It's all good

Katz77
Katz77 Member Posts: 598
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will have my LAST treatment of herceptin tomorrow at 2:00pm!!!!!! I'm soo happy. I will still go in once a month to have port flushed, but wont have to sit in that chair but just a few minutes instead of few hrs.
The new normal justs gets better and better. Although there is a questionable blood work. It's the B-12. Its way, way high. I stopped taking it 2 weeks ago, so I expect I'll have it tested again tomorrow. I don't think its an issue. My cardiologist called to let me know. Thought that was nice of him.
Love and prayers to everyone, Katz

Comments

• Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    So happy for you Katz! It's
    So happy for you Katz! It's nice when it all starts coming to an end. That was nice of your cardiologist!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Soooo Happy for
    Soooo Happy for you.

Hugs

Donna
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Yay! No more Herceptin
    Good for you Katz. Just in time to celebrate this holiday weekend. Enjoy!
  • Katz77
    Jean 0609 said:

Yay! No more Herceptin
    Good for you Katz. Just in time to celebrate this holiday weekend. Enjoy!

Funny
    I will be celebrating def., But I work in surgery and we already have a case to do on Sat. I'm on call the whole weekend, but nothing will deflate the wind in my sails. Lol Thanks for being happy for me. Katz
  • PatB01
    PatB01 Member Posts: 20
    Whoo Hoo - so happy for you!
    Whoo Hoo - so happy for you! :)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Congrats Katz
    on finishing Herceptin. Although you're scheduled to work this weekend take time for yourself to celebrate :-)
    {{hugs}} Char
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    PatB01 said:

Whoo Hoo - so happy for you!
    Whoo Hoo - so happy for you! :)

congrats Katz a long road,
    congrats Katz a long road, you should celebrate and be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Glad you'll be finished!
    I remember those hours can drag sitting there. Hopefully, that blood work-up will come out normal.

Love and prayers back at you!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    sea60 said:

Glad you'll be finished!
    I remember those hours can drag sitting there. Hopefully, that blood work-up will come out normal.

Love and prayers back at you!

So happy you're done
    Wishing you the best of luck, prayers and positive energy.

Hugs, Renee
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    missrenee said:

So happy you're done
    Wishing you the best of luck, prayers and positive energy.

Hugs, Renee

So happy this is coming to
    So happy this is coming to an end and before you know the port will be gone too.
    Stef
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Congrats Katz
    SO happy for you! Soon the port will be gone also. Have a great weekend.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Congrats Katz
    SO happy for you! Soon the port will be gone also. Have a great weekend.

B12?????
    My onc said the body will wash it right out if you have too much! Weird.
    I got rid of my port within one week of my last chemo with my onc blessing. Couldn't imagine going back in there every month...
  • Katz77
    Mama G said:

B12?????
    My onc said the body will wash it right out if you have too much! Weird.
    I got rid of my port within one week of my last chemo with my onc blessing. Couldn't imagine going back in there every month...

B-12 and my port
    Well it's done. No more herceptin. Yeaaaa! Buttt, I'm keeping my port a while longer. Very high risk for return and I had a punctured lung trying to get it in. There was no reason for it not to slide right in. The only thing is I work in surgery and w this surgeon, so guess it was cuz I was an employee. lol Main reason of course is the return. I feel like it is my lucky charm at this point. Thanks to all for ur well wishes. Heres to living the new normal. Hugs Katz
    P.S. I'll have my flushes around every 5-6 weeks. Not to bad. Work right upstairs.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Katz77 said:

B-12 and my port
    Well it's done. No more herceptin. Yeaaaa! Buttt, I'm keeping my port a while longer. Very high risk for return and I had a punctured lung trying to get it in. There was no reason for it not to slide right in. The only thing is I work in surgery and w this surgeon, so guess it was cuz I was an employee. lol Main reason of course is the return. I feel like it is my lucky charm at this point. Thanks to all for ur well wishes. Heres to living the new normal. Hugs Katz
    P.S. I'll have my flushes around every 5-6 weeks. Not to bad. Work right upstairs.

Katz77 getting back to Normal .. 1 day at a time
    Strange, right? Congratultions .. job well done. You consider your port your lucky charm - that's great! Next flush, 5 to 6 weeks - what to do with yourself? Find something fun and enteraining -

Enjoy the freedom of your new life :-)

Vicki Sam