Well it is official. I am retired.

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a wonderful luncheon and lots of goodies and food. I have never been hugged so many times. They even gave me a congratulatory memo signed by President Obama. My husband was there of course and they even gave him a big thank you memo too for supporting me through out my career. They almost made me cry twice but I got through it all, no tears.

Hugs

Donna

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    CONGRATULATIONS DONNA!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day and it sounds like you will be missed? When do you leave on your trip. I remember you saying you were coming to Salisbury, MD. They have a storm watch until Friday on the eastern shore due to hurricane Fred. Be safe. Hugs, Jean
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Jean 0609 said:

CONGRATULATIONS DONNA!
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day and it sounds like you will be missed? When do you leave on your trip. I remember you saying you were coming to Salisbury, MD. They have a storm watch until Friday on the eastern shore due to hurricane Fred. Be safe. Hugs, Jean

We start our vacation on
    We start our vacation on Mon. Don't expect to be in Salisbury until around the 17th of Sep. Hopefully no storms will be around then.

Hugs

Donna
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

We start our vacation on
    We start our vacation on Mon. Don't expect to be in Salisbury until around the 17th of Sep. Hopefully no storms will be around then.

Hugs

Donna

Congratulations
    Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy your trip and have a great time. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Congrats Donna
    on your retirement. Mine came 3 years ago because of disability. Enjoy your free time and your upcoming trip!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Nice!
    Vacation at the heels of retirement.

Congrats and have a blast on your vacation.

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sea60 said:

Nice!
    Vacation at the heels of retirement.

Congrats and have a blast on your vacation.

Blessings and hugs,

Sylvia

wonderful ! enjoy your
    wonderful ! enjoy your vacation, you certainly deserve it. I am glad you got the appreciation you deserve!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    wow!!!!!
    wow!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS~~~it sounds as if you had a wonderful day! I love that you have something signed by our President~ what a treasure!

I don't know how you kept from crying; I cry at just about anything!

I am sure they will miss you at work, but woot woot!!! You have a new life to get busy with!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    chenheart said:

wow!!!!!
    wow!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS~~~it sounds as if you had a wonderful day! I love that you have something signed by our President~ what a treasure!

I don't know how you kept from crying; I cry at just about anything!

I am sure they will miss you at work, but woot woot!!! You have a new life to get busy with!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Congrats on your retirement
    Congrats on your retirement Donna! And, a vacation too? That is so great!

Enjoy your time now and have a great vacation!

As for the autograph from whats his name, maybe you could use it to start a fire? Kidding

Hugs, Megan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Congratulations. May you
    Congratulations. May you have many happy days ahead! xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Congratulations. May you
    Congratulations. May you have many happy days ahead! xoxoxoxo Lynn

How lovely
    retirement and a vacation. Wonderful!!

Enjoy,
    Victoria
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    It sounds like they gave you
    It sounds like they gave you a grand retirement party! How wonderful to be appreciated and recognized for all your years of service. Congratulations to You! I wish you the best of luck as you begin a new venture in your life.
    BL
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

It sounds like they gave you
    It sounds like they gave you a grand retirement party! How wonderful to be appreciated and recognized for all your years of service. Congratulations to You! I wish you the best of luck as you begin a new venture in your life.
    BL

Congratulations on your retirement, Donna
    Sounds like a bunch of people where you worked will miss you---Oh, well!!!

Enjoy your vacation--you sure do deserve it.

Hugs, Renee
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    SWEET!
    What a sweet day, and how wonderful that your husband could be there with you as well. Enjoy your retirement Donna, sounds like you already have things int eh works.

Hugs,

RE
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    RE said:

SWEET!
    What a sweet day, and how wonderful that your husband could be there with you as well. Enjoy your retirement Donna, sounds like you already have things int eh works.

Hugs,

RE

Congratulations Donna!
    Enjoy your free time and interesting vacations!
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

Congratulations Donna!
    Enjoy your free time and interesting vacations!
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Congrats Donna, enjoy and
    Congrats Donna, enjoy and explore new horizons.
    Stef
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Congratulations Donna!!!!
    Congratulations Donna!!!! Enjoy your vacation and your retirement Wow!! Fun fun fun. You certainly deserve it. Look forward to hearing about it. Take care Kay
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Congratulations Donna!!!!
    Congratulations Donna!!!! Enjoy your vacation and your retirement Wow!! Fun fun fun. You certainly deserve it. Look forward to hearing about it. Take care Kay

I'm so jealous
    2 more years for me. Looking forward to the day I can sleep in and plan some traveling.
    If you come down to south Florida, look me up! We're in Sebastian, about 60 miles south of the cape. Have a wonderful retirement! Enjoy every single day!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Have a good time! My sister
    Have a good time! My sister retired and said now she doesn't know how she used to have time to work! She is so busy doing the things she enjoys.
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    CONGRATULATION DONNA. Enjoy
    CONGRATULATION DONNA. Enjoy your retirement. What a honor to get the memo signed by President Obama. That's GREAT!
    Sparkle
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    sparkle1 said:

CONGRATULATION DONNA. Enjoy
    CONGRATULATION DONNA. Enjoy your retirement. What a honor to get the memo signed by President Obama. That's GREAT!
    Sparkle

Donna, a signed document by our President - Cherished by your
    co workers, like we Warriors here at ACS cherish you as well. Congradulations, Donna! I like so many others would of been crying, with black mascara running down my face! Are you packed and ready for your vacation? What type of plans do you have for yourself once your return from vacation? Building another hard drive from scratch ? I am in awe of your knowledge, girl.

Donna - enjoy the great outdoors while on vacation .. We will be thinking of you, and again Congratulations on retirement -)))

Vicki Sam