New Doc Today

Nat1000
Nat1000 Member Posts: 40
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning everybody,

Today I had my 4th chemo, & I got me a new doctor! I'm so happy, & love my new doctor. It turns out that he was the one on call, that 1st night I called in about my mouth sores. I gave my old doc another chance yesterday, but she lost out miserably. So on my way out the chemo room, I saw this man & started talking to him. I told him who I wanted to change doctors to, & asked if it would be a big deal, were as he said, "that's me, I'll be happy to be your doctor, & you don't have to say anything to your old doc, I'll take care of everything." Do you believe it, how great was that? Now I'm back to my normal hopeful self.

People who read one of my post, do you remember me mentioning the 29yr. old who had a double mastectomy,& it went to her lungs, well yesterday she found out that it's gone to her blood also. So will all of you please pray for her. God Bless her, & all of you!
Nat

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    It seems you have a Dr who
    It seems you have a Dr who is a right fit for you! HOORAY! It is really important to feel confortable and confidant and a prioroity when you see your doctor!Good for you for voicing your concerns, and to the new dr for stepping up to the plate.

On the situation wih the 29 year old? I am extremely saddened by this news. Of course as soon as the sisterhood hears of this she will be on multiple prayer lists and positive thoughts, courage and strength will be sent to her. (((((HUGS)))) to her!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Hi Nat
    Glad to see you again! So glad you got a new Dr, am very happy you are feeling better.How are the mouth sores and pain you was having? Doing better I hope. I really feel bad about your friend that breaks my heart. She is in my prayers and thoughts. Take care and keep in touch. Kay
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Hi Nat
    Glad to see you again! So glad you got a new Dr, am very happy you are feeling better.How are the mouth sores and pain you was having? Doing better I hope. I really feel bad about your friend that breaks my heart. She is in my prayers and thoughts. Take care and keep in touch. Kay

So glad you now have a doctor you are comfortable with.
    That is so, so important. I absolutely love my oncologist. She is just the type of person I need--young and up on all the current treatments, gives me all the info I need, is compassionate and truly listens to all my questions and concerns and reassures me when I'm scared. The last time I saw her, she said to come in whenever I needed to--even if I just needed to talk (and it didn't have to be about cancer). She's a doc who really cares.

Glad you have that now too!

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Nat
    so happy the transition to the new dr was so easy :-) On the flip side I'm saddened by the news of your friend. How sad! She & you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    [[hugs}} Char
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    cahjah75 said:

Nat
    so happy the transition to the new dr was so easy :-) On the flip side I'm saddened by the news of your friend. How sad! She & you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    [[hugs}} Char

Glad to read that you really
    Glad to read that you really like your new doctor! That means so much to like them and to trust them. You have really changed your attitude, which is good!

So sorry about the 29 year old. Seems like so many recurrences anymore, for the young and the older bc sisters.

Hang in there!

Hugs, Megan
  • Nat1000

Hi Nat

Kay
    Hi Kay,
    When I skipped one treatment, they got well. But I had chemo Tues.,& I did what the nice people here told me to do (chewed on ice)all during the treatment & I kept eating it until I went to bed. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! That poor girl I told you about, went on & on about how much she loved her doc, so I picked him. And I really like him.

Today I had to get that day after shot, & my son took me. It was the 1st time he'd see me after hearing about the cancer. Anyway he was very sweet, & we even went for those delicious frozen coffee drinks from Starbucks after my shot. I asked him could we go get a treat since I was a good girl while getting my shot, like I always did to you after you had to get one. Today was a great day! And thanks for praying for Liz.
    Nat
  • Nat1000
    Megan M said:

Glad to read that you really
    Glad to read that you really like your new doctor! That means so much to like them and to trust them. You have really changed your attitude, which is good!

So sorry about the 29 year old. Seems like so many recurrences anymore, for the young and the older bc sisters.

Hang in there!

Hugs, Megan

Thank you ALL
    Thanks for all of your thoughts, and prayers. I have only talked to my sick friend (Liz) twice, but I felt an instant connection. I think & pray for her at least 6times a day, & I didn't even find out her name until Tues. Thanks again
    Nat
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Oh Nat I am pleased that you have a new doctor that you are comfortable with as that is such an important part of treatment. Isn't it wonderful when things fall into place so nicely!

In regards to your young friend that has cancer I will be keeping her in my prayers. Hugs to you.

RE
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    RE said:

:-)
    Oh Nat I am pleased that you have a new doctor that you are comfortable with as that is such an important part of treatment. Isn't it wonderful when things fall into place so nicely!

In regards to your young friend that has cancer I will be keeping her in my prayers. Hugs to you.

RE

Nat, so glad your happy with
    Nat, so glad your happy with your new doc, its so important to feel you can trust your onc.I love my doc, he is great and was also recommended to my by a friend. Praying for the young lady Liz. So sorry to hear about her.

Lupe