Good Grief!!!

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Arghhhhhh! So I have my appointment with the surgeon today, and he is really steamed that it took three weeks from my last chemo to see him! He's also angry that my petscan and mri were scheduled two and three weeks after the end of chemo!! C'mon now, this is difficult enough to go through without an angry doctor. I told him these appointments were scheduled on the last day of chemo by HIS people. Surgery is imminent - within next seven to ten days. WAHHHHH! Don't want to do this! I need a cancer delete key. p.s. chemo really wasn't all that effective (again) He finally tells me he is not angry with me, but that didn't help much ;(

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Sorry Heidi.
    An irrate doctor is not good, even though you had nothing to do with it. My onc actually fired someone who really gave me a hard time on my first day of chemo. She still apologizes whenever I see her. I love my doctor, but her staff is not very good at all. Will send prayers your way. Sorry you will have to have surgery. Hang in there. Hugs, Jean
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Hang in there heidi...
    gosh I am sorry to hear the chemo hasn't been effective for you in this struggle with cancer, I wish there was some way I could help you. I offer my prayers, that I can do. I am sorry to hear your doctor was on the gruff side....................people ya can't live with em and ya just can't shoot em.....
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Surgeon's Temper Tantrum
    I think doctors don't realize when they express anger, we patients can feel it is directed at us. My onc. was really angry once about some tests I had; I felt scared, and this was on the phone with him--I can imagine how uncomfortable you were at the appt. It was very unnerving for me, so I can definitely empathize Heidi.

I am sorry you had to deal with the insensitive outburst from your surgeon on top of disappointing scan results. Your attitude is great: you kept your sense of humor and calmness in a difficult moment.

Has your onc. mentioned PARP inhibitors? Another TN poster has decided to participate...

Thank you for updating us, Heidi. Keeping you in my prayers.

Moopy

p.s. Cancer Delete key--I like that.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Surgeon's Temper Tantrum
    I think doctors don't realize when they express anger, we patients can feel it is directed at us. My onc. was really angry once about some tests I had; I felt scared, and this was on the phone with him--I can imagine how uncomfortable you were at the appt. It was very unnerving for me, so I can definitely empathize Heidi.

I am sorry you had to deal with the insensitive outburst from your surgeon on top of disappointing scan results. Your attitude is great: you kept your sense of humor and calmness in a difficult moment.

Has your onc. mentioned PARP inhibitors? Another TN poster has decided to participate...

Thank you for updating us, Heidi. Keeping you in my prayers.

Moopy

p.s. Cancer Delete key--I like that.

I like the delete key also,
    I like the delete key also, where can I find one.? surgeons can be testy fellows, but I am sorry with all this , you had to deal with his/her temper. not good. you will get through the surgery, let us know when.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    carkris said:

I like the delete key also,
    I like the delete key also, where can I find one.? surgeons can be testy fellows, but I am sorry with all this , you had to deal with his/her temper. not good. you will get through the surgery, let us know when.

uncomfortable feeling
    I know I've encountered a few 'temper tantrum' doctors myself. Doctors gotta love em.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I'm sorry
    you've had to deal with irate drs and not getting things done in a timely fashion. It sure doesn't help the stress level )-: I've been so fortunate to having the best care I could have hoped for from my gyn to surgeon to oncologist and all their staff. I'm hoping for your sake that the next few weeks go more smoothly. Sending cyber {{hugs}}
    Char