Guys I love bacon - Need advice

Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Guys I love bacon. Not cooked crisp but good greasy loose bacon. The scary old woman says I can’t have it because of the illeo bag.

Any of you other baggers out there eating bacon????

Kerry

Comments

• coolvdub
    coolvdub Member Posts: 408 Member
    Try it
    Kerry,

I don't have an ileo, but a colostomy on my right side. That being said I eat anything I want. Just make sure to chew it well and you will probably be o.k.

Don
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Loose bacon grease
    Yuck, Kerry! The "scary old woman" is likely trying to preserve your arteries although a nice BLT is sounding real good to me right at the moment;)

-Pat
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Kerry
    Right now is peak tomato season. It's not going to get any better than that. Something else that is good is peanut butter & bacon on toast. Especially after some anti-nausea medicine
    ;-)
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    PhillieG said:

Kerry
    Right now is peak tomato season. It's not going to get any better than that. Something else that is good is peanut butter & bacon on toast. Especially after some anti-nausea medicine
    ;-)

Kerry, As long as you chew
    Kerry, As long as you chew it up real good you can eat anything. Watch out for nuts though and lettuce, it tends to come out the way it went in.

Kathy
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    khl8 said:

Kerry, As long as you chew
    Kerry, As long as you chew it up real good you can eat anything. Watch out for nuts though and lettuce, it tends to come out the way it went in.

Kathy

Hot damn
    Hot damn – I be eating bacon tomorrow morning!!!!!!

Thanks guys
    Kerry
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Hey Kerry -

Ditto Phil and Kathy; eat anything, but chew the hell out of it.

It's not the food, it's the adhesions, and new twists that the ileum
    takes, that can cause large food pieces to become lodged where
    it once went through easily.

I think it was last month, that I ate two ears of corn on the cob,
    and I was in pain with an obstruction for three days. It was the
    first time in nearly four years since the surgery, that it's happened.
    But that's what happens if you don't chew well, like mom said to.

Drink at least 4oz water per hour to avoid dehydration, too.
    We Ileos are always on the cusp of dehydration, and once too far
    into it, a visit to the ER for an IV recharge will be in order..

Good health, and happy dumping.

John
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Soooooieeee!
    Enjoy!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Soooooieeee!
    Enjoy!

OR............
    you could just chew on a hogs **** for a while and just grab a bite of tomato every now and then...............sorry Kerry, I just had to go there......Love ya bud..... :)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Have bacon Kerry
    Have bacon ( tell her that may be is your last meal!). hahahahahahaha !
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    pepebcn said:

Have bacon Kerry
    Have bacon ( tell her that may be is your last meal!). hahahahahahaha !

Hmmmm, settle for turkey bacon! Pork Fat!!
    Sizzalean, do they still make that? I used to eat a few years back, now for the most part I stay away from it, unless I want a BLT!

My oncologist told me just the other day, stay away from fat........okay!
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

Hmmmm, settle for turkey bacon! Pork Fat!!
    Sizzalean, do they still make that? I used to eat a few years back, now for the most part I stay away from it, unless I want a BLT!

My oncologist told me just the other day, stay away from fat........okay!

Turkey bacon! Agh
    No way !
    Kerry it sound dangerous don't pay attention !!!hahahaha.
    Raquel don't get angry jus a joke!
  • Nana b
    pepebcn said:

Turkey bacon! Agh
    No way !
    Kerry it sound dangerous don't pay attention !!!hahahaha.
    Raquel don't get angry jus a joke!

lol
    Turkey Bacon is good!! It gets to the point where you eat bacon fat and go, ooogh! These days you get more fat in the bacon then meat, like Buzzard says, just put your mouth up to a pigs butt! Do you know that they are the dirties animals around, lay in mud, in their own feces, eat the feces, pork is not good for you, it's like eating catfish, and don't get me wrong, I can cook up a mean catfish! lmao
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

lol
    Turkey Bacon is good!! It gets to the point where you eat bacon fat and go, ooogh! These days you get more fat in the bacon then meat, like Buzzard says, just put your mouth up to a pigs butt! Do you know that they are the dirties animals around, lay in mud, in their own feces, eat the feces, pork is not good for you, it's like eating catfish, and don't get me wrong, I can cook up a mean catfish! lmao

Just try Spanish " jamon Serrano"
    300$ kilo but superb and healthy google it and see how healthy it is !
  • Nana b
    pepebcn said:

Just try Spanish " jamon Serrano"
    300$ kilo but superb and healthy google it and see how healthy it is !

Jamon Serrano vs Jamón Iberico
    Preparation

Fresh hams are trimmed and cleaned, then stacked and covered with salt for about two weeks in order to draw off excess moisture and preserve the meat from spoiling. The salt is then washed off and the hams are hung to dry for about six months. Finally, the hams are hung in a cool, dry place for six to eighteen months, depending on the climate, as well as the size and type of ham being cured. The drying sheds (secaderos) are usually built at higher elevations, which is why the ham is called mountain ham.
    [edit] Availability

The majority of Serrano hams are made from the "Landrace" breed of white pig and are not to be confused with the much more expensive and entirely different Jamón ibérico. These hams were known as a delicacy even in the days of the Roman Empire. Though not expensive in Spain and the European Union, duties imposed on imported meats and exchange rates makes these hams more costly outside the Union. Where available, the meat can usually be purchased sliced, in chunks, or as a complete, bone-in ham.

