Update on....... Everything!!

idlehunters
idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello to my semi family!!!

I have missed you all and will try to play catch up on the posts!. It has indeed been a VERY busy week.

MONDAY - Went to oral surgeon and had back tooth removed. Chemo had just destroyed it and when the cap came off..the tooth fell apart and had to be dug out. I was so numb I didn't feel a thing...except the pressure but the cracking and breaking of tooth pieces made me sick..yuk! So glad thats over and not much pain afterwards.

TUESDAY - 1st day of Cyberknife. It takes 2.5 hours at each session counting set-up time. I watched a movie in a ceiling screen during the whole procedure. Time flew by until the last 30 minutes when I started getting a backache.... then I could not wait for it to get done. Afterwards there was no pain..no nothing... it was wierd.. I kept thinking...did they REALLY do something??? I mean you see no radiation beams like I "thought" you might...just hear clicking noises..strange.

Wednesday - 2nd day of Cyberknife.... back hurting after an hour of laying on hard table....movement must be kept to nothing. The area where I broke my back last year was having shooting pains. It finally got to the point of tears.... I cried.... but had to do so with no excess breathing or panting or movement..man, that sucked. So I just layed there and the tears streamed from my eyes and snot ran from my nose but I could not move my arms to wipe either... I was a mess. So when it was all over that day I had a talk with doc and he gave me Vicoden for the next day for my back. I was so scared to take them.... for those of you who know my past with pain pills.... you know why. Doc assured me I would only be taking 4 pills and NO addiction would happen so I agreed to take them.

Thursday - 3rd day of Cyberknife.... took my pain pill before coming in for treatment. When we arrived we were told the Cyberknife machine was not functioning properly so they had to cancel my treatment that day. Dang... couldn't they have called BEFORE i took a pill i didn't need??? Oh well... so we rescheduled that day for Monday...today.

It was kind of a relief not to have treatment Thursday since I started cooking for my daughters graduation party that night. Party not till saturday but over 100 coming and LOTS of food needed.

Friday - that was then my 3rd Cyberknife treatment since Thursday was cancelled. Took my pain pill and that day was ok. By this time the only side effect I am having is the poops. Pooping out all the dead cancer cells...YAY!

from the time I got home from treatment Friday until 2am I spent cooking and preparing for the party. My 2 daughters and several friends came by and helped out. Thank God for them. No way I could have done all that myself...no way! After preparing 125 pieces of fried chicken, 60 brats, 300 jello shots, 8 gallons of vodka/lemonade, 160 party wieners, 350 barbq meatballs, 15 side dishes, 6 desserts, .... I was beat!!!!

Saturday - Graduation Party was for my youngest daughter who just completed Nursing School and has accepted a position at a local hospital in Labor & Delivery... which is her passion. Party started at 1pm with swimming, fishing .... MANY nice fish were caught!... Badmitton, washers. 3 ice cold kegs of BudLight...YUMMMMMMM!!! Many, many guests came and just kept coming thru the course of the night. The DJ started playing at 6pm and oh yeah... I was out there for several dances shaking my booty! I had to show these 25 year olds how that stuff is done!!! late in the night I did notice a few of the men had lost their swim trunks and were naked in my pool and hot tub.... YES..I did look...A LOT..okay!!! man, how could you not???? The party ended around 3am and boy was I glad. I have never wore a wig for that many hours and all I wanted to do was take my bald A$$ to bed.

Sunday - Woke up feeling 90 years old. I had sore muscles I didn't even know I had.... It was all that dancing...woke those babies up...dang!!! My feet & legs were just not working so walking was SLOW...then my back was very sore from the Cyberknife and my head was raw from that wig rubbing it for 14 friggin hours....then I looked outside..OMG!..looked like WW2 out there...what a mess!!! Luckily many had camped out and I got their butts up and we all cleaned house. Party was a huge success!!

