Avastin

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS5x-JSmxHQ

Cancer patients have expressed disappointment after the NICE drug watchdog refuses to recommend a new drug for NHS patients. .

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    outrage
    I believe NICE is the governing decision making group in the UK. It is truly an outrage that they have denied Avastin again. It all comes down to money, as they said "the benefits don't outweigh the cost". Decisions such as this as another reason why so many in the U.S. fear government controlled healthcare. I do hope that the people in the UK will be up in arms over this, as it seems like they are the only major nation denying their cancer patients this drug.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    lisa42 said:

outrage
    I believe NICE is the governing decision making group in the UK. It is truly an outrage that they have denied Avastin again. It all comes down to money, as they said "the benefits don't outweigh the cost". Decisions such as this as another reason why so many in the U.S. fear government controlled healthcare. I do hope that the people in the UK will be up in arms over this, as it seems like they are the only major nation denying their cancer patients this drug.

Well you know UK is UK they don't consider them self even part
    of EU. but in the rest of Europe specially France , Spain and the Nordic states (this are the countries with higher government control in health affairs)
    public health care is excellent ,that you can't say about british health sistem wich is not 100% universal nor 100% public. Actually France and Spain are upset due to the big amount of Britons who are coming to be operated here trough the public system for free!