Arimidex therapy

13»

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Shirleyzo said:

went off arimidex
    After four months on Arimidex I had to go off. I have never had such bad back and leg pain. My Oncologist isn't to happy about it. I have been on Tamoxifen for 2 months with no problems.

Shirley how long did it take for the effects to wear off?
    I've been off Arimidex for 2 weeks now and not seeing any relief from my numbness yet....
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Mama G said:

Shirley how long did it take for the effects to wear off?
    I've been off Arimidex for 2 weeks now and not seeing any relief from my numbness yet....

My emotions and moods are
    My emotions and moods are out of control. I think I'm getting depressed. I've been on Arimidex since mid July, and had a complete melt down today. I'm usually pretty calm and reasonable with other people's issues, but I absolutely lost it today. Day started out on a not so good note and just got worse. I've been in tears since 7 this evening and must admit I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. Is anyone experiencing mood swings and irritability on this drug? I'm ready to say no more arimidex. I dont like feeling this emotional.
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Sunrae said:

I bumped this subject up
    I bumped this subject up again since so many of us are on hormone therapy. I've been on Femara for 5 months and have very little side effects, some night sweats. I went to my onc today and asked her why she chose Femara for me instead of Arimidex, which so many take. She said Arimidex is cheaper and soon there will be a generic available. But she said so many of her patients have so many more side effects from Arimidex than Femara she has switched over to Femara as drug of choice. It is more expensive, about $300 a month, which I told her I didn't know how much longer I could pay. Since I have so many other expensive prescriptions every month I get into the "donut hole" quickly. (For you younger ones, when you get on medicare and part D prescription coverage, after you and the insurance spend a certain amount, near $3000, you lose prescription coverage and have to pay full price for prescriptions.) So about June every year I start paying full price and it runs over $600 per month. She offered to switch me over to Arimidex for a month to see how the side effects are but I'm doing well on Femara so for the time being I'm opting for that. She is helping me out by giving my samples but I know she can't always do that. Wish there was a good solution for all of us but just wanted to let you all know that there is a generic coming soon for Arimidex.

femara
    I am on that also...I just looked up my last prescription paperwork, and the plan payment amount for a 3 month supply shows #1,074.49. That works out to $358.16 a month from my plan. Thank God I don't go on Medicare for another 2+ years...the way my birthday falls and everything, I may only have to worry about the total impact of it for one full year, and partial impact for another year.
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    natly15 said:

My emotions and moods are out of control. I think I'm getting depressed. I've been on Arimidex since mid July, and had a complete melt down today. I'm usually pretty calm and reasonable with other people's issues, but I absolutely lost it today. Day started out on a not so good note and just got worse. I've been in tears since 7 this evening and must admit I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. Is anyone experiencing mood swings and irritability on this drug? I'm ready to say no more arimidex. I dont like feeling this emotional.

Natly, I'm going on Arimidex
    Natly, I'm going on Arimidex after rads, so this interesting. I'm not gonna tolerate mood swings very well because usually I'm on a pretty even keel. I know there's meds out there to help. A couple years ago I had a bunch of bad things happening that really threw my "neuro-receptors" off and I there was hardly a day I wouldn't break down crying. A trip to "Dr. Candy" and 2 months of pills got me right back on track.

Take care, Cindy
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    on Arimidex since June 2010
    Doing well. Also taking the D3, Calcium, B100s and Coenzyme 10. I have a little stiffness in my ankles upon rising in the morning but nothing that impairs my functioning. My Med Onc recently published an article on the promising effects of Acupuncture for addressing Arimidex related stiffness and joint pain. Her name is Dawn Hershman MD. If anyone would like the full citation, I'll get it for you.
    Hugs, K
  • jacanny
    jacanny Member Posts: 2
    natly15 said:

Arimidex Moods
    I joined this group today because my emotions are out of control. I seriously considered knocking myself out with a few percocets! Thankfully I opted to go for a walk. I've been on Arimidex for over a year and have mostly had joint pain and hot flashes. I haven't had a hot flash in a few weeks, but now I'm dealing with mood issues. Of course this change happened after my last Oncologist appointment. I don't want to give up on the Arimidex. I definitely feel better knowing that this is likely due to medication. I thought I was losing my mind!
  • jacanny
    jacanny Member Posts: 2
    natly15 said:

Arimidex Moods
    I joined this group today because my emotions are out of control. I seriously considered knocking myself out with a few percocets! Thankfully I opted to go for a walk. I've been on Arimidex for over a year and have mostly had joint pain and hot flashes. I haven't had a hot flash in a few weeks, but now I'm dealing with mood issues. Of course this change happened after my last Oncologist appointment. I don't want to give up on the Arimidex. I definitely feel better knowing that this is likely due to medication. I thought I was losing my mind!
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    filimu said:

femara
    I am on that also...I just looked up my last prescription paperwork, and the plan payment amount for a 3 month supply shows #1,074.49. That works out to $358.16 a month from my plan. Thank God I don't go on Medicare for another 2+ years...the way my birthday falls and everything, I may only have to worry about the total impact of it for one full year, and partial impact for another year.

Arimidex is generic
    Filmu, Are you referring to Arimidex? Arimidex went Generic in July.With my pharmacy plan I pay $20 for a three month supply.
    Hugs, K