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Love the pic
    Cynthia. I will post pic of myself and 3 sisters next week. I am the oldest and we are only 5 1/2 years apart. I look like my dad, one sister like my mom and who knows about the other 2. lol My 2nd to the youngest sister was the first dx with DCIS and after 9 years has to go for another biopsy for her other breast. She had rads and 5 years of Tamoxifen. The sister closest in age to me had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads, Arimidex for 5 years and is 8 years out. I had bilateral mastectomy in June (ILC) and just started treatment Aug 10. Each of us has a daughter who we are all worried about. My grandmother died of breast cancer when she was 62 and my aunt was dx at age 68 had mastectomy and is still going strong at 90! My mom and youngest sister both have had benign tumors removed and we all had fibrocystic breasts! I tested negative for the BRCA gene and my sister's dr has suggested that she be tested.
    Char
  • CypressCynthia
    cahjah75 said:

Love the pic
    Cynthia. I will post pic of myself and 3 sisters next week. I am the oldest and we are only 5 1/2 years apart. I look like my dad, one sister like my mom and who knows about the other 2. lol My 2nd to the youngest sister was the first dx with DCIS and after 9 years has to go for another biopsy for her other breast. She had rads and 5 years of Tamoxifen. The sister closest in age to me had a lumpectomy, chemo and rads, Arimidex for 5 years and is 8 years out. I had bilateral mastectomy in June (ILC) and just started treatment Aug 10. Each of us has a daughter who we are all worried about. My grandmother died of breast cancer when she was 62 and my aunt was dx at age 68 had mastectomy and is still going strong at 90! My mom and youngest sister both have had benign tumors removed and we all had fibrocystic breasts! I tested negative for the BRCA gene and my sister's dr has suggested that she be tested.
    Char

I can't wait to see the pix.
    I can't wait to see the pix. We'll have to keep in touch because it sounds like we have the same undiscovered gene. If I ever test positive (if they add new tests), I'll let you know and vice versa!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

I can't wait to see the pix.
    I can't wait to see the pix. We'll have to keep in touch because it sounds like we have the same undiscovered gene. If I ever test positive (if they add new tests), I'll let you know and vice versa!

Great pic
    I have 2 older sisters and like Kay couldn't have made it thru chemo without them. My sisters are a gift from God. They are my family, and my best friends.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Cynthia, great picture.
    Cynthia, great picture. Thanks for sharing it. My niece is getting married in Orlando later this month and all but one of my sisters plan to be there! We are scattered all over the US so this will be a major PARTY!