Monday- Went today for my 4th and last Cyberknife treatment. YAY!!! It appears that the Cyberknife was successful in eliminating the tumor BUT that will be inconclusive until a PET/CT is done in 30 days. All in all, the doc was very satisfied thus far. I got the thumbs up..YAY!! I see my Onc in 3 weeks and we will decide then what the future holds. Previous talks included 2 more chemo sessions... and then maintenance chemo. BUT... I have been looking into other options for treatment and may begin a new journey for treatments. that will be another thread.

For now... I am extremely satisfied with the Cyberknife, I feel really good physically...other than soreness from activities and time will heal that.Mentally, I am in a good place as well.

Thank you to all of you who have been inquiring about me and my Cyberknife outcome. It truly feels good to know you have friends "family" out there that got your back. I love you all.

Jennie

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Jennie
    Whoa, a lot of news there. How fantastic the party you threw for your daughter sounded. Good Mom you are.
    Congrats on the cyberknife going so smoothly.
    So glad to hear all is going well.
    Now go rest up after all that partying!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Jennie - You f#@&ing ROCK!!!
    Jennie - You f#@&ing ROCK!!! I'm so glad to hear that Cyberknife went well. Sorry you were in pain, but It's over chick!!!! I want an invite to your next party. It's so great to hear from you. Rock on!!!
    Roger
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Amazing!
    I am thrilled your Cyberknife procedures seemed to go so well, but I can't imagine laying still for so long while in pain. You are really brave and strong, Jennie!

But to do all of that for a party that lasted into the wee hours! Wow, your daughter is so veery lucky to have you!a. Tell her congrats for me on her graduation. I am in awe of nurses and what they do!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • idlehunters

Jennie
    Whoa, a lot of news there. How fantastic the party you threw for your daughter sounded. Good Mom you are.
    Congrats on the cyberknife going so smoothly.
    So glad to hear all is going well.
    Now go rest up after all that partying!!!!
    Winter Marie

Winter Marie
    Thanks for the "Good Mom" compliment and the well wishes!!! Also, I know you were checking on me while I was away...Thank you for that Marie... really. I will definately be taking it easy for the next few days!!! You take care girl!

Jennie
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Sounds like a good time!
    Wow Jennie... when you throw a party, you throw a PARTY! I can only imagine how much fun that must have been :)

But now, I don't really know anything about Cyberknife procedures and so I can't comment on them but, as with any kind of treatment, chemo, radiation, etc.... don't ya think maybe you should have slowed down a little bit?? And you wonder why you were so beat up the next day??? Oh, it must have been that you were wearing the wig for so many hours... uh huh, yep, that must have been it!! You goofball!!! :D

But that is brilliant that you are feeling so good throughout all of this. I know, with the RFA procedure I had when they zapped a tumour on my lung, I felt exactly the same... absolutely no side affects whatsoever. And they even used a General Anesthetic, but as soon as I was awake, I was awake... and ready to go. They let me go that same day and I swear, I could have gone shopping for the rest of the day. I wasn't allowed to... but I felt like I could!! :D

Anywho.. keep up the good work... and let the monster know who's in charge! :)

Cheryl
  • idlehunters
    Crow71 said:

Jennie - You f#@&ing ROCK!!!
    Jennie - You f#@&ing ROCK!!! I'm so glad to hear that Cyberknife went well. Sorry you were in pain, but It's over chick!!!! I want an invite to your next party. It's so great to hear from you. Rock on!!!
    Roger

Roger Dodger!!!!!
    Dude.... I have missed you!! You are definately on the guest list for the next party!!! How are you doing??? Update me on you! Take care

Jennie
  • idlehunters
    pf78248 said:

Amazing!
    I am thrilled your Cyberknife procedures seemed to go so well, but I can't imagine laying still for so long while in pain. You are really brave and strong, Jennie!

But to do all of that for a party that lasted into the wee hours! Wow, your daughter is so veery lucky to have you!a. Tell her congrats for me on her graduation. I am in awe of nurses and what they do!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla

Priscilla
    Wow.... Talk about brave and strong..... that would be YOU!! I just read your posts and I am in awe over what is happening in your life. Please, if there is anything I can do for you ... let me know...anything. You take care and I will be sending good vibes your way.

