Any suggestion on books

j2twin
j2twin Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was wondering if anyone could recommend books that are helpful. Not sure what to read concerning diet, etc. Not much of cook. One doc says changing diet helpful other say no. Any books that help you get you through. Just not sure where to start. When first go Dx didn't want to read anything. Now that I finished rads I want to know more to help myself.

Comments

• kjrpcb
    kjrpcb Member Posts: 41
    Books that help
    I am not a writer but found that I needed a forum in which to write down all my thoughts. The day I was diagnosed I started a personal journal. The book that helped me start that process was Healing with Words by Diane Raab. It's the story of her cancer journey and it has helped me to write my own personal journey. I find that at times I forget things and having a journal has helped me keep things straight and reflect on what has happened and what's to come.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Here are 2 books
    Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book - 4th Edition - Author: Susan M. Love, M.D. with Karen Lindsyus - This book is a bible for women with breast cancer. Everyone should have this book.

Anti Cancer, a New Way of Life - by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, Cancer Survivor and Scientist - I have not read this book but other breast cancer patients have recommended it. Here's a website to find out a little more about it: www.nticancerbook.com

Hugs
    Janelle
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Here are 2 books
    Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book - 4th Edition - Author: Susan M. Love, M.D. with Karen Lindsyus - This book is a bible for women with breast cancer. Everyone should have this book.

Anti Cancer, a New Way of Life - by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber, Cancer Survivor and Scientist - I have not read this book but other breast cancer patients have recommended it. Here's a website to find out a little more about it: www.nticancerbook.com

Hugs
    Janelle

after breast cancer by
    after breast cancer by hester Hill Schnipper, she also has a blog
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I too started
    a journal and write in it every day that something new to me occurs. I purchased Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book and plan on purchasing After Breast Cancer. Both the hospital where I had my bilateral mastectomy and the hospital where I'm having chemo treatments gave me so much reading info from ACS and NIC. Some were about cancer in general, some about chemo and others about programs offered and one about eating.
    Char