mom is not good

melo72
melo72 Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Dear all,
I have posted sometimes here but everyday I read all and always has been usefull for me as a care giver of my mom to learn something from you.
After 3 years and 7 months of fighting with the beast now she is not good ,even she couldn't tolarate to have Xeloda+Avastine and the Onco suspended the pills.she doesn't eat,drink and has confusion.
she sleeps so much and just I pray for her not to suffer more than this...

Melody

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Melody,
    I am so sorry to hear that your mom is not well. I wish I could take all your pain away. It's hard to see the ones we love fight this horrible disease but I know that with you by her side it's comforting. Have you thought of having hopsice come in and help. I've read many post that have mentioned that hospice has been a godsend. You and your mother will be in my thoughts -Melissa
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    So sorry
    Being a caregiver requires great strength and courage. Your Mom is lucky to have you by her side.

As much as we wish for it to be different, there comes a time in everyone's life when it becomes difficult to fight.

Hospice can be of help to not only her but to you. It doesn't mean either of you should give up, but they can make sure that she is not in pain and take over some of the personal care which you must be giving her.

Prayers for you both during this dificlut time.

Marie who loves kitties
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    I'm sorry your mom isn't
    I'm sorry your mom isn't doing well. Both of you will be in my prayers.

Sheri
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Melody
    I am so sorry to hear this.
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Praying
    Dear Melody and Family,

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. Will be praying for your family. Hopefully hospice can be a blessing to you.

Big Hugs and Prayers,

Debbie
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Praying
    Dear Melody and Family,

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well. Will be praying for your family. Hopefully hospice can be a blessing to you.

Big Hugs and Prayers,

Debbie

Hugs
    I do hope she gets better. You know when I was on chemo, I made sure that I got out of the bed even if I only made it to the couch. For me, it was so important to get up and make myself feel alive. Going to work helped keep me going. I don't know how bad your Mom is but I hope that it's not too serious. Maybe, helping her by reading to her, conversing, keeping her cool, and just trying to get her as active as possible.

I know you must be tired and feeling stress yourself, please remember to take care of you too.

Hugs!!
  • melo72
    melo72 Member Posts: 36
    Nana b said:

Hugs
    I do hope she gets better. You know when I was on chemo, I made sure that I got out of the bed even if I only made it to the couch. For me, it was so important to get up and make myself feel alive. Going to work helped keep me going. I don't know how bad your Mom is but I hope that it's not too serious. Maybe, helping her by reading to her, conversing, keeping her cool, and just trying to get her as active as possible.

I know you must be tired and feeling stress yourself, please remember to take care of you too.

Hugs!!

Dear All,Thank you for all
    Dear All,

Thank you for all your prayers and supports,always Donna was the first person who answered to my posts:(
    I know that she is in a better place now.

We try to give her more calm with staying with her and talking about the good things.She has confusion and this is painful for us.
    She is not in pain and sleeps so much,hope that would be in peace untill the end.

hugs
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    melo72 said:

Dear All,Thank you for all
    Dear All,

Thank you for all your prayers and supports,always Donna was the first person who answered to my posts:(
    I know that she is in a better place now.

We try to give her more calm with staying with her and talking about the good things.She has confusion and this is painful for us.
    She is not in pain and sleeps so much,hope that would be in peace untill the end.

hugs

Hugs
    Thinking of you and your mom. Sonia