It's Been a Great Week!!!

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday was the 31st anniversary of the day that I married my best friend! Our sons and daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law to be took us out on Monday. We had a delicious dinner. Yesterday, my husband gave me a beautiful palm tree necklace with lots of sparkly diamonds. I love the beach & palm trees. I feel he went a little overboard, but he said he felt it wasn't enough after what I've been going through. I love him so much!!!!

Then today my son and daughter-in-law invited me to go along for their 3D/4D ultrasound. I got to see my precious Granddaughter. It was amazing to see her. She is due the end of October. I found out my daughter-in-law was pregnant right after I was diagnosed with bc. That has really kept me going. Hugs, Jean

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    awwww You are indeed very blessed to have .....
    such a good man to call your own!!! Congratulations on your baby grandaughter.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jean,
    How wonderful. A

Jean,
    How wonderful. A great guy, years of a great marriage, diamonds, and a new grandaughter. That is just the best set of happys I have heard in a long time.
    Stef
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    fauxma said:

Jean,
    How wonderful. A

Jean,
    How wonderful. A great guy, years of a great marriage, diamonds, and a new grandaughter. That is just the best set of happys I have heard in a long time.
    Stef

This HAS been a good week
    for you. I love hearing all your good news!!

xo
    Victoria
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    you deserve it!!
    Wow you DID have an awesome week Jean!!! First off, congrats on your anniversary & on the new granddaughter on the way. I've never seen one of the new 3d/4d ultrasounds, I bet that was quite an experience!
    And good taste hubby, the palm tree necklace sounds pretty! I love them too. My husband did that sneaky surprise thing to me too on ours, we went to jamaica right before i was diagnosed, and the trip was our anniversary gift so we had agreed earlier no gifts, then at dinner anniversary night he gave me a pretty silver & diamond skeleton key necklace. Sneaky sneaky husbands we have :) And your chemo's all done, it's all up from here sister!!
    *happiness & hugs for you!!*
    Heather
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Congrats!
    congratulations on your anniversary.....nothing better than being with your Best Friend! And congrats on that new grandaughter to come soon. You are blessed and we are all so happy for you! Life can be good.....thanks for sharing the good news.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    cavediver said:

Congrats!
    congratulations on your anniversary.....nothing better than being with your Best Friend! And congrats on that new grandaughter to come soon. You are blessed and we are all so happy for you! Life can be good.....thanks for sharing the good news.

What a Great Week!
    Best wishes on all of your blessings. Life is still good, isn't it?
    Suzanne
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

What a Great Week!
    Best wishes on all of your blessings. Life is still good, isn't it?
    Suzanne

thats what life is all
    thats what life is all about. Your Hubby sounds like a gem, congratulations on your anniversary and your new grandaughter
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    fauxma said:

Jean,
    How wonderful. A

Jean,
    Stef

Congrats on the new
    Congrats on the new granddaughter! And, I am so glad you have had such a great week. Sounds like your husband is a real keeper!

Enjoy the rest of the week and your weekend!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    wow what a great week you had! And well deserved I might add :-) Congrats on your anniversary and being able to see your new grandbaby on 3D is super! Your hubby indeed has good taste!

My hubby and I had been married for 35 years in January so in April we flew to Hawaii and spent 1 week cruising the islands. It was our first cruise and I loved it. I bought myself a pearl necklace and some island earrings. Then we flew to WA to visit my youngest sister & her husband who live on Widbey Island and spent a week with them. It was awesome! I came home and 4 days later my mom was in intensive care with a blood infection and 3 weeks later I was dx with bc.

On a happy note my son and daughter-in-law are expecting their 4th (a girl) Nov. 2!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Oh I am sooooo jealous! A
    Oh I am sooooo jealous! A granddaughter would be awesome. You must be so thrilled. And your hubby is a true keeper!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Aw Jean,
    I love hearing things like this it really warms my heart. Happy Anniversary. Wow, 31 years. That in it self is a great accomplishment now a days. Congratulations on you new grand baby. You are right it is a wonderful, wonderful week. And it will go on and on for you. Happy days!!