Some kind of cyst or growth in private part

Pinkpower
Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone else developed some kind of cyst or growth inside the vulva area? I have and Im furious to have to deal with another thing plus the fact that I still have not gotten my results from my Mammo and MRI. Waiting for my gyn dr office to open and see what they say.

Lupe

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    does it hurt? It could be a
    does it hurt? It could be a gland there are different kinds, some get swollen and tender others just get big until a point that they go away. if it persists, see your gyn.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    I have what the Dr. has
    I have what the Dr. has always called a skin tag there. It is bigger than what you see like in the neck area or I have a few small one in the under arm area. I have seen the same Dr. for years and this has been there a long time with no change and he watches it. It does not bother me in any way, it is just there. It is just kinda a floppy piece of skin, if that makes sense. Not sure if this will help any, kinda hard to explain. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    carkris said:

does it hurt? It could be a
    does it hurt? It could be a gland there are different kinds, some get swollen and tender others just get big until a point that they go away. if it persists, see your gyn.

It doesnt hurt, just feels
    It doesnt hurt, just feels sore if I touch it of course. I already made an appt with my gyn for tomorrow.
  • carkris

I have what the Dr. has
    I have what the Dr. has always called a skin tag there. It is bigger than what you see like in the neck area or I have a few small one in the under arm area. I have seen the same Dr. for years and this has been there a long time with no change and he watches it. It does not bother me in any way, it is just there. It is just kinda a floppy piece of skin, if that makes sense. Not sure if this will help any, kinda hard to explain. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

its prob a gland of some
    its prob a gland of some sort, oil or otherwise. try warm soaks, cant hurt. usually they get more sore then pop (I know sounds gross) and go away.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    carkris said:

its prob a gland of some
    its prob a gland of some sort, oil or otherwise. try warm soaks, cant hurt. usually they get more sore then pop (I know sounds gross) and go away.

Lupe, I have had ingrown hairs in that area
    Don't know if yours is in a place where there is hair growth--but I've had pimple-like lesions from time to time--usually in a place where there is hair and they've been ingrown hairs. I have had a few on the smooth skin--which went away. They were sore like a pimple. I put hot compresses on them and in a few days they subsided.

I'm sure yours are either glands or just a transient sore that will subside. You'll feel better when you get it checked out.

Hugs, Renee
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    missrenee said:

Lupe, I have had ingrown hairs in that area
    Don't know if yours is in a place where there is hair growth--but I've had pimple-like lesions from time to time--usually in a place where there is hair and they've been ingrown hairs. I have had a few on the smooth skin--which went away. They were sore like a pimple. I put hot compresses on them and in a few days they subsided.

I'm sure yours are either glands or just a transient sore that will subside. You'll feel better when you get it checked out.

Hugs, Renee

Yup, have had those
    and they can hurt. Warm compresses are the best. Joining the others in hoping it's nothing more than errant "thing" that goes away on it's own.

survives
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Pinkpower said:

It doesnt hurt, just feels
    It doesnt hurt, just feels sore if I touch it of course. I already made an appt with my gyn for tomorrow.

I don't know what it might
    I don't know what it might be. Just glad to see that you have an appointment tomorrow to see your gyno.

Praying to read of good results on your other tests. Post when you know!

Sue :)
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    I had one when my counts were low
    I had a big honking one in my groin area. Compresses didn't work so I sucked it up and went to the ER. They had to lance it and pack it and give me an iv of penicillin. Sent me home w/antibiotics & called me the next day to change antibiotics as it was resistant to the first one.
    They wanted me to come back in 2 days to get the packing out. Hell no! got it out myself.

My advise, check it out asap. Maybe I wouldn't have had to get it lanced if I had checked it out sooner, but it's not something you get all excited about going to the ER for. Lancing hurt like hell.

Best of luck, cindy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    survives said:

Yup, have had those
    and they can hurt. Warm compresses are the best. Joining the others in hoping it's nothing more than errant "thing" that goes away on it's own.

survives

Glad to here that you got an
    Glad to here that you got an appointment with your gyn. This can be many things and should be looked at for sure. Most are benign and easily treated but it is best to get it taken care of. Let us know as soon as you find out and warm compresses or a soaking in a warm tub probably can't hurt. Good thoughts that it is nothing. Also hope you hear about your mammo soon. Hate the wait.
    Stef
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Lupe
    glad you were able to get an appt with gyn. Better to find out from him/her as to what is really is and how to treat it. Certainly annoying! Best of luck with getting it healed :-0
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Lupe,
    Hope it isn't anything serious. Luckily you can see your gyn tomorrow before the long weekend. Let us know how you make out. Hug, Jean
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Lupe,
    Hope it isn't anything serious. Luckily you can see your gyn tomorrow before the long weekend. Let us know how you make out. Hug, Jean

Hi Lupe
    I am glad that you are going to see your gynecologist tomorrow. Good luck with your visit. Let us know, we will be thinking about you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Hi Lupe
    I am glad that you are going to see your gynecologist tomorrow. Good luck with your visit. Let us know, we will be thinking about you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Did you have chemo?
    If so it is your bodies way of ridding itself of the chemo toxins. It is a boil. You may have several come up over time. Sometimes those things can hurt. Keep it clean because it can lead to staff if not kept clean.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Did you have chemo?
    If so it is your bodies way of ridding itself of the chemo toxins. It is a boil. You may have several come up over time. Sometimes those things can hurt. Keep it clean because it can lead to staff if not kept clean.

PinkPower .. Any update ...
    Breast cancer .. the gift that keeps on giving ... No lie.

Remember .. We have Breast Cancer, breast cancer does not have US.

Strength and Courage:

Vicki Sam
  • scarlett1976
    scarlett1976 Member Posts: 1
    hai lupe ..i guess im having
    hai lupe ..i guess im having a same problem with you but im afraid to see a doctor ..
    hows the result from the doctor ?
  • carkris

hai lupe ..i guess im having a same problem with you but im afraid to see a doctor ..

she may post but she had a
    she may post but she had a biopsy of it and it was ok.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Hi scarlet
    do not be afraid to see a doctor. Please make an appointment on Monday.