Jennie
  • idlehunters

Sounds like a good time!
    Wow Jennie... when you throw a party, you throw a PARTY! I can only imagine how much fun that must have been :)

But now, I don't really know anything about Cyberknife procedures and so I can't comment on them but, as with any kind of treatment, chemo, radiation, etc.... don't ya think maybe you should have slowed down a little bit?? And you wonder why you were so beat up the next day??? Oh, it must have been that you were wearing the wig for so many hours... uh huh, yep, that must have been it!! You goofball!!! :D

But that is brilliant that you are feeling so good throughout all of this. I know, with the RFA procedure I had when they zapped a tumour on my lung, I felt exactly the same... absolutely no side affects whatsoever. And they even used a General Anesthetic, but as soon as I was awake, I was awake... and ready to go. They let me go that same day and I swear, I could have gone shopping for the rest of the day. I wasn't allowed to... but I felt like I could!! :D

Anywho.. keep up the good work... and let the monster know who's in charge! :)

Cheryl

Cheryl...Cheryl...Cheryl!!!
    You crack me up!!! You KNOW it was that wig.... right???? LOL...right!! I know I should have slowed down... even the doc says.."Make sure you are getting plenty of rest" Yeah Right! Not possible with that party smack in the middle of it all. It's all good though... it all turned out ok so life is good.

You know I am always looking for places to take vacations.... I am gonna make it your way so I can see my "actress friend" perform.... Never been in your neck of the woods and Never seen an "adult" play. Uh ohhh...BUCKET LIST!!! LOL You take care

Jen
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member

Roger Dodger!!!!!
    Dude.... I have missed you!! You are definately on the guest list for the next party!!! How are you doing??? Update me on you! Take care

Jennie

Going in for my 2nd
    Going in for my 2nd treatment of folfori tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. The wound from surgery in April still hasn't completely healed. I still have a little piece of intestine showing, and wanted to heal completely before starting chemo, but I really needed to start chemo again.
    I've got a few small lung tumors and many in the liver. No worries. Chemo and Kale juice will nock this **** out. And perhaps a touch of Bud and Jack Daniels along the way - just a touch. I'm just so glad to hear from you.
    Caw Caw
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Dang
    You but a new meaning to Cancer Warrior. Way to go!!

Brooks
  • idlehunters

Dang
    You but a new meaning to Cancer Warrior. Way to go!!

Brooks

Brooks
    thank you Brooks!!! Hope you are doing well!

Jennie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    good to hear from you
    Hi Jennie!

I was wondering about you and starting to worry, so it was good to read your post.
    Glad the week of cyberknife went well, overall- other than the one bad day of back pain. I know those radiation tables are soooo hard, aren't they? I never had cyberknife, so I never had to lie there as long as you did, but I remember even from my "regular" radiation, how much that hard glass table hurt my lower back & I'd have shooting pains during the radiation sessions.

Glad your daughter's party was fun (definitely on the wild side!)
    You take care & rest up now- promise?!

Lisa
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

Cheryl...Cheryl...Cheryl!!!
    You crack me up!!! You KNOW it was that wig.... right???? LOL...right!! I know I should have slowed down... even the doc says.."Make sure you are getting plenty of rest" Yeah Right! Not possible with that party smack in the middle of it all. It's all good though... it all turned out ok so life is good.