Serrano has TSG Status.[1]

A Slice of Paleta Ibérica

There are many producers of Spanish hams but the level of quality can be judged by the following:

* The type of pig

* The way the pig has been fed

* The part of the pig used to make the ham

* The way the ham is cured

The four major quality categories of cured ham are as follows, from highest to lowest quality:

* Jamón Iberico de Bellota: Free-range, acorn-fed Iberian pigs

* Jamón Iberico de Recebo: Acorn, pasture and compound-fed Iberian pigs

A regional variation of Jamón Serrano

* Jamón Iberico de Campo: (Sometimes just Jamón Iberico in short and also known as Jamón de Pata Negra). Compound-fed Iberian pigs. Pata negra (literally black hoof), which only accounts for about five percent of total ham production, is made from the Black Iberian Pig (cerdo ibérico). The best varieties of pata negra are range fed and fattened on acorns in cork oak groves along the southern border between Spain and Portugal. (see the two subcategories above)

* Jamón Serrano: (also known as Jamón Reserva, Jamón Curado and Jamón Extra). Compound-fed white pigs.

I's sure your serrano is better then our regular bacon
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

Preparation

Fresh hams are trimmed and cleaned, then stacked and covered with salt for about two weeks in order to draw off excess moisture and preserve the meat from spoiling. The salt is then washed off and the hams are hung to dry for about six months. Finally, the hams are hung in a cool, dry place for six to eighteen months, depending on the climate, as well as the size and type of ham being cured. The drying sheds (secaderos) are usually built at higher elevations, which is why the ham is called mountain ham.
    [edit] Availability

The majority of Serrano hams are made from the "Landrace" breed of white pig and are not to be confused with the much more expensive and entirely different Jamón ibérico. These hams were known as a delicacy even in the days of the Roman Empire. Though not expensive in Spain and the European Union, duties imposed on imported meats and exchange rates makes these hams more costly outside the Union. Where available, the meat can usually be purchased sliced, in chunks, or as a complete, bone-in ham.

There are many producers of Spanish hams but the level of quality can be judged by the following:

* The type of pig

The four major quality categories of cured ham are as follows, from highest to lowest quality:

* Jamón Iberico de Campo: (Sometimes just Jamón Iberico in short and also known as Jamón de Pata Negra). Compound-fed Iberian pigs. Pata negra (literally black hoof), which only accounts for about five percent of total ham production, is made from the Black Iberian Pig (cerdo ibérico). The best varieties of pata negra are range fed and fattened on acorns in cork oak groves along the southern border between Spain and Portugal. (see the two subcategories above)

* Jamón Serrano: (also known as Jamón Reserva, Jamón Curado and Jamón Extra). Compound-fed white pigs.

LOL
    Serrano or iberico doesn't matter both excelents!
    But love bacon with fried eggs and french fr. too!
    You are great!
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Nana b said:

Preparation

[edit] Availability

* The type of pig

G'day Nana
    You asked in a prev post on long term survivors If they thought they their diet had helped them live longer. My answer is yes. How? I simply don't worry about anything I eat. LLOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEbacon, love ham ,love steak,love fish,love grains,not keen on green stuff. If I like it I eat it,I just don't stress about it or feel guilty. The only thing I have given up is all alcohol ,it makes me feel unwell and I fall over enough without it. Cheers Ron.
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    PhillieG said:

Kerry
    ;-)

oh I would go for a grape
    oh I would go for a grape jelly and bacon sandwich on toast!

yummy
  • Nana b
    ron50 said:

G'day Nana
    You asked in a prev post on long term survivors If they thought they their diet had helped them live longer. My answer is yes. How? I simply don't worry about anything I eat. LLOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEbacon, love ham ,love steak,love fish,love grains,not keen on green stuff. If I like it I eat it,I just don't stress about it or feel guilty. The only thing I have given up is all alcohol ,it makes me feel unwell and I fall over enough without it. Cheers Ron.

lmao
    I want a steak!!! A juicy rib eye on some toasted bread, with grilled onions and mushrooms on top! Wash it down with a Merlot! Good to know Ron!!

oh.....With Crispy French Fries dipped in ketchup mixed with Tabasco, and tomato slices on the side.... That was my all time favorite!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Nana b said:

lol

Hog Raising
    Having been a farmer for a few years and having raised hogs, they are some of the cleanest animals you'll ever see, other then maybe a cat.
    They do NOT lay in their own feces, they will go to the corner of the pen and do their deeds and then settle back on their nice CLEAN straw. They DO NOT eat feces. They will however eat their own (cannibalistic things)dying or injured hogs. Other then that little fault they have (survival of the fittest works here). They are clean and quite delicious little animals.
    Winter Marie
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Nana b said:

lmao
    I want a steak!!! A juicy rib eye on some toasted bread, with grilled onions and mushrooms on top! Wash it down with a Merlot! Good to know Ron!!

oh.....With Crispy French Fries dipped in ketchup mixed with Tabasco, and tomato slices on the side.... That was my all time favorite!

Last Sunday
    I had a delicious "steak frites" at a wonderful nearby restaurant. I don't do that very often but last Sunday I did + thoroughly enjoyed it with a glass of Wolf Blass Chardonnay. Oh, + it had a wonderful sauce - it was a horseradish sauce which I asked for on the side, in case it was too spicy. No it wasn't; it was freakin' fantastic! I do eat red meat once or twice a week; I had low iron + now I don't.