Here comes the hair...

rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I have gone back to work and it's back to the norm. Remember I finished chemo May 7th and I finished rads in mid July. I still have my expander and port and will find out when I can have the expander surgery and port removed next week. Anyway, you know I couldn't wait for my hair to grow back. Then, when I went back to work on August 4th (I'm a teacher)I was roasting under that wig. So, I said Septemer 7th when I went back to work after Labor Day I would leave the wig at home...well I couldn't wait. I lost that wig about 2 weeks ago when my husband cleaned up my sideburns and taped me. My hair is coming back evenly and it's nice. It's a short haircut and people that don't know me really like my "good hair" (LOL)! I have received alot of compliments, but some kids...Anyhow, to say the least, the kids don't ask me anymore questions. I explained that I took a medicine that made my hair come out and now it's growing back. I actually dare people to say something because I've been ready to snap! (After what I've been through too) I guess I've been home too long and welcome some drama, LOL!

rene9

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'll bet it looks really cute!
    Is it growing back curly? It seems so many have the "new" growth come in curly. Ugh...I remember how hot my head was with that wig. It was nice to finally be free of it.

Have a great school year Rene! Thank you for what you do. :D

Blessings & hugs,

Sylvia
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    glad your hair is coming back. I too hate wigs. They're much too hot for me.I bought cotton knit hats and hairbands. Glad your school year is off to a good start!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • rene9
    cahjah75 said:

glad your hair is coming back. I too hate wigs. They're much too hot for me.I bought cotton knit hats and hairbands. Glad your school year is off to a good start!
    {{hugs}} Char

Hi-
    It was straight but as it grows it is getting really wavy and curly. I don't care if it grows a flower at the end...it's growing and I love it. It is coming back darker, like black and my gray strands are peaking through like they were before...I'll get highlights when I can. I've only tried them once, so I'll definitely get them when I can. Yes, the wigs are history...I don't want anything on my head...Thatnks for wishing me a good year. I've definitely learned to work smater and not harder...

Rene9
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    rene9 said:

Hi-
    It was straight but as it grows it is getting really wavy and curly. I don't care if it grows a flower at the end...it's growing and I love it. It is coming back darker, like black and my gray strands are peaking through like they were before...I'll get highlights when I can. I've only tried them once, so I'll definitely get them when I can. Yes, the wigs are history...I don't want anything on my head...Thatnks for wishing me a good year. I've definitely learned to work smater and not harder...

Rene9

LMAO... I too dont care how
    LMAO... I too dont care how it grows back, Im just glad it is. If it gets too curly or unruly I can always use a flat iron!! Happy for your new hair, Congrats on going free (Naked)

Lupe
  • rene9
    Pinkpower said:

LMAO... I too dont care how
    LMAO... I too dont care how it grows back, Im just glad it is. If it gets too curly or unruly I can always use a flat iron!! Happy for your new hair, Congrats on going free (Naked)

Lupe

I know right!
    I know right! I am really starting to love my new "do" but I am going to let it continue to grow. Now, people are looking and asking what I have in my hair and I tell them no chemicals...LOLO!

rene9
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    rene9 said:

I know right!
    I know right! I am really starting to love my new "do" but I am going to let it continue to grow. Now, people are looking and asking what I have in my hair and I tell them no chemicals...LOLO!

rene9

Ladies .. be careful for what we wish .. I too have hair
    happy, excited .. beaming with joy .. several months later, and 1 more inch of hair - I got bored as my hair was not growning in as quickly as I was lead to believe - so I started experminting .. first with flat irons's - then color .. oooopppppppsssy, my new fresh virgin hair turned 'Lucille Ball' red - semi permanent color - dye. I hate the color, as my professional hair dresser has to cover it with dark assss brown every 6 to 8 weeks - . Big Mistake on my part ---

Happy with my hair growth, but not the 'red' color. Henna Hair coloring would be my option of choice if I had to do it all again.

Enjoy your new flowing 'locks'

Vicki Sam
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    VickiSam said:

Ladies .. be careful for what we wish .. I too have hair
    happy, excited .. beaming with joy .. several months later, and 1 more inch of hair - I got bored as my hair was not growning in as quickly as I was lead to believe - so I started experminting .. first with flat irons's - then color .. oooopppppppsssy, my new fresh virgin hair turned 'Lucille Ball' red - semi permanent color - dye. I hate the color, as my professional hair dresser has to cover it with dark assss brown every 6 to 8 weeks - . Big Mistake on my part ---

Happy with my hair growth, but not the 'red' color. Henna Hair coloring would be my option of choice if I had to do it all again.

Enjoy your new flowing 'locks'

Vicki Sam

VickiSam,
    Your hair looked great on the pictures from the Southern California reunion!!!!!