You know I am always looking for places to take vacations.... I am gonna make it your way so I can see my "actress friend" perform.... Never been in your neck of the woods and Never seen an "adult" play. Uh ohhh...BUCKET LIST!!! LOL You take care

Jen

Jennie... Jennie... Jennie!!!
    Now YOU are cracking ME up!! I never professed to be an actress!! ROTFL!! Oh my word... if I were to get up on stage, the audience would all wonder what they had done so wrong in their lives that they have to sit through this!!! No, No, No... I am strictly behind the scenes ... more likely you will find me in the administration office, the Producer's office, or even in the theatre, but behind a camera. Currently, I am a Publicist and this past weekend just opened a wonderful show "Brighton Beach Memoirs" by Neil Simon. Hahaha... this was a show that I literally had to publicize in the last couple of weeks because I was involved with a Musical Theatre company all summer. So, like you, where maybe it would have been a good idea for me to be taking it easy this summer (I'm also going through 8 rounds of Xeloda... and am on #4 at the moment), I didn't have time to take it easy all summer, let alone between shows. I also have just finished putting together an issue of a Theatre Community eNewsletter that goes out Sept 1. Normally I give myself a month to put these together... but this time I only had a week! Yikes!

Sooooo... I totally understand where you are coming from when there are things that are planned and just have to get done... and sometimes our treatments come at the worst of times... but hey, we all are warriors and we just work them around our already busy lives :)

But hey.... you get up here to the PNW, hop over the border to Vancouver, and I'll make sure you get to see some wonderful theatre... to the point you'll wonder how the heck you missed out on this magical world for so long!! :D

Now... take that wig off and get some rest, girlfriend!!! :):)

Cheryl
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lisa42 said:

good to hear from you
    Hi Jennie!

I was wondering about you and starting to worry, so it was good to read your post.
    Glad the week of cyberknife went well, overall- other than the one bad day of back pain. I know those radiation tables are soooo hard, aren't they? I never had cyberknife, so I never had to lie there as long as you did, but I remember even from my "regular" radiation, how much that hard glass table hurt my lower back & I'd have shooting pains during the radiation sessions.

Glad your daughter's party was fun (definitely on the wild side!)
    You take care & rest up now- promise?!

Lisa

Glad to hear about you
    l was really worried not for cyberknife but for the party, no age for that!(its a joke!)
    LOL!

Best!!!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Wonder woman!
    Lol would hum the theme tune to that, but erm can't figure how to do that by post. Great to hear from you and that you managed to do everything! Hope your resting now.

Hugs
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Sonia32 said:

Wonder woman!
    Lol would hum the theme tune to that, but erm can't figure how to do that by post. Great to hear from you and that you managed to do everything! Hope your resting now.

Hugs

Jennie,
    Now that is the way

Jennie,
    Now that is the way to party!!! So happy you could do this and enjoy it, hard work and all! We all need to learn how to play harder. We got one shot at this and we need to enjoy it! Aldo glad to hear you made it through the cyber knife without too much discomfort!! Now take your bald butt and get some rest!!!

P.s. I want to come to your next party, or at least have you plan a semi colon party!

Kathy
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad you are back
    Sounds like you have life under control.

Glad the Cyberknife experience seems to have done its job. Praying for all good news as you get new scans, etc.

Now that we know that you can cook for the masses...when are you inviting us all over???
    Sounds like you had a grand time and so did your guests.

So very glad to see your post as we were all wondering about you.

Marie who loves kitties
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358

Glad you are back
    Sounds like you have life under control.

Glad the Cyberknife experience seems to have done its job. Praying for all good news as you get new scans, etc.

Now that we know that you can cook for the masses...when are you inviting us all over???
    Sounds like you had a grand time and so did your guests.

So very glad to see your post as we were all wondering about you.

Marie who loves kitties

You go Girl
    Sounds like a rockin party! and congrats on the cyberknife treatments, sounds as if all went well

Kathy
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    It's so good to hear from
    It's so good to hear from you and how you are healing well and enjoying life. Tell your daughter congratulations on graduation

Sheri
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    ktlcs said:

You go Girl
    Sounds like a rockin party! and congrats on the cyberknife treatments, sounds as if all went well

Kathy

Hi sweetheart...........
    Im glad to have ya back in here...I knew you'd be ok...it was the Drs and Nurses I was scared for...LOL...Glad the party went so well, Im sure the daughter was very proud of her mom as mom is of her...Jello shots and pool parties....Hmm...you deserve it....have fun but please be a little easier on yourself for a little while...Love to ya, Buzz